Moab plane crash

4 people was killed.
Sunday was not a good day to be flying around in these parts. He was probably trying to land in Montecello and got blown over there.

High wind warnings, t-storms, and terrain are no bueno in a small plane. Very sad and 100% preventable.

Sunday was not a good day to be flying around in these parts. He was probably trying to land in Montecello and got blown over there.

High wind warnings, t-storms, and terrain are no bueno in a small plane. Very sad and 100% preventable.
Did you read the article?

Yes, several. Do you take exception to my opinion?

6 months from now the FAA will determine it’s pilot error.

Yes, several. Do you take exception to my opinion?

6 months from now the FAA will determine it’s pilot error.
Other than the article states "taking off from Canyon Lands air field" and you say "landing in Monticello".
Just out of wondering if you had other information.
Not a big deal

Other than the article states "taking off from Canyon Lands air field" and you say "landing in Monticello".
Just out of wondering if you had other information.
Not a big deal
My point was that the wind was so bad here on Sunday that in a small plane it wouldn’t have taken much more to blow you off the hill down to Moab.. Obviously being blown 50 miles off course was a gross exaggeration on my part. Sorta.

I’m looking forward to learning what kind of plane needs fuel after traveling only from Scottsdale to Moab. Most would go on to Montrose or GJ.

Regardless, a real shame.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom