Mens Channel, hunting shows???

BLACK_PREDATOR

I don't have the channel, but hear they are airing more and more hunting shows instead of just infomercials.

Who has it, and what do you think of the hunting shows they are airing?
How does it compare to The outdoor Channel,OLN, or The sportsmans Channel?

Travis

I have caught them a few times on the Men's Channel but it aint as good as the Outdoor Channel. Plus I never know when their shows are going to be on. I usually sometimes catch an occasional show when I am chanel surfing. But the shows are no different than the ones you see on the Outdoor Chanel. You know what show I miss, and I have not seen in a long time is "Majestics Outdoors" That was one of my favorite shows.

"We MUST Hunt"

I watch the men's channel probably more than the Outdoor channel. They only air hunting shows in the morning and evening, but they are adding a ton more shows and a lot of it is Muley's and elk hunting instead of 99% whitetails.

On one of the weekend mornings, Glen Barry has a show on there. They show a lot of etc on public lands.

Yeh, it is screwy as far as knowing when something is going to be on.

Yeh I've watched that elk hunting show.............. wanna critique?? E-mail me at home.....

Tell-ya-what, I like the the new additions to the Mens Channel. I've been watching it a lot more than the ODC because it has now and origianl shows, one's I've not seen before. I was getting tired of the ODC. It's great to watch two hours of hunting and most of it western.

Finalshot

So far I am impressed, many of the shows seem to advocate fair chase. One show went a little too far in my opinion. Trophy Quest Outdoors showed an archery antelope hunt where a nice buck was shot head on in the chest. The blood was pumping out of the chest in huge spurts, which was great footage for a few seconds. But they kept showing the buck for the next minute or so. The last 10 seconds the blood was squirting, the buck wobbling, and he was just gasping for air. I like seeing a good kill shot and a buck falling, but showing the whole process for a minute is not good for our sport.

I watch it whenever I get the chance. I mostly watch while riding the Nordic track trying to get in shape to chase elk. Several of the shows that used to be on the ourdoor channel are now on the mens channel. Not as many 4x4, gold minig shows on the mens channel, but lots of infomercials.

Phantom Hunter

I have noticed that the men's channel is showing hunting shows when the outdoor channel is showing either fishing, prospecting, or car racing. Since I don't watch any of those, it works out good for me.

Ya, you can get the men's channel on direct TV. There is supposed to be some other show coming to it, but I have no clue what it is, Very few outdoor shows on the men's channel and you can only stomach so much of MXC. Think the men's channel is something like channel 325

I thought it was 325 also IE Spke or something like that. I didn't find a hunting show in the menu this weekend though but only looked once.

Jeff

The Men's Channel and Spike TV are not the same channel. Spike used to be TNN, and the Men's Channel has always been the Men's Channel.

Starting on dec 28 at 7:00 est a new show called WILD EXTREMES with Nathan jones will air. If you like fair chase hunting you will love this show

Some of the hunting shows on the Men?s Channel are better than most of the shows on the Outdoor Channel but the video quality and clarity isn't normal as good as the Outdoor Channel. My favorite shows on the Men?s Channel are The Best of the West and Berry?s Hunting Adventures (or something like that).

rost495,
I don't think DirecTV has the men's channel.
Here's a link of the DirecTV?s channel line up.
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/learn/Packages_Comparison.dsp

All I have to say is bless the Outdoor Channel and the Men's Channel. I probably wouldn't waste my time watching or even subscribing to any type of cable/dish network/or whatever if it wasn't for these channels being on the air! Only gripe I've got is it seems like they show all the good Mule deer/elk hunts during hunting season!!! When you're busy out hunting!!! Then when the off-season comes around all they mainly show is Whitetails, birds, AuntyLOPE, BASE fishing....you know the boring stuff.

I hate majestics outdoors its just mormon family hunting . Screw that idiot irratating as hell that Bybee freak never has his old lady but the rest of his family steals the show especially his old man I think treats him like crap and I cant stand to watch that oldf geezer

Kent Bybee is a real nice guy. He hunts hard and have ya noticed, he takes one shot and has his harvests. How about you tx.... he shares with his grandsons and with his granddaughter. I don't think religion has anything to do with 'family hunting' together and sharing time like they do. So ever family hunting camp all of us see this fall around the USA is just a mormon family hunting???? The Bybee's have been around for many, many years with the hunting show, they must be doing something right. Plus they are on the Outdoor channel not the Mens Channel.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-04 AT 05:18AM (MST)[p]Amen Robb, The whole Bybee family are a great bunch of people. Always fair chase and good shooting. And I don't remember them ever bringing their religion into the mix.

Best of the West is my favorite also on the mens channel(218). Although the blood spurting antelope was a bit much. I'm just happy there is another option when ODC show Gold mining.

Robb, How'd the sheep hunt go?
Larry

Hey txrightwinger, that is a hillarious post. I have not laughed that hard on this site in quite some time. I am still laughing.

I have been watching the Mens Chanel a lot this week, and I think I am going to have to pull a John Kerry and flip flop on my original post. The shows on the Men's Chanel are on a whole better than Outdoor Chanel. Lots of big game hunting and all I have seen are fair chase. Maybe its just that these are new and different shows that we never got to see before on Outdoor Chanel and that is what makes it more interesting. What ever it is I will keep watching.

I agree with an earlier poster on some of the stupid shows that OC airs. Like World of Outlaws, Gold Diggin, Bull Riddin, Nascar. I wish they would do a rerun of Primos or (for txrightwinger's sake) Majestics Outdoors so we could watch that Bybee freak and his old man slap each other around. LOL

"We MUST Hunt"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom