LO Tag swap

fishfurlife

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-15 AT 11:53AM (MST)[p]I know this is a long shot but thought I would try. I have a unit 34 Muzzle loader/rifle tag in hand. It is from my families ranch. It is unit wide. I had a deal worked out with a man to swap for a unit 34 archery tag. That deal fell through for lack of better words.

I am an archery hunter at heart. I know it is late, but I am looking to trade this tag for an archery tag. Any leads or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Typically the Muzzy season is more in line with the rut...hunt with bow during Muzz? I surely would.

Carl

Keep your eye on Craigslist and keep posting on sites like this. Every year there are guys who at the last minute can't make a hun and need to sell. You might have to buy the archery tag authorization outright but since the tag you have is a Rifle tag, you will have time to sell yours. Do you have to hunt 34? If you do, that certainly lowers your options. However, sometimes archery tags go for less $ in late August and even early September. Worst case scenario, you rifle hunt in 34.

I'll be hunting in the rut with a mz3rd week in Oct. in the Gila area. They were bugling into Nov. last year. Don't see much difference in 34,cept it is not in Sept. ...
Good Luck.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-15 AT 07:50PM (MST)[p]I am wanting to hunt in 34 and the good news is that I do have a tag in hand then I will muzzle loader hunt if I don't find something. So it really isn't a horrible thing for me. If I find a tag then it will be great. If I don't, then I will just go hunt!

I have posted on a few different sites, called a few different guides that had access to LO tags and talked to a few brokers. Talked with some really nice guys and talked to a few duds. Was offered up an archery tag to buy but the man was far to proud of his tag(in my opinion) if anybody is looking for an archery tag and is willing to pay nearly $7k, then hit me up and I can give you a contact.

I appreciate the feedback here and for the time being, I am still looking!

This might sound silly but what about asking NMGF to trade tags?
Killing an elk with muzzy easier than bow!

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom