Montana Mystery critter

7thgenmt

Can you Id the critter pictured next to the elk in the 2013 MT regs?MT F&G doesnt even know what the game they are printing regs for look like.

Im thinking red stag body,elk brow tines,wt rack on one side and Md on the other?

Its a wapideerabou! I have like 57 points. Hope to draw soon. Anyone know a good wapideerabou guide?

Most likely an Eld's deer. Maybe a Peer David's deer but face looks too short. Neither or native to Montana.

They are not native to Montana and if you read the regulations you'll find that they have no associated season in the State.

They are not a protected species and because of that they can be hunted and taken by any means and at any time of the year. My favorite method is spotlighting while driving the forest roads.

I've shot several of them. They make a nice trophy and the meat is great.

Some of you guys guessed correctly, it's a Eur-Asian collared delk.

Zeke

Its a unicouesdelk. You see the unicorns occasionally breed with the coues whitetail and elk, thats why you have the strange rack that appears every so often. The best time to find these is around the 32nd of each month, and quite often they are found with sasquatch so use caution.

Rhett Connolly
www.SantanaOutdoors.com
"Premium Hunting Gear"

I believe I have one on my trail cam. I'd have to look I do have a few cam pics of a the elusive jackalope as well

I hope the proof reader isn't a hunter.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Looks like an un-palmented fallow buck. I have seen a few in my lifetime that actucally kinda look like that. The strong forward sweeping brow tines are a good giveaway.

I have no idea what that is supposed to be, but it and the big bull must either be stupid or high fenced because there really close to the two guys!! HAHA

Seems like they hired some internet intern to design the logo and that person stepped in their own sh_t!

"Thanx and heres your check for several thousand dollars",the whole program has back fired,now land owners threaten to take their land out of the program in order to blackmail the F&G and the hunters into making whatever decisions the land owners want to happen,they should sh*tcan the whole deal.This add sums up the whole program,a cluster F waste of money.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-03-13 AT 08:08AM (MST)[p]Reminds of the goof up in the movie "The Deer Hunter." They're supposedly hunting in the wilds of Pennsylvania, but when they show a deer fleeing over the hill, it's a red stag.

The one pictured above could also be an axis or sika deer.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom