LE TAG SOUP

Sniper1

Just wondering who all had awesome tags this year and didnt for one reason or another connect on a trophy.

I will start off..
I had a wasatch archery tag for elk. Spent 20+ days on the hilland had a helluva time. I was into bulls everyday and had a lot of very close calls. I had a few bulls within ten yards and just couldnt make it happen. Passed on a lot of smaller bulls and finally on the last day of the hunt I had my chance and missed him. Talk about a sick feeling especially cuz I have never killed a bull in my life. So.... Lets hear em?

I think there was quite a bit of it this year!

Mine was General NE Region PISSCUTTER Track Pot Pie!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

I drew a bighorn sheep tag and if I would have ate tag soup I would have gone into the next life guns a blazin. :)

So let's see a pic of the sheep.

That sucks sniper. That is the tough thing about archery. Everything has to come together just right to get a shot and even once you get a shot the bull might take a step, jump the string or bust you drawing. I hunted the wasatch last fall and was in a similar position where I was within range of great bulls dozens of times, but couldn't get a shot. With a rifle I'd have been able to drop near every one of them. But the challenge and being that close to a snorting, drooling bull is awesome. Sometimes it comes together and sometimes it doesn't. Sounds like you had fun on the mountain though.

Ate my Manti archery elk tag this year. Had an exceptional hunt tho. hunted 18 days, passed up 9 Good bulls and 12 branch bulls. I had my opportunity the last Wednesday morning at a solid 340 bull at 47yards and I shot under him!!..GGggrrrrrr.. IDIOT!

Oh well, maybe again in 15 years.. HA!

Alp....

Ya I had a time of my life. I have never experienced them things up close and personal like that till this year. A few days I even got to have the wife with me and we had a few bulls bout run us over. One night it was like I was dropped right in the middle of the fiah barrel. I had at least 8 bulls within 150 yards chasin each other off and fightin. I had one bull walk up a fence line and stop and stare at me from 13 yards for 5 min. It was amazing. I would do it again in a heart beat just hope for a little more luck this time.

>Burned 10 points on an AZ
>elk tag & never even
>left home because of a
>herniated disk.

Oh that really sucks. But hey it does happen to all of us, for one reason or another, that have been in the game a long time. I blew 8 Nevada deer points when I accidently applied for the wrong hunt.

Yep-ate tag soup on Ari arch unit ten---had a great 78 yard shot on a four hundred bull but tried to get closer--couldnt---my problem was not only did I have a herniated painful disk but I was having a heart attack!---got good vid at 78 though! now off for open heart surgery on Tuesday

I used 5 points to draw a sleeper Cali zone this year. i only saw 7 legal bucks in the two weeks that i took off to hunt them muleys, none of them worthy of a second look. I know of 3 30+ bucks taken off public ground and that or more, maybe not quite as large, taken on private. It's a small but good unit, i just didn't do that well but had the time of my life!!

As i've said before, Tag Soup seasoned with the memories of the hunt,..It ain't all that bad!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

It was not this year, but a few years back I had a Utah Desert Sheep tag that I didn't fill. I could have shot at least 5 different 150ish rams with a rifle, and had two shots at the largest desert ram I have ever seen and missed him both times.

But I learned a long time ago that when you hunt with a bow, you get to hunt a lot than you get to get. Ha HA

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-11 AT 05:47PM (MST)[p]>Yep-ate tag soup on Ari arch
>unit ten---had a great 78
>yard shot on a four
>hundred bull but tried to
>get closer--couldnt---my problem was not
>only did I have a
>herniated painful disk but I
>was having a heart attack!---got
>good vid at 78 though!
> now off for open
>heart surgery on Tuesday

Dang appleman. I wish you and your family the best this Christmas and your with your illness. Merry Christmas!!

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Me and my dad both ate our idaho deer tags after 10 days of hard hunting and he ended up not getting a bighorn ram from wyoming. Worst season ever for us.

My bro in law and dad had tags on the north cache(muzzy and late hunts). Saw lots of elk and had a ton of fun. Both had opportunities at 5 points but wanted bigger and both ate it.

I personally know 9 people that ate tag soup on LE hunts this year. 1 moose, 6 elk and 2 deer. I know that taste myself all too well.

It's always an adventure!!!

I arrowed a Mnt. goat a few years back and it went over into the cliffs.

I hired a guy that does all the rappalling and I made arrangements with the game warden to meet me up there.

We searched and search and could not find the Mnt. Goat.

The kid on the ropes would swing out from the cliffs to see if it had fallen down off the cliffs---but nothing--not even magpies or ravens.

The game warden found my arrow.

After most of the day the Game warden said we had done our best to find the Mnt. Goat and that I could continue to hunt for another one.

I told him the tag was good for 1 animal and that I felt the Mnt. Goat would die and that was my 1 animal.

So I never went back up ----- and ate the tag.

Robb

My brother had an archery tag on the Dutton this year, he hunted 20+ days and went home empty. We had lots of opportunities on small bulls. We had one big bull 375+ that we spent most of our time on could not get him in bow range. But as said earlier in this post, "Tag soup seasoned with good memories made with family and friends is not all that bad" The rock pile is a tough hunt, I'm sure we would do it again if we had the chance.

Later, L.T.

Thanks tailchaser-will be strong for next season-unfortunately I will never draw ten again---but have great pic memories-Im the best at eating lots of tag soup but that huge bull at 78 still weighs on the mind!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom