money in the field

S

stinkystomper

we were talking about good luck hunting charms we carry in the field in the nm forums and it reminded me of mine which is a heck of a story that i gotta share.

my good luck charm came about 10 years ago. i was elk hunting with a muzzleloader in the gila in new mexico. i was so excited to leave for the hunt i forgot to take any spare boxers. well by the end of the first day i found myself in the field about 2 miles from the truck tryin to do the duck walk to the nearest toilet paper. i finally realized i was about to have a blowout and dropped my pants just fast enough to avoid total catastrophe. well moments later and 20lbs lighter i started to wonder what to do for paper. well i decided the old pinecone trick would work. i grabbed what i thought was an olderish pine cone only to find out it had hung in the tree during the weathering process. it still had trace amounts of sap which wasnt very pleasant. i decided to forgoe anymore pinecones and rocks were non existent. now what? i knew i had no more boxers and i desperately needed the socks. well necessity gave through to need and the boxers were quickly sacraficed. only minutes later i realized i needed much more paper. i dug into my pockets and pulled out a wad of cash. about 20 $1 bills a few fives 2 tens a $20 and a $50. i used every inch of every one dollar bill. then i pulled out the $10 and ever so carefully used it. with faint streaks still on the $10 i decided a final check with the $20 was in order. finally i was done. the $20 only had one dark streak and several skid marks so i figured it was salvageable. now lets not forget that im not exactly dumb. i took each bill to a nearby tree and impelled them to the branches hoping a rainstorm might blow through and launder my money for me. well on the third day of the hunt i found myself hunting with no boxers and a shitty $20 in my pocket. next thing i know im chasin down this bull buglin like crazy. at 80 yards we crossed paths and the buck fever was so bad that ibarely hit him in the spine over the flank to bring him down. end product was that i had a 340 type beautiful 6x6 on the ground. i was pretty proud of myself and couldnt pack that dude to camp fast enough to show it off to friends i had been hunting with. first person i met back at camp was an older gentleman i had hunted with a few times named bob. he congratulated me and shook my hand. told me i'd had a heckuva morning but that he definitely was having better luck. i asked him where his bull was. he said he didnt get a bull but on his morning hunt he saw the damnedest thing. supposedly he was walking down an elk trail when he came across this tree with money hangin from the limbs. he said it honest to god looked like a money tree. he went on to say it even appeared that the ripest bills had already fallen from the branches and had fallen in the dirt and collected some mud over the last week or so. i had forgot that i refused to hang the crappiest bills. i also had forgotten about the toilet paper ordeal and the fact we hadnt even seen a dark cloud sense. i just looked at bob and started dying laughing. i never did tell him why i was laughing. he folded up the money n put it back in his pocket and kept passing it around to everyone bragging about what he found. finally one guy caught on to the fact i wouldnt touch the money and kept laughing evertime bob would pull it out and start handling it. well from that moment on my good luck charm is that $20 bill i kept and the fact that my biggest animals are killed without boxers.

so anyone else have any crazy charms?

btw. bob went and hand washed every single bill in the sink with dishsoap. then he stuck em to the windshield of his truck to dry. i didnt even bother asking for that money back. i figured he earned it.

I seen one of them Tree's on Dutton but I didn't touch it!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

It's been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
But this is still the place
That we all call home

yeah but there was only one trail into the tree and one trail out. thats how i bait a bobcat. then i place a double set of traps. one for each foot. those werent cow pies bessy!

One mans crap, is another mans treasure

John 3:16
THE LORD IS MY ROCK
NRA LIFE MEMBER
marines.jpg

fox14.gif

I tried to wipe my azz with a dollar once!!! It hurt like heck...Try wiping your azz with 3 quarters, 2 dimes and a nickle!!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

>I seen one of them Tree's
>on Dutton but I didn't
>touch it!:D
>
>
>
>[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
>
>If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM
>TO ME!
>
>
>
>
> It's been a long hard
>ride
> Got a ways to go
>
> But this is still the
>place
> That we all call home
>
>
I know a tree that got pee'd on every morning on the Dutton, it almost ended up as firewood!!

Stinky the only part of that story that I believe is the part where you say that you barely hit the elk in the spine and killed it.

You have SERIOUS issues if you can't get it cleaned up with a whole pair of boxers......?

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

>You have SERIOUS issues if you
>can't get it cleaned up
>with a whole pair of
>boxers......?
>
>"I could eat a bowl of
>Alphabet Soup and
>sh!t a better argument than that!"
>

nickman, when you're as full of sh!t as stinky is, only a pressure washer would work to clean up his mess. I'm just amazed there was anything left besides his skin and a pair of boots.

TUCC

hell most of you city boys got big new trucks. campers. no money left for paper,,,

Slammy, if that sherriff in panguitch reads that he gonna shoot you next time you to meet.

and yes i did need a lot of paper. every had one of those nervous terds? Its not really a terd but more like a pile of tar that you would loose a shoe in if you stepped in it. Looked more like a cow pie. Lets just say it was ugly!

I bet I could of sold you a roll of TP for a clean hundred dollar bill. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom