Leftover Reissue list is up.

Since they had a medical exception they get to keep their points or their money but not both correct?
Since the turned in tags before 30 days of season, no medical exception needed. It's true if they want their points back, they forfeit the tag fee.

What a silly way to reissue a cow moose tag and eight 076 archery bull tags. Just because the first 5 guys didn't take it last minute (and use points). So, let's just give it out randomly (no NR cap) and not take points?

And cow moose is not "season choice", it is season/weapon specific. But nonsensical CPW displays that tag on the reissue list as though it's a season choice bull or either sex tag. How many guys will waste an hour of their time today entering the wrong final character for a tag that doesn't actually exist?

This tag today is EITHER, A, M or R. Not all three. And there is not one of each.

View attachment 117172
It’s essentially a “float” hunt code for cow moose. Quota could all go on one season or any combination.

I got my archery deer tag.

What a silly way to reissue a cow moose tag and eight 076 archery bull tags. Just because the first 5 guys didn't take it last minute (and use points). So, let's just give it out randomly (no NR cap) and not take points?

Ding Ding. Round 2 served up. lol

Damn it
Had the 82 early tag in my cart, to the payment screen, then it just went blank & said “system error” . WTF
Purged it from my cart.
I was literally picking mailing preferences . Thought the tag was supposed to be yours if you got in in cart. Lame
That is frustrating, sorry!!!!

Damn it
Had the 82 early tag in my cart, to the payment screen, then it just went blank & said “system error” . WTF
Purged it from my cart.
I was literally picking mailing preferences . Thought the tag was supposed to be yours if you got in in cart. Lame
That really sucks. Your supposed to have 5 minutes to complete the transaction once it's in your cart

Damn it
Purged it from my cart.
tag I wanted. Sorry you didn't get it. I wish I knew who did the bots, I'd give them some money.

I feel like I’m fighting for my life every time I jump in feeding frenzy of tags. I’ve had a few tags at the add to cart screen a few times. But it pretty much ends there.

I believe it, when money is involved why wouldn’t there be something made to cheat the system. Want to make sure it doesn’t just go to a high bidder. Make it in state, in person only sales with random release times. But then again I know of work from home guys that were basically living in the CPW parking lot a few years ago when it was random release still. Heck I have no clue how to fix it…

I believe it, when money is involved why wouldn’t there be something made to cheat the system. Want to make sure it doesn’t just go to a high bidder. Make it in state, in person only sales with random release times. But then again I know of work from home guys that were basically living in the CPW parking lot a few years ago when it was random release still. Heck I have no clue how to fix it…
I agree! In person sales only.
If you want a tag bad enough take the day off!
That will piss off some NR but oh well ?

They should do something different. At minimum go back to the random day and time again. I think a lottery type system would be cool. I’m also not against having to burn points if you get said tag. Maybe just take the point you would have received that year at minimum. I’m not scientist but this system doesn’t work great.

Maybe they should just not be so forgiving to the tag turner in crowd...
It's not that forgiving for a NR. A few years ago I had an arm injury and had to have surgery 3 weeks before the opener. Cost me my tag fee and the point for that year.

Get you some more of that 1st rifle tag there boys.

Lord, I can't believe those keep coming onto this list. I would love to know who is turning these tags in?! lol

If i recall, there was someone saying that there is little effect on point creep with reissue tags. If those guys put in next year for the same tag, there sure will be point creep as a result.

Little effect. That's rich. LMAO

How could someone be that naive to even think that?

It's one of the leading causes of point creep in Colorado.
All because the CPW won't get people through the system efficiently.

If it were up to me, I would turn their entire system right on its head. People wouldn't like it at first, but they would appreciate the changes that I would implement. The "tag dads" would certainly hate me. So would anyone else who thought about turning a tag back in. lol

You get it, you hunt it. If you can't hunt it, tough crap, you lose all your points and all your money. Just like Wyoming does.

To the back of the line you go.

If it were up to me, I would turn their entire system right on its head. People wouldn't like it at first, but they would appreciate the changes that I would implement. The "tag dads" would certainly hate me. So would anyone else who thought about turning a tag back in. lol

You get it, you hunt it. If you can't hunt it, tough crap, you lose all your points and all your money. Just like Wyoming does.

But yet you participate in trying to get reissued tags. That's rich.

But yet you participate in trying to get reissued tags. That's rich.

Hey man, I'm not the guy turning in my tags. I voiced my concerns openly about this crappy system for years.

If it was up to me, I would make people use their points for any A-list tag and I would gladly give my measly three points for a tag from this list.

If it was up to me, I would make people use their points for any A-list tag and I would gladly give my measly three points for a tag from this list.
I never find the guys with 5+ points ever supporting that idea. I have to admit it has kept me out of Nevada's FCFS. That's because I don't have a measly 3 points. Such a system only benefits guys who have burned their points or are late collecting points. Which one are you?

Starts at 2500 and goes up from there depending on the

You obviously haven't had any life altering medical conditions or situations of any kind that are our of your control?

I never find the guys with 5+ points ever supporting that idea. I have to admit it has kept me out of Nevada's FCFS. That's because I don't have a measly 3 points. Such a system only benefits guys who have burned their points or are late collecting points. Which one are you?

I have a ton of points for deer, elk, and antelope spanning across about 8 states.

My 3 points I was referring to were my Colorado Elk Points.

If I ever apply for a job with one of those assessment test and it asks me if I can tell the difference between a bridge and a street light…… I’ll be ready!!!!!
Sad but true ! What we have to go through to get a license in todays hunting world. High demand and very limited availability. I’m set for elk and deer, still looking for an antelope voucher or re-issue.

I’m not in neeeeed of a tag, I have some to fill. Just trying to grab one if I can. I’ve gotten lucky before and grabbed a tag off the list but this year I’ve had more opportunity to get tags from the non res Nevada FCFS list.
In other news, my buddy bought an elk tag from the original list for a draw unit. It showed up the other day. He also got a second envelope with another tag for the same hunt and different serial number. CPW really needs to look at what they have going on

The program actually skips the captchas, it also puts the tag directly in the cart making it faster then anyone else can since they have the extra screen and button to have to add it

There are definitely programmers that have tricks to avoid CAPTCHA solves altogether.

Ticketmaster ditched CAPTCHAs for some devices/platforms altogether because the workarounds were just too widespread.

CPW is many years behind Ticketmaster in technology. And some of these tags have street value many times greater than a Taylor Swift ticket.

A few non-tech guys will snipe a good tag. But many of the best tags are going to the tech guys with paying clients.

It’s pretty wild even the re issue tags is being commercialized. Not gunna lie a little jealous, but it is kind of annoying that I probably have little to no chance without coughing up a butt ton of money. Again good on who ever figured this out and is making money. But it is kind of a bummer for us poors.

There are definitely programmers that have tricks to avoid CAPTCHA solves altogether.

Ticketmaster ditched CAPTCHAs for some devices/platforms altogether because the workarounds were just too widespread.

CPW is many years behind Ticketmaster in technology. And some of these tags have street value many times greater than a Taylor Swift ticket.

A few non-tech guys will snipe a good tag. But many of the best tags are going to the tech guys with paying clients.
All the more reason the CPW needs to address this and make it an even playing field for everyone. Lottery system and let them run it, even if it takes more of a processing fee to get it done.

It’s pretty wild even the re issue tags is being commercialized. Not gunna lie a little jealous, but it is kind of annoying that I probably have little to no chance without coughing up a butt ton of money. Again good on who ever figured this out and is making money. But it is kind of a bummer for us poors.
Still think it should be in person only, basically keeps it for instate folks, unless you are really dedicated and eliminates the game of the nerds getting richer (most nerds are already rich)

Still think it should be in person only, basically keeps it for instate folks, unless you are really dedicated and eliminates the game of the nerds getting richer (most nerds are already rich)
I agree if a tag is worth it take the day off. I’d be happy with that type of system. The online system is just to susceptible to “cheating” the system.

I miss the days of in person. Especially that first day and seeing everyone pacing and am trying to strategize what to do next. I had no problem taking a day off for it.

Spring draw takes weeks. And you guys think a government agency can compile a list on a Tuesday, perform a draw and get results out the next day, Wednesday?

CPW has been clear that they like the reissue process as-is.

Bring on the point creep - especially in 076 this year!

there should be a little skin in the game. I do like the idea of burning points for said tags. A once or twice a month draw would be cool too. The state can’t handle that but they very well should be able to.
I’m sure the state could hire some guys who are getting around the capchta thing to figure out how a computer could run a draw in I dunno a few hours? Let’s ask Orion if that is possible

I’m sure the state could hire some guys who are getting around the capchta thing to figure out how a computer could run a draw in I dunno a few hours? Let’s ask Orion if that is possible
Agreed, residents of all states Should demand a more efficient government.

Spring draw takes weeks. And you guys think a government agency can compile a list on a Tuesday, perform a draw and get results out the next day, Wednesday?

CPW has been clear that they like the reissue process as-is.

Bring on the point creep - especially in 076 this year!
CPW should pattern Nevada’s draw as far as how long it takes for results.

I am ok with using points, but what would an application fee be for? We aren’t applying for anything. Charge for just logging in?
It would be 8 bucks a tag or 10 bucks a tag every time you tried for one in the “leftover draw“ just like in the primary of secondary draws

It would be 8 bucks a tag or 10 bucks a tag every time you tried for one in the “leftover draw“ just like in the primary of secondary draws

Ok, so you are saying make it a draw every week so that everyone gets into the pot before they “choose” a winner. Not very realistic is it? They would have to allow a period to put in for and a period for the draw then a period for payment each week….

I don't love it, but do it like Idaho's. You get put into a random spot in line, and hope it's good enough to snag a tag you want. Yes you should forfeit your points if you buy a tag. This eliminates the bots pulling all the premium tags.

I like the draw idea better but apparently that is more than they can handle bi-mothly, which is a joke. It's all automated, or should be.

*** Also only NR should be able to get these tags. I just want to see more funding for your state! HA!!!

Post the List on Tuesday, Application must be completed on Wednesday by 4 pm. Draw on Thursday Morning. Credit Card on file will be charged asap. If less than (1) week prior to the hunt or the hunt has started 1st come 1st serve at a CPW Office. If you hunt you loose your PP's.
Ok, so you are saying make it a draw every week so that everyone gets into the pot before they “choose” a winner. Not very realistic is it? They would have to allow a period to put in for and a period for the draw then a period for payment each week….
Cowboy lays it out pretty well. Heck I think the guys interested in the tags, can have a deadline a few hours after the list comes out, we are talking hundreds of tags not hundreds of thousands.

You are telling me we can put a man on the damn moon, but we can have a super computer that runs a draw system in 10-30min? I know for a fact there is the technology to run it weekly. Ask some of the super nerds that get the good tags I’m sure it exists

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom