March Madness, D1 Wrestling Championship

I feel like wrestling would only get less gay if you involved other genders.
Good one…….from a former wrestling dad.

I had the pleasure of watching Colton Schultz (heavy) work his way thru the Colorado State HS brackets for 4 years. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the championship someday.

If a girl can wrestle her way onto the championship mat, good for her. I won’t be holding my breath.

So blue?

You're kind of a BI Guy?

I Ain't Got A Problem With Girls Wrastling Girls!

Or Boys Wrastling Boys!

Good one…….from a former wrestling dad.

I had the pleasure of watching Colton Schultz (heavy) work his way thru the Colorado State HS brackets for 4 years. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the championship someday.

If a girl can wrestle her way onto the championship mat, good for her. I won’t be holding my breath.

I’ve learned two things about monster muleys.

1: don’t tease the mormons
2: don’t tease the wrastlers

While I’ve never had another man smear his balls in my face wearing nothing but a leotard, and I find it hard to believe that one fella figured out how to read the gospel in a magic hat that no one else could see into, I’ll leave them both in the category or “things that probably aren’t for me but might be for someone else”. You fellas have a great day and good luck in the draws.

So blue?

You're kind of a BI Guy?

I Ain't Got A Problem With Girls Wrastling Girls!

Or Boys Wrastling Boys!
I aint sceered of some gal. But I don’t think some dude should get to identify as a skirt and beat up on women. Call me old fashioned.

The girls have been able to compete against the guys on the mat since before I can remember; pee wee’s all the way through high skool. Every pre-pubescent wrestlers nightmare was to get beat by a 14 yo girl with hips and ****.

But the dudes eventually catch up, and there were just a few gals at the state championships. The gals legacy was to leave a few broken Karens in their wake. We have some here. :)

Last edited:

While I’ve never had another man smear his balls in my face wearing nothing but a leotard, and I find it hard to believe that one fella figured out how to read the gospel in a magic hat that no one else could see into, I’ll leave them both in the category or “things that probably aren’t for me but might be for someone else”. You fellas have a great day and good luck in the draws.
If you’re getting your face dry humped, you’re doing it wrong and maybe should stick with band.

But it’s still better than getting YOUR OWN balls rubbed in your face like the good ones will do you. ;)

If you’re getting your face dry humped, you’re doing it wrong and maybe should stick with band.

But it’s still better than getting YOUR OWN balls rubbed in your face like the good ones will do you. ;)
None of that sounds good. That being said, I’d take my own balls in my face 100:1 over someone else’s.

A lot of good matches in the first round. Lots of upsets. 125 lb. bracket in shambles . Penn starts strong as usual. Not sure why my post deleted, but founder rules. I know there are a lot of mm members that are fans. A lot of high profile wrestling personalities are avid sportsman. Let’s get back on track about the tournament. Looking forward to tonight’s session. BacDoc?

Missed that Fish the 29 seed beat the #4 seed from Cornell in the first round. He’s made to the quarterfinals. ?

Utahs (Box Elder) Brock Hardy one of the best ever out of Utah high schools, went on a mission straight out of high school. Struggled first couple years at Nebraska, in the quarter finals with a verry winnable match to get into the semis at 141 weight class.
Hoping he continues to do well! He wrestled very well in the Big Ten championships also. Seems like a great kid!!

Heavyweight matches have sure changed from the old days. Great athletes. Looking forward to semis tonight, my favorite round. ?

I don't like to root against an individual, but I wouldn't mined seeing Yianni Diakomihalis lose I am tired of his winning about college wrestling rules are not freestyle wrestling.
His coach made a comment after his match today.

Ref had a better look than we do, but they do make mistakes. 4 other officials look at the replays to confirm the calls. They see the same replays we do. Gutty comeback regardless.?
True, ref definitely called the fall quick for him though… either way kid didn’t loose his composure and wrestled through it and didn’t let 6 point deficit get to his head

Heavyweight matches have sure changed from the old days. Great athletes. Looking forward to semis tonight, my favorite round.
Agree. Really wish Shultz would go out there and try and score instead of just stall for 7 plus minutes. Parris and Hendrickson will be an exciting match if it happens

Hard to to get past a penn state kid at the NCAA’s when they get the momentum ball rolling
It is crazy how true that is - they just simply get it done when it matters most and the lights are the brightest. Having Cael Sanderson as your coach and in the room obviously has a significant impact. He is the definitive GOAT of the sport hands down!

It’s hard to compare different eras of a sport but I’ve said before, consideration has to still be given to Dan Gable. I watched him win his last title live in Provo Utah in 1969. I marveled at his intensity as a wrestler, and later as a coach. I’ve known the Sanderson family since I was in high school. Two of my sons competed against the Sanderson brothers in the same region. Kept them(my sons) from winning more than 1 state title. I wish Cody would have stayed as Coach at Utah Valley. Cael has had a remarkable Career both as a competitor, and as a Coach. I consider him and his family personal friends. If Penn State continues their dominance he will be the GOAT. If you haven’t done so check into Gables Career. For now, for what it’s worth (not much) he’s still my GOAT. Respectfully , BacDoc ?

It is crazy how true that is - they just simply get it done when it matters most and the lights are the brightest. Having Cael Sanderson as your coach and in the room obviously has a significant impact. He is the definitive GOAT of the sport hands down!
Went to multiple camps growing with Cael and his brother Cyler. Cael calmly and quietly knows how to get the best out of you and it shows every year at nationals. Obviously helps with his likeliness when it comes to recruiting

It’s hard to compare different eras of a sport but I’ve said before, consideration has to still be given to Dan Gable. I watched him win his last title live in Provo Utah in 1969. I marveled at his intensity as a wrestler, and later as a coach. I’ve known the Sanderson family since I was in high school. Two of my sons competed against the Sanderson brothers in the same region. Kept them(my sons) from winning more than 1 state title. I wish Cody would have stayed as Coach at Utah Valley. Cael has had a remarkable Career both as a competitor, and as a Coach. I consider him and his family personal friends. If Penn State continues their dominance he will be the GOAT. If you haven’t done so check into Gables Career. For now, for what it’s worth (not much) he’s still my GOAT. Respectfully , BacDoc ?
Gable is synonymous…he has definitely created a lasting style and culture to the university of Iowa. Always has made wonder/chuckle that some of the greatest of all times have been Iowa State products but have predominantly went elsewhere when it came to coaching…. Hard to say what Iowa State would be right now if Cael wouldn’t of left for Penn State

Yep hard to compare for sure and if there is anyone that you could argue in the same breath with Cael it would be Dan Gable.

I don't think there is any doubt Penn State will continue their dominance as long as Cael stays there - what he is doing is simply creating (already created in my mind) a true sports dynasty. And the 159-0 collegiate record is hard to ignore in the debate.

Either way, both Gable and Sanderson are on the Mt. Rushmore of wrestling and both have impacted the sport about as much as anyone could. I'm a Utah wrestler and live in Utah, so my bias is to Cael ;)

Gable is synonymous…he has definitely created a lasting style and culture to the university of Iowa. Always has made wonder/chuckle that some of the greatest of all times have been Iowa State products but have predominantly went elsewhere when it came to coaching…. Hard to say what Iowa State would be right now if Cael wouldn’t of left for Penn State
Probably would have won a couple nationals but not to the level that he has taken the Penn State, he controls the east coast recruiting. I don't the he could have controlled the mid west recruiting at Iowa St.

Thoughts on Spencer Lee withdrawing (medical forfeit) from the tournament after his loss last night?

Personally, I lose a lot of respect for him. Feels like taking your ball and going home to me and tarnishes his legacy.

Thoughts on Spencer Lee withdrawing (medical forfeit) from the tournament after his loss last night?

Personally, I lose a lot of respect for him. Feels like taking your ball and going home to me and tarnishes his legacy.
I understand that take on the situation, but somewhat understand the mental anguish Lee is going through when his lifelong dream has been shattered. It brings back memories of DanGables lose to Larrry Owings. That lose help fuel Gables rise to all time greatness. Time will tell how Lee responds. For now I feel his Pain. For now it shows that he is human. BacDoc?

The anguish of losing like Lee did is hard to understate-I am sure it rocked him. He may be dealing with some injury issues too, so I get all of that weighing in on the decision to shut it down.

Then I see a guy like Max Dean who won the national championship last year and then lose painfully this year, only to keep going and win the 7th place match and express nothing but gratitude for his coach, teammates, family, and the sport itself at the end of his great career. That seems like the better way to me.

The anguish of losing like Lee did is hard to understate-I am sure it rocked him. He may be dealing with some injury issues too, so I get all of that weighing in on the decision to shut it down.

Then I see a guy like Max Dean who won the national championship last year and then lose painfully this year, only to keep going and win the 7th place match and express nothing but gratitude for his coach, teammates, family, and the sport itself at the end of his great career. That seems like the better way to me.
That would be my biggest consideration. Put your team over yourself. He's hurting his team by not continuing.

Switching gears, time for Rodeo until the finals. Doesn’t seem to be much interest in Rodeo in this MM crowd. ?

I don't get teased by anyone. Don't even care what they think. As long as my wife and family like me I'm good. I like MM but doubt I will ever meet more than a half dozen or so since I havent even been to the Expos.
The craziest wrestling match I've seen was a guy being overhead pressed by his opponent. I dropped 4 lbs and didn't have to wrestle that guy. But my Teammate that did would not have been on varsity if I had not dropped to 168. My parents were watching that night and a little boy behind them said I wouldn't want to run into that guy in the dark. ?

I just read former President Trump showed up at the NCAA wrestling championships. I bet that was pretty amazing.

As usual the tournament did not disappoint. Great matches in every session. Many expected outcomes, and some super upsets. Spencer Lee’s defeat was a real shocker. Penn State continues to roll. Great to see the Champions and placer spread out. Love and respect the big dogs and the under dogs. 1 Champion and 31 sad stories in every weight. College wrestling appears to be in a good place. Now it’s time for Rodeo Houston. BacDoc ?

Horsecorn, Your buddy Rhen won it. I’m sure he can use the 50 thousand. Josh ended up second and so did Feilds. Ky Hamilton was unreal on bulls rode 6 off 7 and edged Josh in the shoot out overtime. Love those Basin Cowboys . Pretty surprising the Wright pretty well got shut out. ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom