Looking to relocate?

2lumpy

Long Time Member
Passing on some worthwhile information if you’re considering a move in 2024.

The top 10 states (and Washington, D.C.) with the most inbound moves in 2023:​

1. Vermont
  2. Washington, D.C.
  3. South Carolina
  4. Arkansas
  5. Rhode Island
  6. North Carolina
  7. South Dakota
  8. Alabama
  9. New Mexico
  10. West Virginia.

So, my guess is you are implying that states like Utah would be a great place to move to because the states listed above are getting crowded.
Right?

So, my guess is you are implying that states like Utah would be a great place to move to because the states listed above are getting crowded.
Right?
not exactly. People tend to go places they like………. not places they don’t like.

Example: People like places that are friendly, people don’t like radicals.

People like pretty lakes and rivers, people don’t like dirt, dust, juniper and mahogany forests.

People like gasoline closer to $2.00 a gallon than they like gasoline closer to $4.00 gallon.

People tend to avoid road rage, they don’t typically try to create it.

Just to help clarify the facts for ya.

Passing on some worthwhile information if you’re considering a move in 2024.

The top 10 states (and Washington, D.C.) with the most inbound moves in 2023:​

1. Vermont
  2. Washington, D.C.
  3. South Carolina
  4. Arkansas
  5. Rhode Island
  6. North Carolina
  7. South Dakota
  8. Alabama
  9. New Mexico
  10. West Virginia.
I believe that list excluding 2 and 9.....

Looking at that list, I would say that cost is a deciding factor. Land in Vermont is full of rocks and as cheap as it comes. Poor soil and little industry. The amazing thing to me is how valuable good farmland has become. I never thought I would see prices in excess of $5000 per acre for corn soil, let alone alfalfa or grass.

Last edited:
I didn’t make the head count or compile the list…….. I’m just a friendly voice passing along critical information, as we approach the summer relocation season.

Glad my state ain't on the list. Doesn't seem to be stopping people though. mtmuley
You’re not working hard enough then.

It takes honesty, integrity and a gentle caring person to be an effective influencer.

I offer online, one on one, courses on how it’s done, mt.

I have two openings for enrollment, 2024. One on the 16th of October and the other on the 3rd of November. They both run for 10 days.

1000% agree.....NM grabbed my attention right away and thought 2lumpy must be back on the dust.

2lumpy probably lives in one of the better locations as far as I am concerned.

Surprised not seeing Texas, Idaho, Arizona and Washington on the list.

You’re not working hard enough then.

It takes honesty, integrity and a gentle caring person to be an effective influencer.

I offer online, one on one, courses on how it’s done, mt.

I have two openings for enrollment, 2024. One on the 16th of October and the other on the 3rd of November. They both run for 10 days.
Nah. As a disgruntled Montana native I'll pass. Thanks though. mtmuley

1000% agree.....NM grabbed my attention right away and thought 2lumpy must be back on the dust.

Sweet Jeezus Wisz....you are giving away Lumpy's motives....

I’m assuming these numbers don’t include the “undocumented “ folks. That makes the list worthless.

Except for DC, which is being driven by the uncontrollable spread of democrats and lawyers. It’s probably #🖕🏾

I’m assuming these numbers don’t include the “undocumented “ folks. That makes the list worthless.

Except for DC, which is being driven by the uncontrollable spread of democrats and lawyers. It’s probably #🖕🏾
It’s #✌🏻now but likely seeking #🖕🏿 I support that.

Washington along with Oregon is becoming "Little California" with liberals running the state government.
RELH

Folks, this is a survey from ONE company, "United Van Lines' annual National Movers Study, which tracks the company's data for migration patterns" so I would not use it as total fact. It seems to contradict data from the US Census. Wouldn't more accurate data be taken from the states themselves

Heading east out of Wendover, NV my blood pressure rises to dangerous levels for some reason. It's like Mario Cart on steroids.
Thanks for your contribution eel. It’s times like this I miss sageadvice the most. His advice on Utah was outstanding and it wasn’t hearsay either, it was the many horror stories he experienced personally.

Anyone considering relocating to Utah needs to research sageadvice’s old posts about his time spent here. And, he never changed a word of it, including right through his passing to the Great Beyond. How can anyone doubt that kind of testimony.

Ignore these cautions at your own peril folks.

Thanks for your contribution eel. It’s times like this I miss sageadvice the most. His advice on Utah was outstanding and it wasn’t hearsay either, it was the many horror stories he experienced personally.

Anyone considering relocating to Utah needs to research sageadvice’s old posts about his time spent here. And, he never changed a word of it, including right through his passing to the Great Beyond. How can anyone doubt that kind of testimony.

Ignore these cautions at your own peril folks.
So, here's what I am gathering....Utah is crap! United Van Lines surveys are the bible of surveys. LOL.

Oh...and Joey couldn't stand Mormons. Lets pour it on. LOL

People are flooding into our Boise area in record #s, and most are CA, the OR and Wash. A lot are solid conservatives getting away from democrap areas. Have met quite a few pro gun, Republican folks just trying to enjoy a few more years before or economy and society collapses.

There are so many U-Hauls coming here, there is a glut. Dealers are sometimes giving 50% discounts for one way rentals out of the area. One of the busiest places to go is the drivers license and plate offices. 2-3 hour waits are not uncommon, as people rush to get rid of out of state identification!!!

So, here's what I am gathering....Utah is crap! United Van Lines surveys are the bible of surveys. LOL.

Oh...and Joey couldn't stand Mormons. Lets pour it on. LOL
Well……. It’s sort of a combination of reports from all sorts of contributors. Some from numerous different individuals from different walks of life, some from Government surveillance reports, some from Science studies, newspaper, television broadcasts, etc.

As you may have noticed, the updates I provide are never my own opinions or reports, I’m extremely careful about that. Reviewing my reports here on MM for the last 8 or 10 years….. when I began to share these reports and comments are from a wide variety of sources. I never focus on any one or two Utah negative issues.

I don’t focus on Mormons, I don’t focus on road rage, I don’t focus on business scams, I don’t focus on hunting or hunters, I don’t focus on rude behavior, I don’t focus on greedy, stupidly, bias, closed mindedness, naivety, I don’t focus on poachers, I don’t focus on Outfitter/Guides, I don’t focus on the price of real estate, alcohol, fuel, etc. etc.

I’m not exaggerating or misrepresenting any issue now, nor in the pass.

I’ve never said there are not some good things here……. but others have.

If you are thinking I’m dishonest or misrepresenting anything I’ve posted, share it and if you’re right, I’ll apologize and post a retraction.

There are lots of great places to relocate to. Nothing to see here, best keep on going.

As I said, ignore at your own peril. Just saying.

Remote Alaska seems like a viable option, especially for young people. It depends on your definition of a quality life. If being surrounded by DRATs is a priority, then you're better off in the lower 48. It matters very little what the name of the state is because they are all merging into one slowly but surely.

People like pretty lakes and rivers, people don’t like dirt, dust, juniper and mahogany forests.

Found my spot 25 years ago. Setting by the fire as I type in the living room, looking out across the frozen lake at a few Mulies looking for a spot to bed in the cedars and Junipers.

040D8DF2-B048-489B-A31A-81309C377313.jpeg

Remote Alaska seems like a viable option, especially for young people. It depends on your definition of a quality life. If being surrounded by DRATs is a priority, then you're better off in the lower 48. It matters very little what the name of the state is because they are all merging into one slowly but surely.
Also……. If you check back over the years, you will find I never suggest people move on to Alaska…….

Just saying…….. no……. It’s not because of the wolf or the griz……

People are flooding into our Boise area in record #s, and most are CA, the OR and Wash. A lot are solid conservatives getting away from democrap areas. Have met quite a few pro gun, Republican folks just trying to enjoy a few more years before or economy and society collapses.

There are so many U-Hauls coming here, there is a glut. Dealers are sometimes giving 50% discounts for one way rentals out of the area. One of the busiest places to go is the drivers license and plate offices. 2-3 hour waits are not uncommon, as people rush to get rid of out of state identification!!!
Idaho is an amazing State. Like three States in one. Perfect for everyone. Thanks Chef Blank.

2Lumpy- The past year or 2 I have made it a point to NOT focus on anything that does not directly effect me and my livelihood. For example, there have been times where others get upset or stressed where I should be doing the same. I don't anymore because I can't change others and the stupid sh!t that they do. I live with much less stress now-a-days. I wish I could move out of California but I can't so when the issues of unsecured property taxes and Measures and Bonds on the ballot, I try to ignore things like that because in the grand scheme of things, they are not making me do one thing that I don't want to do. The older I get, the more I realize I need to be happy and enjoy life rather than try to change the things I cannot control.

2Lumpy- The past year or 2 I have made it a point to NOT focus on anything that does not directly affect me and my livelihood. For example, there have been times where others get upset or stressed where I should be doing the same. I don't anymore because I can't change others and the stupid sh!t that they do. I live with much less stress now-a-days. I wish I could move out of California but I can't so when the issues of unsecured property taxes and Measures and Bonds on the ballot, I try to ignore things like that because in the grand scheme of things, they are not making me do one thing that I don't want to do. The older I get, the more I realize I need to be happy and enjoy life rather than try to change the things I cannot control.
And from what I’ve seen, your logic has work nearly perfect for you and your family. I hope more folks will read your post and follow your example. Certainly the last thing I want others to do is make a terrible mistake by moving here. Does that make sense?

There is nothing sadder than uprooting the family and going to the massive expense of moving someplace that you end up despising. In the 48 years I’ve lived here, I have known way too many folks that have moved here and started pushing to change things in Utah to be like what they moved away from and when hated it when the folks in their new neighborhood resisted their requests/demands, of their frustrations with the climate, the dry atmosphere, the politics, the schools, the laws, the culture etc etc.

If more folks would do what you’ve done, for whatever reason they have, be it work, school, family, politics, ideology etc etc. they would be more happy and more satisfied. Don’t you agree?

The grass is usually not greener on the other side of the fence. Switching from clover to cheat grass or via versa usually doesn’t work.

For example, there is an female Instagram influencer who moved her family here a year ago and she now makes a living posting all the stupid things she is learning about Utah, it’s people, places, and things. It’s none stop, multiple daily posts. All I’m doing is letting folks know before they make a costly mistake.

Thanks for helping provide a platform for me to let folks know.

We lived in the Idaho Falls area for the last 50 years. Love the economy, town, area in general , job opportunity I was provided, and amazing hunting and fishing. I would never try to steer people away from it.

People are the problem, and tend to be people, no matter where you go. Tho we are non Mormon, never had a problem with them in any way. I drink, they don't - more booze for me, and as long as the State has liquor stores, I'm good. If you don't like em, don't hang with them. Same goes for Dems, liberals, illegals, LGTBQ odd ones.

After 8 years of retirement, we moved. To the Boise area and Treasure valley, of all places!!! Just couldn't stand the winters and snow shoveling anymore. With 15 kids, grands, great-grands, and other family on the West side it made no sense to stay in eastern Idaho.

The answer, move. I hate Boise, traffic, people, 800K people in 3 cities and 200 square miles. The process is easy once you decide that close doesn't have to be bad. We bought a great house in a nice neighborhood, one mile from the lake and wildlife refuge, five miles from the dump, eight miles from an amazing county funded and run public shooting range!! I will die in 10-15 years and never regret the move. If I don't like stuff, I just won't do it!! :)

Sounds Like There's Alot Of Mormons You Haven't Met Yet!:D

So Blank?

Where'd You Move To On The Last Move?

We lived in the Idaho Falls area for the last 50 years. Love the economy, town, area in general , job opportunity I was provided, and amazing hunting and fishing. I would never try to steer people away from it.

People are the problem, and tend to be people, no matter where you go. Tho we are non Mormon, never had a problem with them in any way. I drink, they don't - more booze for me, and as long as the State has liquor stores, I'm good. If you don't like em, don't hang with them. Same goes for Dems, liberals, illegals, LGTBQ odd ones.

After 8 years of retirement, we moved. To the Boise area and Treasure valley, of all places!!! Just couldn't stand the winters and snow shoveling anymore. With 15 kids, grands, great-grands, and other family on the West side it made no sense to stay in eastern Idaho.

The answer, move. I hate Boise, traffic, people, 800K people in 3 cities and 200 square miles. The process is easy once you decide that close doesn't have to be bad. We bought a great house in a nice neighborhood, one mile from the lake and wildlife refuge, five miles from the dump, eight miles from an amazing county funded and run public shooting range!! I will die in 10-15 years and never regret the move. If I don't like stuff, I just won't do it!! :)

Moved to SW Nampa, right by Lake Lowell. You have to go south or west, so the stink of the sugar factory goes the other way!!! Now I have to learn the entire Owyhee desert area to hunt again. :)

You realize TX has a whole bunch of Texans living there right?

ElkAss. I guess, there could be worse things. I was here in Idaho for that whole thing. Classic case of a man just wanting to be left alone. Louis L'Amour would have written him up as a "bad man, and someone to steer clear off, back in the day. Read OUTLAW, or Give a Boy a Gun sometime.

I Get It!

Check Your PM Blank!

ElkAss. I guess, there could be worse things. I was here in Idaho for that whole thing. Classic case of a man just wanting to be left alone. Louis L'Amour would have written him up as a "bad man, and someone to steer clear off, back in the day. Read OUTLAW, or Give a Boy a Gun sometime.

There are different lists out there. Tis one has got to be % of population. Because Maricopa County has been getting 150,000 a year since 2017. You know Vermont aint got that many people. And thats not even all of Arizona. After 45 years in arizona I moved to South Carolina 21 Months ago. Its groing but nothing like Phoenix. Its way cheaper down here Housing is half the cost. About 10 Degrees colder on average. Lots a rain. I miss everyday being Sunny . No Professional Sports teams. Its SEC country I hate that. Never lived in a Collage town . only 800,000 here in the Columbia area. Cheap living If anyone wants to moved SE. Still going west to hunt every year.......................BULL!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom