Meat Donation ideas

mano_a_mano

We have 3 tags coming with pretty good odds of filling at least 2 (jr cow) if not all 3. We generally eat about 1 elk a year so I expect to have some left overs. And if we get NM tags too, we'll definitely be feeding a lot of others.

I am looking for charities (the kind that feed people who need it not the fund raiser kind) that would take and use the game meat and any rules they may need us to follow while handling the game in the field.

Also if you know of a meat process who provides discounted services for the donated meat, that would be helpful too though not necessarily a limiter.

The AZ tags will be near Heber.

Not positive, but I think the Salvation Army soup kitchen in down town Phoenix accepts wild game meat. It probably has to be professionally processed for them to accept it.

Could check into it.

Don't know of any processors that will discount, but you could ask.

Check with your local Proccesor to see if there're connected with a Charity. Also check with local Food Banks and Soup Kitchens or even Churches. The best way is turn the Elk into burger but you will end up paying for the fee. ( Tax write off )Doubt if you get a discount. Hope this helps and good luck on your Hunts

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom