McCain get's it right.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-14-08 AT 07:54AM (MST)[p]Same story, since they're not Americans or on American soil they have no rights, how noble. McCain would be as bad if not worse than Bush for our foriegn relations, the more the old coot talks the less I like him and the better I feel knowing he's going to lose.

We can't even find Bin Laden but these suspects are so important to you, I've got news for you they're a drop in the bucket. our image is more important in the war on terror than some people we can't make a case on sitting in prison are.

Once again the high court is correct.

I guess I am stupid because you will have to explain how making our Government prove that these are bad guys endangers our country?

If they are detained and in Gitmo and we have already gone to the expense of flying them around the world and caring for them for years, then doesn't it seem reasonable that we should have the evidence that these are bad guys? Why would the US government be afraid of presenting the evidence in court that shows these guys want to kill Americans and that they are better off locked up?

If the current administration had handled these case in a manner that showed we were prosecuting the war to the nth degree and not just warehousing people who might be a threat then this wouldn't have gone to the Supreme Court. Candidate McCain has to pander to the extreme rightwing of the party and cannot say any thing other then that it was a bad decision.

Nemont

They aren't "just warehousing people." They are in the process of preparing for and holding hearings for these detainees. It takes time. They have also released many detainees.

The trial for the mastermind of the 9-11 attacks is scheduled for the coming months however it is certain to be postponed now thanks to this recent ruling.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-14-08 AT 05:38PM (MST)[p]Some are reported to be held since 2001 without being charged, how long do you think they should have to make a case?

You're a good Bushie, a dying breed.

We're lucky ther Supreme court is a higher power, times like this make me appreciate even more how wise our forefathers were for putting the protections in our system we have. extremist and lunitics can't get a grip on the nation which can't be broken, we always have a way to set right what's wrong and that's made us the greatest nation on earth.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom