Losing bonus points

J

jedisdead

Did the change in the bonus point system stay in effect. Where if you don't put in for a species in three years you lose your points, or did it change again. Because I real close on an elk tag but don't want to lose my deer points.

I'm pretty sure that as long as you put in for something you will keep your points. It's if you don't put in for anything for 3 years that you lose your points.

I believe its still in place. I haven't seen anything about it changing back.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

it is still in place. If you have not put in for a specific species in the last 3 draws then you will lose your poiints for that species. if you have points for any species and you did not apply for that species in 2009 or 2010 then you have to put in for that species in 2011 or the points will be gone.

I don't think the information give above is correct and here's why I say that. I am a resident who is old enough that at one time I could apply for all species and they gave you a point if you did not draw. Then around 1996 or so they made a new ruling that you could only apply for one LE and one OIL time hunt. Since that time I have never applied for antelope or moose and yet I still carry my points to this day. I have applied for other species each year but never for those. So I know you don't lose your points if you don't apply for that certain species? as long as you apply for another. And I am not certain that is even a requirement.

Have a good one. BB

I believe this would be the first year to lose either deer or elk points from what I recall. I will call the dwr tomorrow and find out what they say.

you wont lose bonus points for elk if you put in for deer as long as you are putting in for something you will keep all your points but if you dont put in on anything for three years then you will lose your points

Don't want to hijack this thread, but can someone clarify another bonus point question?
If I just want to buy points, do I have to buy a general NR license too? Or can I just buy the points for the 10.00 plus the application fee and get my points?

thanks in advance.

WH

Page 26 of the 2010 Utah Big Game Guidebook:

"If you do not apply for a limited-entry or once-in-a-lifetime permit or a bonus point at least once in a consecutive three-year period, you will lose any bonus points you've accrued. Because 2009 was the first year of the three-year timeframe, point loss will not begin until after the 2011 hunt drawing."

>Don't want to hijack this thread,
>but can someone clarify another
>bonus point question?
>If I just want to buy
>points, do I have to
>buy a general NR license
>too? Or can I just
>buy the points for the
>10.00 plus the application fee
>and get my points?
>
>thanks in advance.
>
>WH

Page 10 of the 2010 Utah Big Game Guidebook:

"You must have a current Utah hunting or combination license before you can apply for any big game permits, bonus points or preference points."

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom