Montana Experts - What to do?

1BigDeer

NeMont, MtMuley, MtMiller and any others I am seeking your advice. I was hoping to be living in MT this June, but the economy has kept me in Kodiak at least one more year (not terrible!). I had to put in for my big game combination license or lose my one point. Needless to say I drew it. I have hunted eastern MT whenever I drew a tag since the late 1980's. I had a chance at a huge (190+ B&C) perfect 6 X 6 whitetail but I have always used my A tag for a mule deer. I will be applying for the CMR elk permit and hope that I do not draw it. What I would like to do is hunt for a big whitetail and probably just not elk hunt. Is it too late to find a ranch on some of the famed river country ranches for whitetail? I would sincerely appreciate any suggestions/ideas. Thanks a lot.

It certainly is not too late to find a place to hunt whitetails. They do not even know what will or won't be in the BMA program at this point.

I am not sharing specific info on the open forum.

Nemont

Most, if not all of the good whitetail hunting in my area is difficult access. The prime areas are owned by wealthy, mostly out-of-state landowners. The Seely Lake area holds some bruiser bucks, and has good public access, although tough thick timber hunting. Good Luck. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom