Locked whitetails mount

nmtaxi

Very Active Member
I finished these up a couple of nights ago. I put a ton of hours into these, altering and re-sculpting the forms. Hope y'all like them (even though they're whities).
DSCN03462.jpg

DSCN03532.jpg

These were for a customer. They were locked up when he killed them (the one on the left was already dead), and they've never been unlocked. It made for quite a challenge. I had to mount the one on the right first, with the other antler still locked on. Then I put the hide on the other one, tucked the eyes, lips and nose, the attached the skull plate to the form and sewed it. It made for some very late nights.
I personally would have done them as pedestals with a habitat, but the customer wanted them on the wall, and didn't want to pay the $$$ for the habitat. So, I did the best I could within those permeters.

Regardless of them being whities that is a GREAT looking mount! I'd be proud to have it hanging in my house.

AntlerQuest Hunt Consulting

Beautiful! You did good, I can't imagine how difficult it was to mount those two without unlocking them.
Thanks for showing us.

Lien2

NMTAXI

now i know how my wife's oryx coming out, she will be so excite! after the AWESOME mount u did! with the whitetail! wow! can't believe how hard it was to mount both with locked!!

was it killed here in NM? or where?

u did excellent job! :)

vinihunt

Awesome, they look great. How much $$ are we talking, how much more for a pedestal? I'm still not completely sure what to do with my locked set.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-05 AT 09:24AM (MST)[p]For this mount, it's $450 per deer + $50 for the open mouth, and $50 for the plaque. Both of these deer needed new capes, so it was another $200 for that. So, $1200 dollars. For pedestals and basic habitat, it would be $1300. Add to that if you need capes and antler restoration.
Vini, these deer were killed in western Kansas, that's also where the hunter lives. When he picks these up, he's going to drop off a booner he arrowed this year. There are some big boys up there. I think I'm going to try to pull a tag for that area.

What if the pedestal and habitat were provided, but with capes and some antler restoration? $1150 or so? Thats what I want to have done with mine, but at the moment I think they're gonna be a european on a pedestal due to $.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom