Montana Moose!

MQQSE

I guess my handle brought me some luck today. I lucked into a unit 103 moose tag for Montana. I think I had 12 or 13 points. If anyone is familiar with the area and has time to talk one of these evenings I'm all ears. It's a pretty out of the way area, so it'll be interesting to see if anyone has spent any time up there.

Good luck to all those who drew in MT.

Way to go MQQSE!
I can't help you except to cheer for your good luck in the drawing.
Have a great hunt,
Zeke

Thanks Robb and Zeke! I was out looking at trucks today. I don't want to break down on this month long safari. I'm gonna start in Unit 9 AZ in early September for antelope, then head north to SS Diamond Mountain for early rifle elk, then I am moving east to help my Father in Law on WY antelope in Unit 63. From there it will be time to head north to hunt moose in Montana.

If all goes well the wife will take me back in for about 6-7 weeks. Then it will be time to skip Thanksgiving and head to Utah to fill the two Henry Bison tags we have.

I'm going to sport a bumper sticker that says "Have Steaks, Need help eating them"

I feel sorry for you.
I'll take a couple bison BS steaks off your hands. It's been decades since I was on a buff hunt down there. Tough but super fun.
I'll be on Diamond Mountain in a couple weeks. Wife's fam has a place and I've been promising to take her out. Now's the time.
It sounds like you'll need a new truck! I do too but mine will just get a motor when I have a couple dimes to rub together. Until then my scouting will be from the wife's Tahoe. Nice ride but not a truck.
I wonder how my moose will look on the top luggage rack of her ride????

Zeke

Zeke

My wife and I hunted moose in WY a few years ago and I loaded the whole darn thing (antlers, nuggets, meat and all) into the back of her Jeep Commander. One big fat rutty bull moose.

Thanks God for that proof of sex law! She didn't let me live that down for a while. I'll try and dig up photos.

Would those be pictures of you proving you could still have sex? haha We aint gonna believe it with out pics.

Yelum

Haha

I aint got pics of that! But I'll get some tonight if I have to prove it!!

I'll be back in a bit!

Congrats MQQSE!
You and Zeke will both need new trucks to haul out those bulls.
By the way some of us old guys shut down before we can be shot down. What a sad predicament!

I want one more of these!!

8436image.jpg

MQQSE,
A couple quick questions for you:

Is that you with a shiras moose? Helluva bull!

Is that your wife at the cabin? Looks plenty frisky to me but then it's none of my business. (even though you brought up evidence of sex) haha

Zeke

"Have Steaks, Need help eating them"

To damn funny Adam!!

Live this year/fall hunting to your fullest my friend!!

Robb

Zeke

Yes and yes. Good thing I got the bull on the first day and had a ten day hunt planned!

I harvested that bull on the first day of my hunt after a ten year wait. An awesome experience, but I would have loved to hunt a little longer. Now I get that chance!

Hey MQQSE,

Congrats on the moose tag!

The pic of your wife at the cabin seems familiar. Seems to me I read the story about your first moose in maybe Huntin' Fool? Had to wade across a frozen creek or something to pack it out. Your wife is not really a hunter but helped you pack it out? Was it also a Montana bull?

Horniac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom