Los Angeles Firearms Insurance

I've received an insurance policy email before that was somehow aligned with NRA. Think it was a liability policy of some sort. I'll save if I get it again.
NRA does advertise a policy for defense of ccw holders after a lawful shooting...

They are following the example of San Jose, CA. that the city council voted in to require gun owners to have liability insurance and to registered their guns with the city. For a fee of course.
The CA. Rifle and Pistol Assc., with backing from the NRA have filed a law suit against San Jose for violation of constitutional rights. Pending decision by the courts.
Most insurance companies offer a liability coverage on home owners policy. I had one for $100,000.00 since I had a attack trained K-9 dog. You can bet if they get away with this, the insurance companies would use the excuse to jack up the rates for gun ownership liability. Heck the damn insurance companies will probably support it thinking of the money they will make from home owners.
RELH

When I hunted on a private ranch, we had to be NRA members because the ranch owner had insurance through the NRA. I never knew the details of the policy, but accidental shootings was covered. Maybe all NRA members have that?

The NRA did offer, maybe still does, several forms of insurance coverage though insurance companies that they had an agreement with to supply insurance to NRA members.

RELH

Our trap club had a very reasonable liability policy through the NRA (Can’t remember the underwriter). One of the requirements was that 50% of the club members had to also be NRA members.

That was 15 years ago, I don’t know if they still provide them or not.

I was a Treasurer and Board Member of a local Gun Club for over 30 years thru 2017. I was involved in maintaining the policies for the club. We had liability policies with coverage up to 5 Million. There was also a NRA policy. It started with 1 million years ago and increased as time passed. Had over 700 members and all members had to be a Member of the NRA to have their policy. In todays world, you just never know. We did have a few stray bullets exit the high power range twice. Don't know how they got past the back stops and the 100' or so high hillside behind them. :unsure:

Last edited:
The ad states:
Lawful Personal Defense
• Hunting and Shooting Accidents
• Accidental Discharge
• Liability associated with Lost or Stolen Firearms

Plus, with a policy limit of $1M,
coverage costs only $175 per year*. *Before applicable taxes and/or fees.

Really stupid question:

Will a Living Trust protect a homeowner from a firearms law suit?

Not asking for a friend……

Don't know about that, but when a cop we were told it would be best to "Homestead" our homes with the county recorder to protect losing the home due to a lawsuit.

I’m sure if there was a loophole, the Trust would be required to buy the policy, no?
That makes sense. I’m not a Trust expert my any means but I’ve never heard anyone say their Trust had to purchase anything to protect the Trust. I guess I should ask one of our local attorneys, or maybe a MM member that’s works in that field could enlighten us?

I am for you idiots having to get insurance. You will have to have firearm safes to get insurance... thus .....!! Makes perfect sense to me. But of course I have firearm safes..
I am referring to those idiots who don't.
Jester

Folks gotta start taking a much harder stance against CA because that's where it always starts, then spreads like an infection to the rest of the states...very frustrating

Some are taking a harder stance. Three very liberal school board members were recalled in San Francisco due to their liberal policy in the school system. That is unheard of happening in San Francisco. One of the school board members blamed the recall on right wing militants, but she overlooked the fact that many signers of the petition were registered Democrats.
Gov. Newsome beat his recall, but I do not think he will win his re-election next time around. The election coming in Nov. may tell us if the voters are fed up with the B.S. the liberal politicians have been shoveling down our throats.
RELH

Some are taking a harder stance. Three very liberal school board members were recalled in San Francisco due to their liberal policy in the school system. That is unheard of happening in San Francisco. One of the school board members blamed the recall on right wing militants, but she overlooked the fact that many signers of the petition were registered Democrats.
Gov. Newsome beat his recall, but I do not think he will win his re-election next time around. The election coming in Nov. may tell us if the voters are fed up with the B.S. the liberal politicians have been shoveling down our throats.
RELH
Newsome won with 65% of the vote. With mail in ballots, ballot harvesting, and drop boxes, California will never see another conservative politician, unless conservatives start playing the same game democratic ones do.

California is a great lesson regarding one party rule. Everyone wrote off California when the Dems took it over and just said "well the state will soon be bankrupt and fail", which may very well ultimately occurr, but before then California will generate court case after court case after court case that impacts the rest of the nation.

It's been said for a long time that as goes California so goes the rest of the US. It's true and everyone in all the other states who value personal freedoms better start realizing it.

I’m inclined to think it’s too late for Ca, but there might still be time to save TX. When Texas turns, we’re done.:(

Spot on comment Marburg. RELH hope you are right ref Newsom, can't hold my breath though because one thing Libs always do way (way) better than Conserves is stick together...even if they ARE driving the truck over the proverbial cliff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom