Maine Moose Draw

Zim

Very Active Member
Maine moose draw is this Saturday. Anyone else in? How many points? I'm up to 15 so will get some extra chances this year with their new convoluted NR "system". Likely only 1% or 2% odds anyway.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

I'm waiting. I'm a resident that is still waiting...34 years. Not complaining because I've drawn some tags out west that I probably shouldn't have...including a rifle antelope tag in AZ this year.

34 years? Don't you qualify for their new priority positioning?

How many AZ points did you have? What unit? I'm up to 20 for lope there. Did draw unit 1 elk with only 6 in 2004.

I drew a NR New Hampshire moose tag in 2012 so I know I don't deserve Maine! But drew nothing out west so far.

Zim...I have the max points needed to be guaranteed a tag as a resident but you must also be 70 years old...that isn't going to happen for another 18 years. Until then I'll keep trying.

I had 15 points in AZ. Was saving them for a future archery hunt but the rifle dates worked better this year so I threw my name in the hat and got lucky. It was a random tag.

OMG that would be 52 points!!! New world record.

I have been chasing units 9 & 10 AZ lope units. Also rifle due to dates.

This will be my 6th. year applying as a N.R. Figure it would be a good road trip with my wife to see the fall colors in Maine,and chow down on Lobster!

>This will be my 6th. year
>applying as a N.R. Figure
>it would be a good
>road trip with my wife
>to see the fall colors
>in Maine,and chow down on
>Lobster!

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID8/5143.html#.VXu9NUoo5Q4

Here's a link with some fall colors from my NH hunt. Being from the Midwest, I had forgotten what fresh seafood tasted like for maybe 20 years. It was sooooo good everywhere I went. Most notably the clams and fish.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-15 AT 06:35PM (MST)[p]Unit 4, September season. I am thinking of hiring a guide. Any thoughts? The unit seems so big and really remote, plus i have a very long drive. Not to mention as a NR i am sure this is a once in a lifetime experience.

I also did that hunt as a NR. Lots of logistical challenges but still very do-able. I will review my notes and PM you this weekend with information.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom