Leftover Reissue list is up.

What times are most of you who get the re-issued tags actually getting them?

I've been unsuccessful this year, but in years past have gotten tags at 11:06am and right at 11am... Mostly 0-2 point tags.

I had 6 buddies, my daughter and myself on high speed internet trying to get her, my 16 year daughter, one of the 3-61 2nd season tags. Oh course nothing. Sad to hear bots and money got them.

I wish the CPW would do something about these bots but they never will and will never spend the money to prevent them. Why do they care? The tag sells and that's all they care about. They might as well put them up for auction to the highest bidder and make the money rather than these private individuals making all the cash.

I still love the reissue as she was able to get a great rifle deer tag last week that Orion and 6x6's bots must of overlooked or didn't have high dollar deposits on.

Please go back to the random placement of the reissue tags.

I had 6 buddies, my daughter and myself on high speed internet trying to get her, my 16 year daughter, one of the 3-61 2nd season tags. Oh course nothing. Sad to hear bots and money got them.

I wish the CPW would do something about these bots but they never will and will never spend the money to prevent them. Why do they care? The tag sells and that's all they care about. They might as well put them up for auction to the highest bidder and make the money rather than these private individuals making all the cash.

I still love the reissue as she was able to get a great rifle deer tag last week that Orion and 6x6's bots must of overlooked or didn't have high dollar deposits on.

I have found through numerus attempts that having more than one person logged into the same account trying to get a tag makes it worse. Seems like it only confuses the CPW system. I have also found that filling out all 4 tag choices does not work either. If I have one PC running with my account open and only put in one tag choice at a time it has gotten me to the cart 2 weeks in a row. Food for thought I guess,

A bot can continuously run codes. How in the world will you beat that?

Can someone help out this nearly over the hill, computer challenged country bumpkin and explain to me how bots buy up all the tags? I have no clue what a bot is, but I highly doubt they are out hunting with the tags they buy. I am not trying to start something here, simply trying to educate myself a bit about the ways of 2023. Thank you in advance.

Can someone help out this nearly over the hill, computer challenged country bumpkin and explain to me how bots buy up all the tags? I have no clue what a bot is, but I highly doubt they are out hunting with the tags they buy. I am not trying to start something here, simply trying to educate myself a bit about the ways of 2023. Thank you in advance.
People build "bots" or programs that can navigate the system 100 times faster than a person can physically. The bots then buy the tags for the person.

BUT, the bots didn’t get every one of those 76 archery tags.

IMG_8638.jpeg

Last edited:
The files are IN the computer!
BUT, the bots didn’t get every one of those 76 archery tags.

View attachment 123098
nice bull man, I thought there weren’t any elk left in 76 the way guys were turning in tags haha

Can someone help out this nearly over the hill, computer challenged country bumpkin and explain to me how bots buy up all the tags? I have no clue what a bot is, but I highly doubt they are out hunting with the tags they buy. I am not trying to start something here, simply trying to educate myself a bit about the ways of 2023.
Like Jake H mentioned, a BOT is a computer program that is built to navigate the system 1000 times faster than any human could. People pay to have these programs made and then use them to get their tags for them. They also charge others large amounts to get tags for them. All of which is highly illegal especially when you are basically hacking a governments system.

Was just looking at todays list... I see 4 unit sixty six buck tags. I thought tags that took more than 5 or 6 points went to the next person on the list rather than the reissue pool?? perhaps they couldnt get any takers or the task of emailing people trying to redistribute the tags became too arduous? For the premium tags they shouldnt allow them to be returned. You had the balls to put in for it, eat your cake even if you dont want it anymore.

Was just looking at todays list... I see 4 unit sixty six buck tags. I thought tags that took more than 5 or 6 points went to the next person on the list rather than the reissue pool?? perhaps they couldnt get any takers or the task of emailing people trying to redistribute the tags became too arduous? For the premium tags they shouldnt allow them to be returned. You had the balls to put in for it, eat your cake even if you dont want it anymore.
Makes you wonder if the bot boys are turning tags in… then picking them up for nada. Going full conspiracy hat on this, but it wouldn’t surprise me too much…

I think the next five in line took some already and then maybe some didn't. I think they only go to the next five not the next nine in this case and that is the issue when a bunch in one unit are returned, should they go to 10 or longer?

I fail every week, can't get past the add to cart 4 weeks in a row now. But I'll be back next week.
Yup same here there was only one tag for the unit I was goin for but thought I might have a chance being season is about a week away… there’s always next week!

If the next 5 in line do not want the tag they go up on the list. I agree, they should make it a little harder to return tags but not impossible. Personal **** does happen out of our control.

Makes you wonder if the bot boys are turning tags in… then picking them up for nada. Going full conspiracy hat on this, but it wouldn’t surprise me too much…
I'm going to add to your conspiracy. Who's to say that the CPW isn't actually selling more tags than what they say they are? Take unit 61 for example. Quality and numbers seem to be down, and I've never seen so many hunters in there as I have this year. Bottom line is anything that's run by government and money is involved tends to lose my trust pretty quick.

I'm going to add to your conspiracy. Who's to say that the CPW isn't actually selling more tags than what they say they are? Take unit 61 for example. Quality and numbers seem to be down, and I've never seen so many hunters in there as I have this year. Bottom line is anything that's run by government and money is involved tends to lose my trust pretty quick.
Who is to say? I’ll say it, No the are not selling extra tag above the quota.

I'm not a computer whizz either but i have managed to get a few tags off the leftover system the last few years. But are they building bots with a high enough intelligence to make it through the bot trap? like the click on the stop lights, bicycles etc?

I'm not a computer whizz either but i have managed to get a few tags off the leftover system the last few years. But are they building bots with a high enough intelligence to make it through the bot trap? like the click on the stop lights, bicycles etc?
Couldn’t be that hard if you’re in that specialized line of work. I’d imagine 10-15k thrown at the right person could build/write a guy/guys a hell of a tag grabbing system. Probably just my keyboard warrior opinion though so don’t start slinging pissed off imojis my way. ?

and covid wasn't planned , the election is not rigged, and michelle obama is not a man...... :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
No kidding! Sometimes there's a lot to be said for good old fashioned common sense gut feelings. Or I guess a guy could just ride threw life being naive and believing everything Big Gov throws at you.

We went through this already…. Yeah they have stuff that can beat the capcha things

The tag game is pretty fun. I've enjoyed it. I would love if they went back to the random drop but this one has been good for me also. ORIONTHEHUNTER does pretty good it sounds like. $10,000 tag. Wow. I'll help someone for 10k. ?

Last edited:
The tag game is pretty fun. I've enjoyed it. I would love if they went back to the random drop but this one has been good for me also. ORIONTHEHUNTER does pretty good it sounds like. $10,000 tag. Wow. I'll help someone for 10k. ?
Go look at the sheep tag post. There’s a new story about the sheep tag and how it was bought

Sure would like to hear from some of those guys who picked up the 76 tags.
So zero 44 buck tags this year? Seems like the system works well on some units and not so well on others, like 76 elk. Not nearly as many tags overall this year as in year

Nothing too exciting
I thought the 79 Rifle tags were pretty exciting...had a couple buddies trying for those 2.

Interesting enough, I guess they were told the tags disappeared in the system before 11 (They were at a retailer). I guess the guy working the counter told them that on the REALLY good tags CPW employees will actually go in and release the tags early for themselves to grab. I guess they heard this right from the mouth of a CPW employee who had came in and was bragging about it. That's pretty sad if that's actually happening and even more stupid for them to be bragging about it.

I thought the 79 Rifle tags were pretty exciting...had a couple buddies trying for those 2.

Interesting enough, I guess they were told the tags disappeared in the system before 11 (They were at a retailer). I guess the guy working the counter told them that on the REALLY good tags CPW employees will actually go in and release the tags early for themselves to grab. I guess they heard this right from the mouth of a CPW employee who had came in and was bragging about it. That's pretty sad if that's actually happening and even more stupid for them to be bragging about it.
That's just not true.

Do a FOIA request and let us know.

Weird story but I promise you he made it up. The tags sold at 11:02. I promise you that! One of them already tagged out. He is 1000% wrong.
Well that is good to hear! I'm glad the CPW conspiracy theory isn't true...or even worse a "bot" customer. They guy selling them must have had a buddy trying haha. It's wild tags like that even end up on the list.

Just picked up a statewide govenors buck tag off the reissue list. Eat that Orion!

In all seriousness anybody in the know on any changes to the process for next year? I hope they keep it the same. Treated me pretty nice this past fall.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom