leave tomarrow for antelope

freaknasty

we will be leaving for antelope tomarrow 52 muzzy. I'm gonna try to get one with the bow( we'll see)
good luck to all, send some pics.

Just remember,Alot of those bucks were transplanted at the begining of the year.And their prongs were cut off.
Just a heads up if your looking for one to mount.

>"Just remember,Alot of those bucks were
>transplanted at the begining of
>the year.And their prongs were
>cut off.
>Just a heads up if your
>looking for one to mount."
>

Where did you get this info? I have been a part of many pronghorn/bighorn transplants, and have never see this done...

The Beast is Dead, Long Live the Beast.

-The Nuge

>Just remember,Alot of those bucks were
>transplanted at the begining of
>the year.And their prongs were
>cut off.
>Just a heads up if your
>looking for one to mount.
>

even if they did cut off their prongs which i have never heard of....they would have shed their horns and re-grown them already prongs and all

Good luck to you guys. Just got back from a successful archery antelope hunt...finally. I travel all over the state for work, and I've seen some really big ones out there this year.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-10 AT 08:56PM (MST)[p]They did this in April.So I dont see them sheding and re-growing.Next year yes.As clipping the horns do a search on the dept webpage.

Straight off the game &fish website.Keyword search I used was
Antelope clipped

were loaded in trailers, each antelope had its horns clipped for safety and was given ... see the herd trimmed to lessen the animals' ...

So I guess the Game&fish website is where i got my info.also from a game bioligist.And seeing them in the wild.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom