Logan SFW banquet

huntin50

Very Active Member
I know we have some anti SFW monster muley members. I don't agree with some of the things they have done in the past. I don't know of a perfect organization.
We had another successful banquet.
1. 650 people attended, with about 100 kids. Every kid got a prize. Most of them got a BB gun, bow, or fishing pole. Getting kids excited about the out doors instead of video games!
2. DWR biologist attended and are working with sportsmen. They see the passion in men, women, and kids attending.
3. Sportsmen who want to help, are feeding deer, many are SFW committee members.
4. Coyote and predator control is helping, especially with these heavy snow conditions. One sheep rancher has seen the benefit of working with sportsmen on predator control, and donated coyote hunts from his helicopter.
5. We usually try to help a veteran or needed kid with a hunt. It is great to see the smiles on their faces. We can always find someone that could use a little help.
6. We netted 45K without conservation tags. 37K Cache Moose, I think 17K for south Cache elk, and about 15K for Crawford muzzle deer.
7. We sold or people won over 100 guns!
8. The flag, with bagg pipes, prior to a great young lady singing our National Anthem! 9. A blessing on the food, asking protection for those who are fighting for our freedoms, and our continue support to protect our families.

I even got to visit with Founder, his wife and boy who came with friends.

It was a great night to hangout with family and friends.
Thanks to the generous donors.

Thanks, Greg for all that you do. I really enjoyed it and it was one of the better banquets that I have attended.
My sons brought their girlfriends to the banquet. Two of them have never been hunting and have only been fishing once in their lives and that was when my sons took them for the first time.
They really enjoyed it and I believe they will become interested in the outdoors.

My Nephew and his parents are sure appreciative of all the good that you guys have done. Unfortunately, he was not feeling well and had to leave early. The banquet is one of the few things that he can do and he really looks forward to it, every year.

I know you spend countless volunteer hours working for Sportsman, thank you.

Thanks, Greg for all that you do. I really enjoyed it and it was one of the better banquets that I have attended.
My sons brought their girlfriends to the banquet. Two of them have never been hunting and have only been fishing once in their lives and that was when my sons took them for the first time.
They really enjoyed it and I believe they will become interested in the outdoors.

My Nephew and his parents are sure appreciative of all the good that you guys have done. Unfortunately, he was not feeling well and had to leave early. The banquet is one of the few things that he can do and he really looks forward to it, every year.

I know you spend countless volunteer hours working for Sportsman, thank you.
Did Ronnie get information for another Helicopter ride before he left?
Thanks

I believe that his dad did. He told me he had been talking to them about it. He was very nervous about the first ride he did this past summer but ended up loving it, and really enjoyed it. Everyone was so good to him and it is much appreciated by our family!

I know we have some anti SFW monster muley members. I don't agree with some of the things they have done in the past. I don't know of a perfect organization.
We had another successful banquet.
1. 650 people attended, with about 100 kids. Every kid got a prize. Most of them got a BB gun, bow, or fishing pole. Getting kids excited about the out doors instead of video games!
2. DWR biologist attended and are working with sportsmen. They see the passion in men, women, and kids attending.
3. Sportsmen who want to help, are feeding deer, many are SFW committee members.
4. Coyote and predator control is helping, especially with these heavy snow conditions. One sheep rancher has seen the benefit of working with sportsmen on predator control, and donated coyote hunts from his helicopter.
5. We usually try to help a veteran or needed kid with a hunt. It is great to see the smiles on their faces. We can always find someone that could use a little help.
6. We netted 45K without conservation tags. 37K Cache Moose, I think 17K for south Cache elk, and about 15K for Crawford muzzle deer.
7. We sold or people won over 100 guns!
8. The flag, with bagg pipes, prior to a great young lady singing our National Anthem! 9. A blessing on the food, asking protection for those who are fighting for our freedoms, and our continue support to protect our families.

I even got to visit with Founder, his wife and boy who came with friends.

It was a great night to hangout with family and friends.
Thanks to the generous donors.
LOVE #9, well done.
Sadly, Too many people have forgotten where it all comes from.

I think there were 3 at that banquet. That's what Greg posted in the OP. Most banquets are about the same. They make for a fun addition to the banquet.
It's interesting to see these tags go for ridiculous amounts of money. That's one thing SFW has managed to do, is get maximum amounts of money for these tags. It really is crazy to see a Crawford Mtn. tag go for $15k. But that 1% of our population has way, way, way, way more money than they'll ever really need. They do get a lot more stuff than the rest of us.

There was a Cache Rich lope tag as well. I think it went for around 2k.
busy with work, shoveling snow and feeding deer.
This post was just some highlights of the banquet. Some like them and some don’t. That is fine.
I know after working with DWR and conservation groups for 30 years, we are working better together for the resources so we can continue to hunt. That is good news.

This is a hard winter for sure On deer, antelope, and elk.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom