Link to Utahs Shed Gatherig Permit?

bigbrink

I've been looking all over the home page of the Utah Division of Resources trying to find the shed test that people need to take. Does anyone have the link for me and I'm sure many others?

Her ya go!!

https://dwrapps.utah.gov/wex/dbconnection.jsp?examnbr=503836

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

I just completed the course, takes about 30 minutes tops.
Pay attention to the lessons, some questions have two part answers and you can't look back on what you read.

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

I was wondering if my 6 year old son need to have a certificate to hunt sheds with me. Couldn't find any info on who needs one. Anynoe know?

I can't believe you have to take a test to pick up sheds in Utah. I have never heard of that before. I took the test..failed. I guess I won't go to Utah to hunt sheds...I hope that it doesn't happen here.

Dude, the test lets you try again on the questions you missed until you get 100% and pass. It's purpose is not to keep people from shed hunting, it's to educate people. If a person doesn't pass the first time, it's obvious they need some education. (FWIW, I took it and missed one question the first time)

>Great ethics test isn't it? I
>learned so much from it.
>

I don't think this was as much to educate as it was to help enforce laws. At least that's what I hope. This way if they see some yahoo out running deer they have more ground to give out fines because either he doesn't have a certificate, or he is going against rules that he agreed to and signed. Just looking on the bright side....

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

Keep in mind, that after you get your "Antler Gathering Permit", you can easily forget all the things you learned in the course and start shed hunting the same way you've always done. As long as you have your "permit" with you, they can't touch you.

What a joke. This does nothing to help. In fact, it probably will entice more shed hunters to go out early instead of waiting. More people harrassing the wildlife.....great plan.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom