Lions!!!!

Cass

Very Active Member
Now, i know i don't post much on here anymore but i still read the site everyday . I am only posting this because it baffled me when i saw it. So last night me and my hunting partner were on our way back to camp. Iy was probably arpund 8:30 or so when this all went down. But as we were coming back to camp my buddy had gotten a little ahead of me because i fell back due to dust. So i'm just puttin along and as i come arpund the corner i see him standing on the seat of his quad waving his arms and he's screamin "lions lions!". At first i was like ya sweet i gotta lion tag lets kill him. So i pull up to him and i see 1 crossing the road. Now this is nevada, i'm used to seeing ya know maybe 1 or 2 every few years. But there was a lot more than 1 or 2. In the moments i sat there i watched 6 cross the road and travy was tellin me when he pulled up on them they were all in the middle of the road and he counted at least 8. So i'm really kinda worried. I got back to camp and left a message for the ely wildlife biologist but what do you guys think i should do. IMO this isnt good at all. It's a walkin pack of death. Now i know that sonetimes kittens will follow mom till a certain age, and i dont know that much about these things but im pretty sure the kittens wouldnt be 5 ft long still travelin with mom would they? Sorry if the spelling is a little off im posting this from my iphone

Yep i did it was full of te same snide, assnine commemts that are irrelevant to what im lookin for, help

What do you want help with? Shoot one and put your tag on it. I you want go get another tag and repeat. Get your friend to do the same. Fish and Game isn't going to run out there and kill lions.

I'm sure what you saw was young lions still with their mother. Maybe two sets. No big deal. Lions are out there all the time. You just happened to see them. They were there the day before, theyll be somewhere tomorrow. Just make sure they don't have still have spots before you kill them.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-11 AT 04:42PM (MST)[p]Relax and put one in the crosshairs!
That had to be a chilling sight no dought;could make sleeping a bit tough.
You could call a local houndsmen if your concerned.This same thing has been whitnessed in california(San Bernadino Mts)many times;i have seen photos of up to 5 to 8 cats in the middle of a foret service road just hanging out in the shade of a tree and some chasing one another in circles.If they know your around they will most likley move on.Be carefull;pay attension, and you should be just fine.Whitnessing what you did can play trcks on your emotions while out in the woods foresure,(It did me for sometime. Good Luck!
Always buy two tags!!

A .44 desert eagle is alwasys good to have around also!

Several years ago I saw 3 together and they all looked to be the same size. But I'm thinking that if I would have gotten closer and had the chance to really size them up, one of them would have been a little bigger and filled out more. Meaning one was Mom and the other two grown kittens. I'm guessing that you saw a couple of families. At any rate, its kinda cool to see them. fatrooster.

I would bust a cap but unless im mistaken you cant carry a firearm while you're bowhunting

You are correct;you cannot carry any type of firearm while you are hunting with a bow,seems odd but true.I hear that law will be challenged again in 2012,there are a few states that have managed to change that law in recent years;pertaining to sidearms only.Seems ludicrious that a law abiding citizen cannot carry a licensed sidearm while bowhunting,i have seen people open carry on the streets of lost wages.
A good question would be:can you carry concelled with a ccw permit, while bow hunting?I dont know but tomorrow i will investigate that.Self preservation Ya know.2nd amendment,god given right, chuck tatorship! Be Safe !

Cass, give me a call.I know lots of houndsmen around nevada.Maybe I can help you out. i'll Pm you my cell #

I'm callin BBUULLSSHHIITT!!!!!!

How many times did the 2 or 3 Cats,1 Female & 1 or 2 Kittens cross back & forth across the Road in front of you Guys?

And then to Top it all off,everybody in the New Millenium thinks a 5'er is a GIRANT!

We need more Info c'ASS!

At least 8 all in one Gang Bang Huh?

So you're gonna call the NDOW,what you want em to do,kill em all?

You sure there wasn't a Peace pipe Involved?

Them Nevada Lions must have way more Kittens than they do in TARDville!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Well there you go Cass. If BT aka Kuntakinteah saw the same thing it must of been that ghost pride known to stalk the last living heard of Zebra in Nevada. F'n BLM wants to protect them.

You & Ben ought to hook up & share a peace pipe. Never know what you'll see.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

This has become a perfect example of why i never post on this site anymore. Thanks for the help. Talk to you all in another 2 years

I don't know why no one ever believes you Cass....Hmmmmm

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

c'ASS!

I said:

We need more Info?

In my younger Day of playin with the Mountain Lion for 20 years I never witnessed anymore than 3 Lions in one Pile!

There were times We looked at Tracks in the Snow where there were a Female Lion with kittens,many times knowing there had to be 2 kittens with the Female,sometimes wondering if there mighta been 3 kittens,easily could have been 3 kittens with some of them,but We never messed with Females with kittens much(Unlike the way they are hunted today!)We could always move on to find a Tom Track,didn't really wanna see a kitten get STRETCHED!

But I can honestly say I've never seen 8 Lions in one pile ever in my life,and I've never seen tracks in the snow where I figured there was 8 Lions traveling together in a Pack!

Think about it just a little!

I'll GUARAN-DAMN-TEE you if there ever was 8 Lions in one Pile you'd have one Hell of a Fight going on between the Big Cats!

There are several reasons why there wouldn't be 8 Lions all in one Pile c'ASS!

Did you Guys get any Footage of this c'ASS?

Come on Bess, if benthompson has seen it before then it must be true, right? LOL

OK c'ASS!

I figured my first Reply would Stir you up!

But all We got was:"This is a perfect example of why I don't post anymore,see you in two years"!

c'ASS?

Did I ever Tell you about the we had a Dozen Lions in one pile?

This was back in the Day!

Figured if I RAZZED Ya,You'd get all Pissy!

It happens c'ASS,even though I've never seen 8 in the middle of the Road,I did see a Dozen once!

They were a Deadly Dozen too!

Gonna Post a Link here:

http://www.findmeahunt.com/blog/tag/mountain-lion/

7 or so in this Pile!

3704cat.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-11 AT 07:12PM (MST)[p]"I saw an elephant in my pajamas once...."

No Sh1t!!

Not me, but I did see ones trunk hanging outta mine once.

Wonder how long Manny will hold out this time? I think two years is a streach.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

I got an email a while back showing some trail cam pictures of I think 9+ lions all together eating off of one dead cow. So if it happened in that place why couldn't it happen here in Nevada.

"Elk dont know how many feet a horse had" - Bear Claw

Well im back. I watched the canyon i've hunted for 10+ years completely vanish over the period of the week. Bow's stayin home, dog's going up. Got 1 on the game camera, kitties die this weekend.

-Cass

M0006901.jpg

M0006902.jpg

M0006903.jpg

Don't know exactly what they're doing up there but even the cattle bumped off the mountain. This was the size of the little ones runnin with the group. I have no idea how old or big they are or what not. Believe me or not bess i don't really care. All i know is when i see a lion the last thing i plan on shooting him with is a camera. Scrutinize me as you may. I know what i saw, i know my rep on this site. Ya i was a dumb kid but i haven't got the time now adays being 26 to make ##### up anymore.

-Cass

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-11 AT 10:16PM (MST)[p]SHOOT ME A PM IF YOU NEED A HAND,I HAVE TWO TAGS,4X4 TRUCK AND CAMPER THAT WILL GO WHERE MOST WONT DARE.READY TO GO,JUST ADD ICE, FOOD AND GEAR.
LONG RANGE SYSTEM AND CALLS ALL READY PACKED !

That looks like a bobcat to me. My cuz have treed a female and 4 kittens before.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-11 AT 07:19PM (MST)[p]Easy c'ASS!

It'd been so long since I'd heard from you I thought I'd try & STIRR You a bit!

(((Read my other Posts c'ASS!)))

I honestly think when you get that Lion caught in your Pic's you're in for a Surprise there c'ASS!

And what I mean by a Surprise is:A decent Pack of Hounds will stretch a Cat of that Size!

Just wondering if it's legal in Nevada to Stretch Kittens?

There's also a Guy on KSL selling a full mount Lion!

Don't believe me?

Check it out for yourself!

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=17039112&cat=542&lpid=&search=

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom