Looking for a Buffle Head in Utah

fullcry

I am looking to find a Buffle Head Duck in Utah.
Not much of a duck hunter, but i would like to shoot one and get it mounted.They look pretty cool and I want one.If anyone knows were I can find one you can PM me.
I would even concider a guided duck hunt for a day if that is a option...I live in Northern Utah but have gun, will travel...

Any of the WMA's like farmington or Ogden bay will have a few of the divers flying around. Set out a few deks just off a large body of water and a lot of divers will come in and check you out. There are plenty of divers in now on the large bodies of water.

Best of luck, if you need more help or want to go out let me know. Last weekend we pounded some buffle heads, and got a barrows to boot!

Tallbuck1

Man, I got a few stunningly beautiful males on my last trip to the daughter's place in Nebraska. They are a pretty duck and a blast to shoot when they come scooting past at mach IV.
That might be a little far to travel if that's your only quarry.
Zeke

There are thousands of them on Morro Bay in California. I purposely don't shoot them because there's so many of them and that's all you'd be doing if you hunt them...retrieve them. Plus they have about a tablespoon of meat on each bird.

Haven't been down for a few years but I use to shoot and see quite a few Buffleheads down on Otter Creek.

I am working very long days until the day after Christmas
Then I will do what ever it takes to get one...
Dont have decoys or really even know were to go on the big marshes...
So I will try to hook up with some one to go..
I pay my own way.LOL

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom