Mini 14 Barrels

YoungBuck

I just recently bought a Mini 14....I am thinking about buying a new barrel for it since I couldnt hit the broadside of a barn while I was trying to sight it in.
Any suggestions on barrels or what else could be wrong with it?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
YB

My advice is to shoot from inside the barn. Barrel work is pretty pricey on them. Get the trigger worked on too. They can be made accurate.

http://www.accuracysystemsinc.com/

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

Brownell's sells a Shilen heavy barrel for 200 bucks. It will have to be gunsmith installed. It has a target crown, pre-threaded and finished chamber. The gunsmith will have to install and index, cut extractor slot, and drill gas port. Will probably cost you as much as you payed for the gun. Good accuracy is not cheap.

RELH

I'm sorry that this is off track but the best you could do is sell the mini and buy an AR. Even with a 'rack" grade tube the AR will shoot circles around the mini all day.

I've seen 2000 bucks dumped into a mini and it still would not shoot as good as my tweaked 1000 buck AR would.

If you would be happy with 2-3inch groups at 100 yards with the cheapest ammo you can find, almost any AR will do that. Almost any AR given good ammo will shoot 1-1.5 inches. A good AR setup correctly will shoo 2-3 inches at 600 yards.

Jeff

Jeff,

I probly agree with all you said but are you sure you're not just still mad at Bill Ruger.........

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

Yeah I'm still mad. Still have pistols in the safe though. Still have a #1 on the dream list. Still have the redlabel ou on the list.....

Just an M1A is a gun. A mini 14 just is tough to make worthwhile in my books. While for the same amount you can get an AR that will shoot well.

You know how much ya'll paid for the opinion right ?

Jeff

Jeff is being truthful, I have seen numerous AR-15 HB with the 1 in 9 twist that will shoot minute of angle. I have not shot any Ruger mini-14 that will get under 2 inches at 100 yards without extensive custom work being done to it. This includes several mini-14s that their owner said "it's a tackdriver", must have been big headed tacks.

RELH

Jeff,
I have had a Ruger Red Label 12 ga. since 1987, it has performed flawlessly since the first day, used on everything from doves to a tundra swan. Had a #1 in .338 Mag, it shot well even though the trigger could have been better, I traded it in on a new Sako in .375 H&H, which has never been hunted with yet, so sometimes I still miss the #1. Never had or shot a mini 14.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom