Meat Processor around unit 13

CWeeks

Three of us have archery tags and will be hunting around Datil, will likely need to have one or two processed depending on how early in the hunt we tag out. Any help appreciated.

Check with Joe Don at Heads N Tails in Magdalena, 30-40 miles east of Datil. I know he at least has a cooler but his site says he does processing. I have used him for euro mounts and he's a good guy. No personal history of meat processing, though.

(575) 418-7116

http://headsntailstaxidermy.com/

Ephraim

Thanks efnm, just talked with Joe Don, sounds like a good guy and not far from where we will be hunting,also said they had just got a couple inches of rain!!

I didn't even ask, usually just get elk cut basic, butterfly straps, tenderloin whole, roast and cube steak, burger the rest, save the summer sausage, jerky, etc for deer back home. He did say he might be out guiding, but had a meat cutter on stand by 24/7. Processing is a lot cheaper back east, but with hot temps we may have to have a couple processed if we get tag out early and have to wait on third guy to kill.

He took great care of my son's elk he killed in 17. Took it into the cooler at 9:00 at night. He cut and wrapped it the next morning and flash froze it. On the road by noon, you cant beat that kind of service!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom