Lost rifle!

mo

Unit 30 colorado early saturday morning.It was supposedly securely fastened in a gun boot on the back of my rhino.I left at the end of 16 rd. and headed up Lapham road to the top by the burn.Got out to go hunting ,and no rifle.I headed straight back down to 16 rd by big metal fence at the end, and it was gone.The gun was inside a black soft case ,and has half a hard case over the butt. I will pay reward for return.

Hey Mo,
I think I have your rifle, found it at in the road at first light. The Rhino in front of me just ran it over. I stopped to pick up the case, and to my supprise it wasn't just the case there was a rifle along with it. We stopped everyone who had a quad or rhino with no case or gun but nobody had lost a gun. give me a call. Jason (805)714-9064

Jason, Ijust can't thank you enough for reuniting that sweet shooting gun with this old man.I am forever grateful! MO

10-4 Sunday morning I got a six point bull.No monster, but for the conditions and what we had been seeing I was very pleased. How about you guys?

Brandon didnt see anything worth killin on saturday so no kill for him.

I went out with "Cortez" yesterday morn and seen about 90-100 head of elk and about 10 legal bulls just little guys. He is holding out for something over 320 so it could be a long 5 days.

Thanks again for the hospitallity Mancho Man. You guys are great guys and congrats on the kill. That is awesome. I wish I coulda been there to see the bull.

Good luck huntin

Leroy

jgamble...

My hat is off to you sir. Most guys I know would have kept it and not said a word. There are some great people left on earth after all.

Glad to see it all work out!

ElkSniper

When I first read this, I thought "no way".

This was a wonderful story and with a happy ending. Just reading this makes one proud to be a Sportsman.

I was very curious about how this would turn out. I lost my rifle out of a scabbord walking my kids two deer out by horseback at night in Wyoming back in 2012. I backtracked and looked all the next morning talked to all I could find left notes all over the road going in to the area and never heard back.
It is very encouraging to hear of such great sportsmanship in this community (forum). I hear of trail cams being stolen all of the time, rude hunters, ect. It is great to hear of a positive display such as this.Congrats to all involved and hope to meet you on the trail someday, it would be a pleasure.

Now that's what I call a "happy ending."

My camo hat goes off to the stand-up man who returned it. We need more people like you in this world!

GrizlyHunter

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom