Martin Pantera

WAstickslinger

I am really considering buying the Pantera down here at a local archery shop. I have a Martin Firecat that is pretty ancient and I am due. I have loved my Martin. I would like to stick with them. Anyone have an opinion about this Pantera. By the way I can get it for about $350(bare bow), is this a decent buy?

MuleySniper, stay out of this. I cant afford a Matthews.

Slinger, I shoot a Mathews, but that is irrelavant. I would suggest you save your money or borrow some. Buy one of the top two-three bows from any company after you have shot and decided what one you want. You will never be sorry, but will not be truely satisfied until you have one. Ebay is selling Mathews LX fully rigged for under 400.00. If it was up to me I would go with a top of the line used bow then a new mid or lower level bow regardless of manufacturer.

Nothing wrong with the Pantera. PLENTY of bow to do the job. Just make sure it feels good in your hand and you're comfortable shooting it.

BOHNTR )))---------->

While I have not shot the new Pantera, I have shot the new Bengal. WOW! I was shocked at how nice that bow shot, especially for the low sticker price. The specs on the new Pantera are more attractive to me than the Bengal.

That said, I still love my Mathews, but would be very happy with the Pantera.

I have heard lots of good things on the Pantera. I would shoot it for sure before you purchase it. From everyone I have heard they love it.

And Martin has a great line of bows.

I shoot a Matthews but would be very happy with a Martin.

Don

I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to buy a Martin, they have been a long standing manufacturer of quality equipment.

It is all in the feel, if it feels good to you go for it.

I shoot a Mathews, it shoots well for me but I have also shot some of the less expensive bows out there and I'm not convinced that Mathews has the corner on the market when your talking about easy shootin bows.

Martin makes great bows. One of my buddies shoots one , I don't recall which one but I believe its a 2003-04 bow, but nonthe less its a great bow. I really like the feel of his rig and its weight distrabution is real nice. On the 3-d range he always holds his own and he has killed 2 elk in as many years , so I'd say proof is in the pudding.
My advice to you is research this bow(thats what your post is about) and once you decide on which ever bow , then buy it and get comfortable shooting as much as you can. I've said this many times and I'll say it again, I see every year guys will go out and buy the latest and greatest , the most expensive bows money can buy and best by names(Mathews, Bowtech, Hoyt etc) and think in doing so they will automatically improve their shooting whether it be for points on the 3d range or out in the hills. Money can't buy you anything more than a product, yet quality practice will for certain improve your shooting.I'm not saying to stay with older bows , if a guy/girl can afford to upgrade to something produced today , than by all means treat yourself to one of these newer smoother bows , but practice with it. Buy the best you can afford and LIKE, not what others like, and then practice , practice and then practice some more...Best of luck, but sounds like your looking into a pretty good bow.Martin has produced bows for a long time, again , proof is in the pudding....Larry

After shooting Martin all my life and researching the Pantera I ended up buying a dang Mathews. All my friends shoot them and they convinced me. I got a good deal on a '05 Outback. I was delivered today. It is gonna be weird going from 42" ATA to 32". Boy does it feel nice. With all the accessories it is lighter than my Martin Firecat(bare bow)!! I will have to get it to the bow shop soon and get the thing tuned for me. I will let you guys know if I am completely sold after I shoot it this week.

Thanks for all the advise, even though I didn't buy the Pantera.

MuleySniper, They forgot to send the fire extinguisher to put out my arrows. I guess you will have to bring me one when you come over for the yoter derby.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom