Let's go on a hypothetical hunt together

>It's not because you have too
>much hunting to do, jm77.
>

Yes it is, I am busy bagging internets. What's your charge to mount one? You've seemed to put all your assets into your work these days.

Often times it's those "oh, sh!t moments" that create the best of friends or the bitterest of enemies, huh eel. Glad that little incident was one that created a good memory.

They are too windy jm77, I could edit the hell out of them but I'm to lazy. Someone needs to add some adjectives and fill in the blanks for all the one line wonders.

It takes a damn intelligent man to make a point in five words or less. Know any?

DC

Can you see her? Her brain spatter dangling from the surrounding sage, bloody, motionless body -- shot and just left to rot?

Can you see her? I want you to picture that poor little cow.

Now imagine she's a wolf.

>That takes special crazy to get
>that from the last two
>sentences.

From the intelligence and logic you claim to have, you resort to an insult as an explanation?

I don't explain other people's thoughts. Especially thoughts that originate in the realm of stupid or insane.

You need to stay away from the sauce, elkfromabove.

Geezus.... a guy says one thing about handies and the next thing you know your thread gets nuked.

Holy gangus prostate. U r a P U S S Y....

You seriously sit around all day and just think of shat to say or you are legit mentally retarded. Calling you retarded tribaby is an insult to actual handicaps and persons with disabilities. U r a P U S S Y.

I bet I get a nice pm about this. As long as little girls like Tribaby are allowed to runamuk on this website stirring the pot i want nothing to do with it. I joined over 10 years ago and have watched little fat girls like him cum and go on this site. I wish u would just go big boy. Put your keeper away, pull up your little nappies and go. Stay gone.

I'd send this to you in a PM but I'd rather everyone see it. Maybe this thread will get nuked too. Boom!

>Often times it's those "oh, sh!t
>moments" that create the best
>of friends or the bitterest
>of enemies, huh eel.
>Glad that little incident was
>one that created a good
>memory.
>
>They are too windy jm77, I
>could edit the hell out
>of them but I'm to
>lazy. Someone needs to
>add some adjectives and fill
>in the blanks for all
>the one line wonders.
>
>It takes a damn intelligent man
>to make a point in
>five words or less.
>Know any?
>
>DC

Too windy? Not very good grammar either. Hey look Lump, everyone's opinion is worth something. I believe many don't read yours all the way through, like me. I could be wrong.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-17 AT 05:20AM (MST)[p]>I don't explain other people's thoughts.
> Especially thoughts that originate
>in the realm of stupid
>or insane.
>
>You need to stay away from
>the sauce, elkfromabove.

Great response. Another insult, but triple this time ("stupid" "insane" "stay away from the sauce"). We're making progress! Meanwhile, how about explaining YOUR thoughts, which is what I was hoping for. "He's probably going to have a blast righting (writing) up that ticket but so be it. If he wants to be an a55 and take the bull then lawyer up and fight him in court". Nary a word about taking the cow. If it isn't about the antlers, what is it?

It's about the intended target. The hunter aimed to kill the bull so that was the intended target. The hunter wants that. If he didn't he never would have pulled the trigger. A zealot game warden that takes the bull knows he is taking what someone else wanted. There is a certain segment of society that believe the best way to satisfy themselves is to damage someone else. If the warden belongs to that segment then he will take what he KNOWS YOU WANTED. You are behaving foolishly elkfromabove. Like I said, stay away from the sauce. It is effecting your thoughts.

Lumpy is a man of wisdom, well informed and willing to lend advise and volunteer to help his fellow sportsmen. If there were more that were civil and polite like him this would be a better site and experience for all.

It must be a little slow in the taxidermy shop.

>Sorry, but am I the only
>one who scrolls past Lumpy's
>novels?;)

No you are not. Novels no, one or two sentences yes. Some of his post are pure gold like when he said pigboy was brilliant. Still getting a chuckle out of that one.

Thanks 50. Never wise enough and never helpful enough.

jm77, Yup, too windy, bad grammer, repeat the same point over and over, leave out words, add words, leave the r off the your's so it reads you, transpose when with then, mispel words, end sentences with prepositions have to have the last word, passive aggressive, biased, a culture bigot, obese, petty, too lazy to proof read, paranoid, defensive, too name a few you have yet to mention.

You, on the other hand seem to be a pretty decent gentleman, over all.

Regarding my comments, I might suggest, that you simply irgnore my diatribes. Your assumptions are most certainly correct , a lot of others skip over them, I recommend you continue to follow suite. There, true to form, I said it twice......... in the same paragraph, no less.

Tri....... your freedom of speech seems to still be safe here.

DC

>You, on the other hand seem
>to be a pretty decent
>gentleman, over all.

I guess I'm not too bad for a guy who just took up hunting internets. Now, since Tri won't respond to my inquiries or give me a price, I just need to find someone who will mount one...

How was it taken illegally? The bull got shot first under a legal tag. He just didn't tip over first. Can you show me the legal line there? Wouldn't surprise me if the state bases those decisions strictly on which animal had the tag put on it.

For your information mom is really proud.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-17 AT 11:13PM (MST)[p]You said in your hypothetical that you "thought" (look up the meaning of thought, dummy) he was hit but aren't totally sure. Now you're saying, "the bull got shot first", which is matter of fact. Well which one is it dummy. Fact, the cow is dead and The bull is still on his feet walking away. No visible blood, no limping,nothing. The cow not so much. The idiot is coming out in you again. Your story not mine. Just make sure you get your story right before that over zealous GnF officer writes you two dumbazz a citation and takes what you want. Liars can never keep their stories straight. You're a fool.

It's what you know at the time, not afterwards. You know the cow is dead, period. No more shooting at the bull. Your sons hunt is done and over. If it was my son, I would feel bad he didn't kill his big bull. However, I would be proud as a father I taught my son to do the right thing. Our duty as parents is to teach our kids right from wrong. Try it sometime your son might respect afterall.

JM77 I will do the job for you. A bit spendy though. Half down and I will try to get it done before say 2050. Send me the down payment to my pay pal account so you know I'm legit. 2K down sounds about right. What do you think???? My work wont hold up to the Paunsy buck but it should do.

DZ

I don't know the cow is dead any more than I don't know the bull isn't hit.

One of my points in this is I train hunters to ALWAYS ASSUME YOU HAVE HIT YOUR TARGET and treat each scenario thusly. If you do I guarantee you will lose fewer animals.

Like most self-righteous people you assume there is no lesson in this and getting all internet tough is the best thing.

By the way I like how you look down your nose on a kid's moral upbringing against a father who is paying for his son to go to a Lutheran school.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-17 AT 08:27AM (MST)[p]> I don't know the cow
>is dead any more than
>I don't know the bull
>isn't hit.
>
>One of my points in this
>is I train hunters to
>ALWAYS ASSUME YOU HAVE HIT
>YOUR TARGET and treat each
>scenario thusly. If you
>do I guarantee you will
>lose fewer animals.
>
>Like most self-righteous people you assume
>there is no lesson in
>this and getting all internet
>tough is the best thing.
>
>
>By the way I like how
>you look down your nose
>on a kid's moral upbringing
>against a father who is
>paying for his son to
>go to a Lutheran school.
>

Self-righteous people? And you come up with that last sentence? Look in the mirror, Your Grace!

A cow's head explodes and it falls down behind the bull and you don't know it's dead? That's sure convenient to your story and your ultimate goal of taking home the bull.

BTW, the last time I was "on the sauce" was about 1965 when a couple of National Guard "buddies" spiked my breakfast orange juice with vodka. Two sips! So it's ok to lift up your head and stretch your neck a bit until you find someone else to look down on.

Boy elkfromabove you sure can say some dumb stuff. There is absolutely NOTHING self-righteous in the last sentence. Maybe you actually don't know what self-righteous means. In fact my family's devotion to Christianity is proof of not living a self-righteous lifestyle, not the opposite.

As for the cow's head exploding that isn't proof of death. I literally can not count the number of times I have seen a big game animal take a head shot, fall down, get up, and is never seen again.

By the way I don't look down upon you. I am pretty sure you have some pretty significant issues that you can't keep from spilling out of you all over these pages. I just point out that YOU KEEP MAKING YOUR PROBLEMS OUR PROBLEMS. You and groseventure have done your very bests to make this a personal issue. I have not. That is a fact. Once again lay of the sauce or whatever chemical is making you type the garbage you have been typing.

> I literally can not
>count the number of times
>I have seen a big
>game animal take a head
>shot, fall down, get up,
>and is never seen again.
>
Well you were educated in Texas, so counting is probably difficult for you.

>
>By the way I like how
>you look down your nose
>on a kid's moral upbringing
>against a father who is
>paying for his son to
>go to a Lutheran school.
>

Lutheran school? Where does this scenario say that?

>As for the cow's head exploding
>that isn't proof of death.
> I literally can not
>count the number of times
>I have seen a big
>game animal take a head
>shot, fall down, get up,
>and is never seen again.
>

You also didn't know if the Nebo ram in the picture you posted and had taken down was dead either.

You talk in circles man.

You still haven't said if this is an either sex tag or bull only. If it is bull only you can't punch your tag and put it on the cow any more than you could shoot an elk and punch your deer only tag. So maybe this guy already poached a cow but has a valid bull tag in his pocket. So maybe he should shoot the bull.

Hey TRI, you little tale you forgot a BUNCH. Why didn't the witness tell the "pro" I mean son? TRESSPASSING. I thought you were about private property, now you would support Tresspassing?

You forgot to mention how your "pro", son, was gonna dispose of the carcass, yet be worried about wasting meat?

Last, I read your drivel. Is there ever a case where you think poaching is poaching? EVER? Or is every case of someone you defend, killing an animal out of boundary, out of date, without a license, etc, just a "zealous game warden"?

You were really good at mouthing what everyone else said.

WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE? Come on, how would you have done it, and "come out clean"

Or are you just a Banty Rooster?

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

I would tell him not to shoot again. I would talk to him about what just happened and tell him what we are going to do. Then we walk down to the cow and put our tag on it (if that's legal to do in said state). Then we call the CO from the kill site if we have cell service and explain what just happened. As we wait for the CO to arrive we discuss further what just happened and I do my best not to make him feel bad or sad about the situation. Either way, at that exact moment we are still completely legal with what just happened. When the CO arrives I give him the play by play and leave it up to the CO with what the next step is going to be. I assume at that point the CO tracks the wounded bull and instructs us what to do if we come upon a wounded animal or a dead animal. Regardless of the COs decision at that point we respectfully thank him for the time and proceed to dress and fully harvest the cow.

Then I tell my son.... Lessons cost time and money, good one's cost lots. Life goes on and we both learn from the mistake. Done and done.

>>Sorry, but am I the only
>>one who scrolls past Lumpy's
>>novels?;)
>
>
>No you are not. Novels no,
>one or two sentences yes.
>Some of his post are
>pure gold like when he
>said pigboy was brilliant. Still
>getting a chuckle out of
>that one.

I quit reading his posts when he sent me a profanity-laced PM a few months back. There are a lot of gentlemen with which I disagree, but anybody who acts like that doesn't deserve my time.

Grizzly

The cows head exploding isn't proof of death. Ok well then how about you stating she's dead. Your words not mine. Did she come back to life. You can't even keep your story straight. Go back and read your own posts. Or better yet just go away.

:) and you earned every profane word Griz.

Seems like your still spending undeserved time thinking about it.

I've used worse language on the open forum than I used on you. Hell, damn, son of a b!tch, etc. I'm generally passive aggressive Griz, but with enough nonsense, you "can" bring out the less passive side.

Passive aggression looks back from your mirror too, huh Griz.

Verbally punching someone, repeatedly, (for weeks on end) will eventually generate a verbal response Griz. By your own admission, you were wanting to provoke a response.

If you get annoying enough, for long enough, you shouldn't be too surprised at the response you get.

Where you expecting a verbal kiss and a hug, for your passive aggressive harassment?

DC

Grizz, I would rather read DC's profanity laced comments than his poorly written nursery rhymes. By the way, what did you do to provoke DC's wrath? I thought he threw in the towel long ago and stopped caring about these issues?

In any event, the all time greatest post from DC was definitely the following: "I think Tristate is brilliant and I appreciate his participation." That statement alone is proof that DC's ramblings fall under the fiction category. But like a cheap comic book, it can still be entertaining at times. And for that reason, I hope that he continues his posting and story telling.

-Hawkeye-

There was written in the 1960's a short story by James Clavell. Here's the wiki summary of "The Children's Story".

-----------

The story takes place in an unnamed school classroom in the United States, in the aftermath of a war between the US and an unnamed country. It is implied that America has been defeated and occupied. The story opens with the previous teacher leaving the classroom, having been removed from her position and replaced with an agent of the foreign power. The new teacher has been trained in propaganda techniques, and is responsible for re-educating the children to be supportive of their occupiers. During the course of the story, the children are persuaded to abandon their religion and national loyalty. Framing the story is the fact that, while the children have ritually recited a 'Pledge of Allegiance' every morning, none know what it actually means. The teacher is relentlessly positive about the change, offering the children candy, songs and praise. When asked if the war was won or lost, she responds only that "we?won," implying that everyone would benefit from the conquest.

Only one student is initially hostile to the new teacher, a child named Johnny, whose father had been arrested and placed in a re-education camp. At first, he defends his father, but when he is rewarded by the teacher with a position of authority in the class, he quickly accepts the new regime and commits himself to not accepting "wrong thoughts."

Tristate,
Are you finished with this discussion?

Question,
What is the Lutheran policy on judging people? You seem to do a lot of it.

Guess I wouldn't have him shot the bull, but I would shoot the him. Immediately after I would call the warden and report myself; while we wait take care of both animals and Id have a long talk with the boy explaining all the whys; one of which would be mistakes happen, young hunters get too excited, especially when me, the mentor, didn't do my job before hand.

With the typos corrected:

Guess I wouldn't have him shoot the bull, but I would shoot it to put him down. Immediately after I would call the warden and report myself; while we wait take care of both animals and Id have a long talk with the boy explaining all the whys; one of which would be mistakes happen, young hunters get too excited, especially when me, the mentor, didn't do my job before hand.

And hope the warden was understanding; or at the very least I'd done the right thing as a father and a sportsman

"What is the Lutheran policy on judging people? "

I don't speak for the Lutheran church so you may want to ask them. I encourage you to find a Lutheran church and attend a couple of services and meat some nice people who judge just like you and me. I haven't seen anything or heard anything withing the church which told me I shouldn't use judgement. In fact most of the time I believe I am encouraged to do so but be ready to judge my own actions as well.

Back on task!

I vote that Yall Sr. should NOT let Yall Jr. shoot the bull. In fact, he shouldn't have let him take shots #1, #2, or #3, let alone #4.

The first-pick bull is down in a glade herding cows and chasing off smaller bulls. But everything is NOT perfect as stated because the light is fading fast, the bull is ON THE MOVE, DOWN in a GLADE where the light is already gone enough that a few minutes later, neither Yall Sr. nor Yall Jr. notice the cow behind the bull, nor do they know where the bullets went nor can they see blood. Additionally, they may have been within gun range, but not Yall Jr's shooting range as evidenced three shots later with a cow down and the bull still standing.

But, hey, the clock says it's still legal shooting time, so to He!! with the ethics of taking such risky shots. It appears to me that Yall Sr. adjusts his ethics to suit his
"wants". I wouldn't!

Go ahead and say it elkfromeabove. "I have never missed or wounded a big-game animal".

If you actually live like you type I guarantee YOU ARE NOT A HUNTER EITHER.

"Let's go on a hypothetical hunt together"

Let's not, oops, too late for some!

All issues depend on what the definition of is is

You guys are such easy marks!! These threads remind me of the movie "50 first dates"

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Says the guy that said he would never respond to me again. I guess some people's word ain't what it used to be, txhunter58.

>Says the guy that said he
>would never respond to me
>again. I guess some
>people's word ain't what it
>used to be, txhunter58.

this tristate weirdo is such a tool. amazing that he even has clients. after reading his posts i would never use him as a taxidermist. very unprofessional and very poor people skills. i have never seen one person who creates more controversy then this tristate tool

>Go ahead and say it elkfromeabove.
> "I have never missed
>or wounded a big-game animal".
>
>
>If you actually live like you
>type I guarantee YOU ARE
>NOT A HUNTER EITHER.

So, why would you encourage me to tell a lie? I thought you were devoted to Christianity. I do, however, learn from my mistakes.

Just because I prepare and take my time typing and review what I type in order to minimize errors before making a statement, and I live and hunt the same way, that means I'm not a hunter? How so?

I'm sorry that you didn't like my response, but if you only want responses you approve of, then you need to tell us from the beginning so that many of us don't waste our time trying to educate you.

Oh no elkfromabove I loved your response AND YOUR FOLLOW UP. From your responses the only conclusion I can come to is every time you missed or wounded an animal it was because of your lack of ethics. Thanks for sharing.

I hope you finally develop some solid ethics and take up hunting. :D

729683538480ddc54856a9a119f804c5777bbbirthdayboardbirthdaymemes.jpg

>Lee,
>Didn't you take a shot on
>a lope with your bow
>at the end of a
>night and end up gut
>shooting it?

Yes. It was the last day of the hunt, I was with my two grandsons and a friend who had a rifle tag for the next day and this was the only buck we saw all day. I guess I got too antsy. It was a few minutes before sunset and the lope was 15 yards in the open on the other side of a barbed wire fence and I shot it from an awkward position to miss the barbed wire. The arrow went too far back, but it clipped a lung, and I watched the animal go about 40 yards before it laid down. I figured it would expire there so I let it lay for another 15 minutes, but when I got close to it, he got up and went another 30/40 yards. This happened two more times, so we just decided to let him lie until morning.

I then called the CO to let him know we would search for him first thing the next morning and he met us at the site at sunrise and the CO was the one who actually found him dead 50 yards from where we left him. My main mistake was shooting from an awkward position in order to miss the wire, and shooting that late in the day compounded it. But light and distance weren't issues at the first (and only) shot.

Lesson learned, at least for me. How about you?

I like when elkfromabove has a hunt not go to plan it's because of "mistakes". If anyone else has a hunt go wrong it's because of "ethics". Credibility????? Who needs it? Right elkfromeabove????

>I like when elkfromabove has a
>hunt not go to plan
>it's because of "mistakes".
>If anyone else has a
>hunt go wrong it's because
>of "ethics". Credibility?????
>Who needs it? Right
>elkfromeabove????

You need to consider improving your reading and comprehensive skills. We're discussing ONE hypothetical hunt situation (not "anyone") that we can control from the beginning. And since Yall Jr. has a Utah tag, we know he (and probably Yall Sr.) have taken the Utah hunter safety course where they teach you to know your target and what's behind it. That, in fact, is one of the main items discussed and tested in those courses. And he also took a rifle proficiency test, so he knows or should know his effective range. So his "mistakes" were because he chose to disregard the those directives. I always know my target and what's behind it. If the animal is at the top of a hill and I don't know what's on the other side, he/she walks. And I also know my effective range, 35 yards with a bow and 250 yards with my most accurate rifle, and I stick to those ranges.

I also know full well that unforeseen things can happen on any hunt because they have happened to me (the animal "jumping" the string, expandable head that failed to open, a bow cam that broke, a small dead twig I didn't see, a root branch I bumped behind me while shooting from a fallen tree, an animal that just bled internally, a scope turned up so high that the animal filled the scope to the point I didn't know what I was looking at, but I learn something every time it happens and I make the necessary adjustments and pre-hunt inspections to minimize a repeat of the problem. And I always follow up. And I let my family and friends know what happened so they can make the necessary adjustment and don't have to make the same mistake.

Back to the hypothetical. You, or anyone else, can decide how you would handle it, but Yall Sr. and Yall Jr. don't actually exist, so it really doesn't matter what you or they do, does it? It's your story, so you can end it however you choose. You don't need our help or approval and we don't need yours.

>Face it elkfromabove, you know just
>enough of the truth to
>tell a bad lie.

So are you just going to keep being an a$$hat, or you gonna mount my record book internet?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom