Management Definition...

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I scoured the 2011 regs for what Utah considers a management buck and could not find it. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks a bunch...

Steve
I got put in time out for a bad signature! Sorry Founder...

I think it is something like a buck with no more than 3 points on one of his antlers, not including brow tines. A point is defined as an antler protrusion longer than 1 inch.

Go to this link and scroll about halfway down the page to the section titled "Mangement buck deer orientation course" and check out the course information and quiz.

http://wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/hunting/hunting-information/big-game.html

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

Thanks Dax- that would be what I was looking for. I was looking in the regs themselves. Do any of you Utah hunters put in for these two management hunts? Ever been drawn? Any pics? Thanks.

Steve

Steve,
Happy new year buddy! Go to the photo gallery and in the big bucks n bulls from this year check out ricks henry's deer. Monster management buck!!

What's up Andy- I'll do that. I took the Management Orientation Course for the hell of it. A couple of their answers on what was a legal mature buck were wrong....but who am I to judge. I think I may start putting in for the Pauns management hunt. Closer to home and I may see Ryan Hatch out there somewhere!

Steve

Anybody have any pics to share?

Steve

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom