May 1

I feel for you guys. old boot/bike tracks all over just like wy!
37205hornkiller.jpg

All of the honest guys will go out and find very few sheds. The majority of them have all been stockpiled in hidey holes waiting for the owners to return and pick them up tomorrow. Sad, but true.

+1,000, this rule kills the honest guy, with very few if any law breakers getting caught. Nevada is a huge state with many areas a long ways from people. A law that is for the most part impossible to enforce.

What do guys do with the sheds they find? I understand it is a way to try to find where big deer winter but is there another reason? Some people sell them?

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Not even disappointing to me all the fudging , cheating, stashing, tearing up the country, drama, etc. I just enjoy the hunt. I know there are hunters out there that fare far better than I do. I've been doing this shed hunting thing for about thirteen years now. I wish I would have better luck and find more than I do (I think the most deer/elk sheds I 've EVER found in just one outing is about 7!) BUT I have found some neat stuff and amazing to me cool sheds over the years. My favorite deer shed is a five-pt. with 7 distinguishable brow tine! I have only found a matched set off the same deer two years running once, I found my first elk set (only a 330-in. bull),but you could tell that the bull had jumped a fence, landed hard in the mud, jarring both antlers off! Another bull set, I searched for hours, flagging and marking in an ever-expanding circle to no avail. I gave up, headed back to my truck in really thick trees, I paused to get a drink, looked down at my feet...there was the MATCH! Just last year I found where a bull had wrenched his antler off on a downed tree! I could fill this post with some more boring stuff...BUT, for me Shed Antler Hunting...Always an Adventure! btw: I'll be out tomorrow after work! Oh, and Happy Hunting, y'all! ;-)
506427x7matchedset15.jpg

36365069.jpg

4072605elksheds2.jpg

233592devilpt.63.jpg

Yep got screwed you guys were right no boot tracks just horse tracks twine and a YouTube shed hunter who was cool but only found one chalk and a brown deer shed.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom