Mean Deeds?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON May-11-16 AT 07:29PM (MST)[p]There was this guy, a new guy in town, that tried to break into my High School's Varsity Baseball Team. I never thought a guy could do that, we had all played together for a long time and the lineup was strongly set...but this new guy, he could throw rockets and swing the bat that good. So he asks around about hunting and fishing, he had done some where he used to live but he was more interested in talking to local guys his age that were into the outdoors. Me being the quiet type, he got me to talking after a practice one afternoon and that transitioned into him being quail hunting with me three or 4 trips later into a big spread out game filled property that i had near exclusive permission to hunt.

Across this nice sized oak lined wild oat covered draw, across the way 100yds or so, is said new left fielder with his 12 gauge and he's fully intent on getting some of the quail i half hollered to him, that i could see up in the middle toward the top. This new guy comes out of nowhere and now he's hunting bucks, dove, and quail with me just 8 miles from town. I'm thinking that he needs to pay his dues some, see how that goes. So when he crawls from the bottom, climbs over the top, or smashes his way thru this gymnasium sized patch of nasty Cali brush, all the way to the top, i tell him that most of the bunch is now down by the bottom, i can see em. Down thru the thick mess he goes, slow going and i know he's getting scratched up, but on and on he worked like a trooper without complaint. i kept him at it up and down at least twice, a good half hour after those quail on that sunny side while i had found some shade in a old Indian camp where i could kick back, offer sightings and words of encouragement, and watch his every move while in extreme comfort. There never were any quail in that patch.

Mean deeds, dirty tricks, or paying dues. What have you and a really good hunting pard of yours lived through or been put through? :)

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

Had a fishing buddy that was the type to spit on the sidewalk, drop a line, and catch a fish. We've all been around one or two like him over time. I watched the scenario play out many times and always knew how it would end and it made me laugh every damn time. We'd be on the lake hammerin em and sooner or later somebody who had been watchin would ask the inevitable, "what are they bitein on?" He'd say just loud enough for them not to hear "hooks" or the standard "my rod". Course they'd shout back "what?" And he'd say it again, only just a little louder but still not loud enough so they could hear. After the third time he'd say it loud enough for them to hear and the dejected look on their face made it hard for me to keep from laughing out loud! Then there was the boat dock guys, "how'd ya do?" As they're eyeballin the rods lookin to see what was tied on which was nothing cause he always took the lures or Flys off before we headed in. Course we usually had our limit and they'd watch us take em out of the live well and put em on ice, then the questions really started to come! He'd entertain a few then the usual "what we're they hittin on?" His standard response was "one too many questions" as he turned to climb into the truck! He always said fugh em, I had to figure it out why shouldn't they?

My father-in-law was a hard-drinking, hard-fighting guy that grew up in a small town and everybody knew him and gave him plenty of space. It was no love-fest when I got to know his daughter. I took a lot of shirt, but he taught me how to give it back. Ultimately, we became good friends and hunting partners. But not before I entered a hand-made quilt that I picked up at a local high school raffle in the quilting contest at the county fair in his name. He did pretty well, and got a lot of compliments on it.

Bull, you dirty, you're a bad boy! :) LMAO!

Thanks guys!

Joey

Bull, Lol, from your description of him, it's much more likely that i knew your father-in-law. Hard drinking, hard playing with the working men was just the way it still was in those fine days. In 91', i was the lead bartender-cook-bouncer at the Mt. Lassen Club in Chester. That was the start of a 6 year long chapter in my life that i'm not real proud of, ultimately got me to give up drinking altogether in 97'

Reminds me of a get even deal mean deed that happened from the Lassen Club back then. The Owner, Margret, was a 70's something Mormon transplant to this part of the country with a maiden name of Young. Her and her husband had been great friends of my Parents, i had dinner there many times as a kid, and she remembered me well when i first moved to Chester for good in 83". Anyway, she caught one of the low life neighborhood guys trying to pack a case of her import beer out the back door. It took me a month or so but that guy almost walked passed a guy on the unlighted sidewalk late one evening. He walked right into the best i had to give, lights out, down and out he went, i just kept on a walking figuring that account was now closed...

Joey

Joey, what you did to your team mate was not mean. One has to vet any new potential hunting companions. It would only have been mean if that hillside was covered in poison oak. :)

I have three, none are not hunting related.

One time when I was real young, maybe 6 years old, I had two friends over to my house to play. We were in my room where I had a bed that was elevated off of the floor, maybe three or four feet and against a wall. It had a cool place to play under it. Where it meets the wall is where you would enter the space through a small 12" opening. That was kind of like our fort. The space was small but still had enough room for kids to play around. We also had a Poodle that liked to sleep in there. This Dog did not like kids at all. The only way you could even get close to her without her growling is if you had food. I always left her alone and she would do the same. The day started out with just me and one friend playing around, and we knew the Dog was under the bed. Soon another friend came over. The two of us thought it would be funny to send him back there with the dog. We told him to go back there because there are some Snickers bars in there. He did and the dog growled and bite him. We thought it was funny as hell. When we saw the blood, it really scared us. He ended up fine, just a little blood.

Another time, I had a few Ice cubes in a plastic cup. I think I just finished up drinking the water that was in it. I was in my parents room doing something, I don't remember exactly. I don't know why, but I just tossed a large ice cube on the bed and left the room. It was one of those large cubes from those plastic do-it-yourself trays. I forgot about it almost as soon as I left the room. About an hour later, my dad was going to bed and I hear him yell "god dammit why is the bed wet". I still laugh about that because its so stupid, but funny.

My parents made us kids fold the laundry from time to time. One time I was folding the clothes. My sister had maybe a dozen different types of socks and I was getting real mad trying to pair them. I just had one or two types, it was real easy to pair mine. I made sure to pair all of hers odd. While I was doing it, I was laughing my ass off. Some of the mismatched pairs were way off, like white ankle sock with a regular sized striped one.

LAST EDITED ON May-12-16 AT 02:46PM (MST)[p]I got one story that comes to mind. When my cousin and I were about 7 we would go in the basement and piss in this cup. We pissed in it for about a week or so. Well one day the neighbor kid comes over to play. After a while of playing he said he was thirsty. My first thought was, I'm going to get that cup of piss from the basement. I went downstairs and still remember getting the bugs out of the cup of piss before i gave it to him. He took a big swig and said man that tastes like piss and I said well it is. Same neighbor kid would chit in my sandbox and bury it like a cat. Hope he's doing well these days I have no idea where he ended up.

LAST EDITED ON May-12-16 AT 03:25PM (MST)[p]Thanks guys, these are getting better and better. I've mentioned here many times how less than perfect i am, sometimes i'm a bit twisted, just saying.

1975, your story reminded me of a time when the bar i was working had a guy who, if we were busy and one wasn't paying close attention, he would sneak off with or just chug down a other guys unattended bottle of Budweiser. It was a Superbowl Sunday, we, a bunch of buds and i, set out a longneck bottle that was 3/4 full of Copenhagen spit juice and several of us watched as the fish soon took the bait. The guy downed several gulps before hearing us scream out and he realized that he'd been had.

He both puked his guts and voided in his shorts before leaving to howls of joy from the rest of us.

Eel, once he found out my play, eventually i couldn't stop laughing, i thought it touch and go there for awhile if he was going to give me a go or not. A half hour or so later though to this day, it was all smiles. That guy is no other than who i've referred to here many times as my longtime hunting Pard, the one we're planning on going once again to Wy for deer and lopes not this but next year.

Joey

Sage your story just triggered another one for me. Was on a job one time when somebody kept stealing a coworkers lunch everyday. Well needless to say the coworker got tired of it and one day made a special sandwich with not just mayo on it but something extra special. After that day his lunch was never messed with again.

i was at a buddys house once and there was some pizza on the counter we ordered. a guy next to me kept commenting how disgusting chewing tobacco was and that he would never do it. after that comment he got up to use the restroom, so i took my can of copenhagen out and put a bunch under all his toppings on his slice of pizza. when he ate that piece everyone around waited for his reaction with intent. we all kept commenting on how good the pizza was. he got 3/4 through the piece before he finally realized what was making his pizza so gross. he wasnt amused. i still giggle to this day about that!

"Shoot Straight"

hh23, some guys are just like that, can't take a joke attall! :) lol

Joey

My friend in High School have a guy ask him for some Pot. He met him 2 hours after school with a joint of Gerbil crap. I heard he coughed alot and never asked again.

I miss those days, Joey. I'm probably a little younger than you, but I spent a few hours at the T&A lounge in Susanville when that town was filled with honest and hard-working folk and there was nothing on the south end of town but the sawmill. I watched more than one loud-mouth hit that floor with his lights out. Nothing but loggers, cattlemen and an occasional rail roader back then. On the opening day of deer season, one had to stand in line to get a seat at the diner, even in Portola. I used to get my mail out of a brass box in the post office attached to the Milford post-mistress's home. Spent my summer days bouncing ground squirrels off granite boulders or chasing brush bunnies for supper. Now, with the new prison, you couldn't pay me to go back. Last I checked, the Buck Inn at Doyle looked closed and the World Famous Lizard Races sign fell to dust a decade or more ago.

What the hell is a guy to do, anyway? Maybe you got it figured out. I hope you got into those Almanor Browns last fall.

LAST EDITED ON May-13-16 AT 02:49AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-13-16 AT 02:31?AM (MST)

Bull, yes, the area has changed quite a bit in 30 years. Chester was quite a party town when i first moved here and made it known that i was here to make a go of it. We had three main groups back then, the loggers, bikers, and construction workers. I kinda fit in with some of the guys in all three groups but there were plenty of guys that there was no getting around it, we were going to be fighting sooner or later. Word soon got around that i was not just big but that i could take care of myself, still it was not unusual to drop in a waterhole after work to have some guy sitting across tell me and those within hearing, that someday he was gonna royally kick my a$$. Generally, as usually happened when like that, i figured why wait, let's get this over. That's just how it was, knock down drag outs but nobody got seriously hurt and the Cops pretty much left everybody alone. That was then. It took awhile but now all those same guys are friends or they let me be and advise others to do the same, the way i like it, i paid my dues.

As this area has evolved into a little more politically correct place, i've gotten older and don't concern myself with the way others live their own lives. I'm happy here, content that i have 100's of thousands of acres of National Forest, BLM, and open private timber lands to hunt, camp, fish, whatever, just minutes from town here in every direction one might want to go. It's there, even if i don't go like i used to all the time, i'm happy that it's there.

Yep, this was a very lively area. I imagine that a guy could still get himself in trouble if he walked into a joint thinking that he was king kong, not to be bothered by the locals. :)

Edit: When i watch this clip, i see myself fitting right in like a window into the past. Our group was very much the same, lots of fun.

Joey

Me and some friends were once shed hunting near the town of Montello, Nevada. We drove into BLM land and parked the truck next to the road and split up walking. While walking around I came accross a steer with a bad limp and I could see that he had wire wrapped around his leg. So with plans to go to the local bar after shed hunting and let somebody know, I finished up my day picking up a couple of sheds and some trash.
On our way out some ranch hand stopped us and started giving us crap about shed hunting on thier cattle allotment and accused us of cattle rustling. He told us that there were no sheds here and that the sheds were 5 miles down the road. I told him that it was BLM property, which he agreed and he agreed that we had legal right to be on BLM property, and I'd found many sheds there in years past. I told him to look in the back of the truck and he could see several sheds and some garbage we had picked up. He was undeterred and let us know that he was the property bouncer. I told him about the steer that I'd seen with the wire wrapped around his leg and he sure wanted to know where I had seen it. I told him I would have been glad to show him where I saw it if he had not been an acehole but now I would not. As I drove off I said "Good luck finding that steer!"
fatrooster

My dad and I used to hunt a lot together. One time we were out in some wide-open country and he had to take care of some business. He had an old IH Scout with an extended bumper and a winch on it, and we were driving up a shallow hill. So he just slipped around the front of the Scout and dropped his drawers, leaned against the bumper, and started doing his business. I watched and when I figured he was fully involved, I slipped the Scout in to neutral and it rolled back down the hill. He plopped back right into his mess. Not bad, but he got a little on him. He was mad enough I had to leave the doors locked for quite a while.

I never had crabs but gave them to a girlfriend because i wanted to break up with her!! ( courtesy of a friend)..
Bone

A Few Years ago when the UDWR Over-Drew Deer Tags on the Henries!

Well!

That was the Same Year Wisz Drew a Vernon Deer Tag!

A NE UDWR Officer gave Wisz a Phone Call letting Him Know they had Over-Drawn the Vernon Unit as Well and He'd Have to Surrender His Tag!

I Guess the UDWR Officer Heard Some CHOICE Language!:D:D:D:D:D

I Also Heard the Officer had to shut His Phone off for several days!:D:D:D

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

How Bout When Me & Homer Lost Bets with ClorideRUS over the F'N Election!

I Wrote My Check out to MS RUS!

And Homer Sent Copper!

LMMFAO!:D:D:D

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

I shot a dog in its own back yard in Salt Lake City once while riding a quad off road in the dark the day before season and left the meat to spoil. Other than that I've been pretty descent most days

2311idiot.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom