Miss my grandpa

Three years ago today I lost the best friend, mentor, and grandfather a guy could ask for. Grandpa was always there for me and taught me so much. He instilled in me the importance of family, hard work and of course the love of the outdoors.
These are pictures of our last two hunts together about seven months before he passed.
4344picture_028.jpg

8084picture_or_video_095.jpg

Thanks for the memories grandpa

Hey A-Timberline,
Great pictures and tribute to your mentor!
Most of us had one, at one time or another and it is awesome that you are remembering him!
The only real way we can thank them is to keep "paying it forward" and mentor someone else! I hope you will have a son or even grandson to share some memories with!
Good on you my friend!

Sorry for your loss and great tribute. My grandpa that taught me all that I know about hunting and fishing just passed 3 weeks ago. It was a rough one for me. My brothers and I are meeting up this year on grandpas favorite fly fishing river this august in his memory.

That is so great that you appreciate and understand what your grandfather did for you. The real neat thing in all of this, is that he too got a great pay back for doing what he did.

Life has been great to me in almost every way. But there are two things in life that I have felt short changed in. One is that I never had a brother and the other is that I never had one grand parent. I was the youngest in our family and by the time I was born all my grand parents had passed. I had a great Mom and Dad, but having a grand parent is a huge and important part of life.

One other small regret I have is that I waited so long to marry. I was 35 when I first married, so that has made me an old grandpa. All my grandkids are under the age of ten, the the grandsons are all under age 5. I hope within a few years I can start taking some of them with me on my hunts as I truly realize the importance of the experience to which ABOVETIMBERLINE speaks.

You were very fortunate to have those times, but he has now passed the baton to you!

Handle it carefully.

Have a good one. BB

Ray, I miss my grandpa too, he has been gone since December 1975, he taught me alot about hunting and life....

OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom