Marathon?

lve2143

Very Active Member
Any of you guy's ever run a marathon?
If you have, how long did you specifically
train for it? What were your specific running
regimen's ect. Would really like to know.
Thanks,
Larry

LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-06 AT 09:11PM (MST)[p]Read "The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer" by Whitsett, Dolgener and Kole. It costs $10. My wife wants me to read it and run a marathon. I think she wants me dead. Not sure if life insurance was a good idea. Or maybe she just thinks I'm fat and lazy and is embarrassed of me.

I ran one two years ago with my 64 year old uncle and he kicked me a$$. It took me about 9 months of training to get into shape but I didn't try to set any records. My wife and I both trained for itbut she didn't run because she some how got pregnant with our daughter two months before the race. There is a lot of info on the internet about training schedules and such and that's what i followed for the most part. Just remember the last 5-6 miles is all guts because most people don't regularly practice up to the full 26 miles. good luck!

I ran two in 1981. I was young and in shape fresh out of college track and cross country 2:51 and 2:48 great sense of accomplishment you get. The training regimes back then were a little different than they are now generally 100 mile weeks long slow distance runs. We now know that breaks most peoples bodies down with that distance. If I was ever going to run one again I'm not I'd buy the training manuals that put it all into weekly training agendas. Good luck finishing one in a decent times feels just like dropping a great buck.

Runnersworld.com
Great training info....no I haven't ran a marathon...maybe for my 41st birthday...or somehwere in there...

Not a Marathon but I've signed up to ride my bicycle in the Iron Horse Classic next spring. 60 some miles from Durango to Silverton over Coal Bank Hill and Molas Pass. When I make it I'll be proud.

BeanMan

You should be Beanman, and that's
a Whale of a good looking bike you're
going to do it on. In many way's I think
the biking could be tougher than the running.

Thanks LV2,

I think I'm going to do it on a road bike though. My Wife says she will do it with me if She can get a road bike. Anything that encourages her to excercise has to be good right?

BM

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom