Looking for some turkey info.

BowHuntr

I'm from Utah and bought an unlimited turkey license. Hunted near Dove Creek this past weekend and didnt have much luck at all. It seemed to me that the breeding cycle was done and over with.I tried to call a speak to a biologist and see if I could get an idea on a better location, but was informed that any area in the SW is good and none was better than another.

I was referred to the Uncompaghre plateau by a mm member, but not really any place in particular. As I am not familiar with the area I wouldn't even know where to start. I would just like to get into some birds, not looking for any secret spots.

Thx

BowHuntr

I've been out for two weekends on the plateau. We got into some birds opening weekend but could not get them to come in. There really wasn't much sign. I think the birds have moved higher up, earlier than normal. There is a road (90?) that runs between Nucla and Montrose that would put you in some prime habitat. It's suitable for car travel and should be open the whole way. I'm not familiar enough with the area to be any more specific. With a good Forest Service map you should be able to find a few spots to try.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom