Late season spike bull 072-074

Cornbinder

Thanks for reading and responding. I drew a late season spike bull tag for 072-074. I hunt a pretty fair amount in 061/071 and this area was my last choice. I’ve done the late season thing for cows in 061/071 and I know it’s a crap shoot when it comes to getting access and weather. I’ve eaten tag soup a few times over the years due to weather up there and the late season hunt. This is just a meat hunt for me and my family so I’m not interested in making this a hunt trip of a lifetime. I have only been to Jarbidge one time over the years and it was through Gold Creek Guard Station after a mid season hunt about 8 years ago. My question is what’s the best way into elk territory? I’ve read a bunch about Charleston road and the road through Murphy’s hot spring. Has anyone been able to access elk in 074 from highway 93? I‘ll primarily get off highway with my truck but do any difficult terrain to access areas on a quad. Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thank you very much.

Thanks for reading and responding. I drew a late season spike bull tag for 072-074. I hunt a pretty fair amount in 061/071 and this area was my last choice. I’ve done the late season thing for cows in 061/071 and I know it’s a crap shoot when it comes to getting access and weather. I’ve eaten tag soup a few times over the years due to weather up there and the late season hunt. This is just a meat hunt for me and my family so I’m not interested in making this a hunt trip of a lifetime. I have only been to Jarbidge one time over the years and it was through Gold Creek Guard Station after a mid season hunt about 8 years ago. My question is what’s the best way into elk territory? I’ve read a bunch about Charleston road and the road through Murphy’s hot spring. Has anyone been able to access elk in 074 from highway 93? I‘ll primarily get off highway with my truck but do any difficult terrain to access areas on a quad. Any help would be greatly appreciate.
Sent you a map the biologist gave me last year. Maybe access through 75 out of Wells?

075 is not a part of that Spike hunt. I had this tag a couple years ago and it was tough. You’ll see some cool country though. You can access 074 off highway 93 back behind Contact, Mahogany Basin or Brown’s Bench. Been told there are elk in there but didn’t see any when I had the tag. A lot will probably depend on the weather when your hunt comes around. Good luck!

075 is not a part of that Spike hunt. I had this tag a couple years ago and it was tough. You’ll see some cool country though. You can access 074 off highway 93 back behind Contact, Mahogany Basin or Brown’s Bench. Been told there are elk in there but didn’t see any when I had the tag. A lot will probably depend on the weather when your hunt comes around. Good luck!
Thank you very much.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom