Max Deer PTs?

TipMOver

Am I right thinking that 11 is max going in to this draw? I couldnt remember if it was 11 or 12. I've got 10 (drew in 2000). Hoping for one of the good ones in the draw, but I doubt if its happening for a while.

Thanks for the help!

12 Bonus Points puts You in the "Max Pool" for deer in 2009,unfortunitely needed to draw the most "Coveted" tags for the late Mule Deer hunts ---

LAST EDITED ON May-31-09 AT 08:17AM (MST)[p]>>unfortunitely needed to draw the most "Coveted" tags for the late Mule Deer hunts --- <<

That MIGHT be the case for a NR, but a resident has a good shot at drawing a permit with less than the max because only 20% of the permits are put in the pool; the rest are in the general draw.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

I'm sitting at 11. Never will be able to get into the max points group, so it will probally quite a few years.

I pushed all my non-resident chips in. Max points, hunter safety and loyalty. Strip or bust. Hopefully I'll get out of the max point pool with a draw.

Hey Guys;

You all need to forget about the strip. It's old news!

Put in for units SW of phoenix, put in for units 9 or 10.

Any where but the strip!!!!

I know lots of rain, good feed, limited entry--
yea, so what else has it got , that's so good?

It's a huge area, very few deer, why bother, besides it's a long way to drive.

There, that should do it.

Steve Cheuvront

Are you serious Steve Cheuvront!!!! I drew that tag 2 years ago and i completely and utterly disagree with you. Obviously you haven't had the opportunity to hunt there.. Oh yeah, my dad drew that tag too. Together we killed almost 400 inches of antler. Where else can you do that.....consistently??? Oh and by the way, Units 9 and 10 are north and northwest of phoenix.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-09 AT 09:03AM (MST)[p]Steve's kidding,That's why he put "there that should do it", It's kinda an Az inside joke. At least he was nice in trying to redirect to the units SW of phoenix and 9&10, where there are a few 'big' bucks also.

Congrats on the great bucks you and your dad took, memories of a lifetime I'm sure.

Kent

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-09 AT 02:46PM (MST)[p]Bowstringmusik,
I was just kidding about the strip.
I have spent nearly 60-90 days a year on 13B for the last
8 years. I was there on the hunt 2 years ago, where did you hunt? Don't need any secret spot. Seegmiller , Blackrock,
Poverty, Dellenbaugh, Whitmore, Mud Mountain, etc., etc.
I drive a white toyota pickup with tires and red gas cans on top. Tell me about your hunt. I usually camp at poverty.
Steve Cheuvront

I guess someone should post the definition of sarcasim.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

My bad!! apparently i can't catch the sarcasm even though it was laid on pretty thick. I hunted amongst those places. Closer to grassy.

Bow;
Glad you had a good time on the strip.
I see too many folks who show up and think a 40"
buck is behind every bush. They can't believe how hard it is to see , much less harvest a trophy buck. There are trophy bucks all over the strip. The whole place changes from year to year and most times during the hunt , big time,
It always amazes me when someone asks you to tell them
a good area and they return at 8am in the morning saying they didn't see a single deer. They are sure you have sent them on a wild goose chase. I am not sure why people expect you to tell them where a good buck hangs out, when it has taken you years to develope this information. Besides, knowing where one lives and finding him is 2 different things.
There is a sure way to get accurate info on the strip and an excellent chance at getting a good buck. It is known as hiring a good guide. I have watched many of them be successful year after year. They all have a secret , though----
They work their butts off.

Steve Cheuvront

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom