Manti Muzzleloader Bulll

nvguy2

Good gawd, nobody posts pics anymore. 23 years of wait and if someone told me this is what I was bringing home, I would have laughed. I’m still not really sure what happened as I have hunted a long time but thought this Bull was bigger but also wondering if I shot the wrong one. Spent the first 2 days chasing deep bugles and getting close. That Manti unit is steep. Decided to hike into a spot we heard about to hear several Bulls screaming. One of them sounding extra nasty and pist. After a long walk in, we decided to wait the day out. After an hour of silence, the mean one started again and by mid day we located 2 decent bulls coming in and out. Then Cows started coming out and a few more Bulls followed to what we found out were wallows. We decided to move into wallows for evening and as me and my nephew dropped in closer to the bottom and reasonable shooting range, I realized it was turning into an absolute rutfest. Never seen or heard anything like it. Over 20 Bulls in one canyon at best guess. Bulls in and out of the bottom. As soon as I seen what I thought was the biggest he dove back in and a few seconds later another back out. It was getting late and the big nasty Bull that we found out was busted ended up chasing my Bull down to shooting distance. Still thinking this was the biggest Bull we seen, I decided to shoot. 230 yards. First shot I knew I pulled. 2nd shot with a Muzzleloader is always fun. Did it with my Nevada Bull. 2nd shot was true and honestly I was disappointed at the ground shrinkage. I have learned a lot about expectations and what trophy hunting can do to a soul in the last week. All in all, a great experience and it was the last night my Son, Brother, Nephew and Cousin were there and they seen it all happen and hunted their butts off with me for 3 days so that was nice. The 2 mile pack out was a little rough.

F8B706F7-82F0-44F6-991F-0DE18A81A1E1.jpeg

38F99D8D-528D-4488-9B6A-DD1DD5A27C6C.jpeg

A66D9719-9A23-46B0-9D28-9CE3CDA590DB.jpeg

5986DA25-123F-4434-925F-86B0D0978D25.jpeg

025154C8-B1E9-4C60-8C8B-7A39EC3B9D21.jpeg

C6BA1F2A-8317-4EDB-9999-B5BC811FF921.jpeg

Congrats on a beautiful time in the mountains chasing them bulls with the smokepole. Nice bull and nothing to be ashamed of- each one is a trophy in their own right. It also means you can still dream and plan to pursue that big one you would like on the wall!

Congratulations. Fun time with family. Interacting with rutting elk is a very special experience……… I would say that few humans have had that opportunity. Not sure the interaction isn’t more satisfying than the size of the antlers. The memories of those bulls, coming and going, and doing their rutting thing will be more important than the size of the kill. At least that’s how it’s been for me, over the last 70 plus years.

Giddy up nvguy! ?

Congrats on a beautiful time in the mountains chasing them bulls with the smokepole. Nice bull and nothing to be ashamed of- each one is a trophy in their own right. It also means you can still dream and plan to pursue that big one you would like on the wall!
I actually have one on the wall and wasn’t putting another one up unless he was 350+. Wife was happy though.?

IMG_4556.jpeg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom