Montana fall bear hunt/outfitter

armybrat

I will be coming back to Montana for a fall bear hunt, I failed to fill my tag in the spring. Just wondering if anyone that hunts deer and elk in southwest montana is willing to share a spot were they have freqeuntly encoutered black bears while hunting. Like I said not interested in hunting deer and elk in anyones spot just want to fill my bear tag. Also was wondering if any BMU's hold good numbers of bears. I came up last year in the fall and could not figure the bears out. I have had good luck in the spring seeing bears but the fall is a whole different story. Anyways just looking for some info from the archery/rifle hunters that hunt southwest montana that know an area that bears frequent. Also, I am usually a DIY hunter but am starting to think I would be money ahead just hiring an outfitter. I have been to Montana 7 different trips in the last two years and have not been able to close the deal on a bear. I have seen bears just having trouble closing the deal. I just think that I could gain a lot of information from someone that has done it before, increasing my chances next time I go at it alone. So if anyone knows someone that guides for black bear in the fall that would be great. Most outfitters I have talked to only do a combination black bear hunts in the fall.

Thanks

I am willing to share any info I have on Utah, Idaho, and Colorado deer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom