Moose Hunting Wyoming Unit 22

K

KDB

It looks to me that unit 22 is about the only unit that I have a chance of drawing with 10 points. My hunting partner,who also has 10 point is over-weight and 71 years old. So my questions are? Is 22 a tough unit to hunt? And are there any good outfitters that guide in 22?

Thank

KDB

There are actualy several units you could draw as either a resident or non resident. Click the draw odds link on the very top right of this site.

Yes it is a tough unit. South end, noble basin is easier country wiht more roads. Small bulls but ok numbers. Check the WYOGA website for outfitters. Your friend is not gettng any younger and i doubt he is getting in better shape so why not give it a try. That unit is not improving with age.

>Your friend is not gettng
>any younger and i doubt
>he is getting in better
>shape so why not give
>it a try. That
>unit is not improving with
>age.

+1
Best advice on the internet today!
Zeke

I had a resident moose tag in 2011 for Unit 10 which adjoins 22 to the west. I covered a lot of ground in the 11-12 days that I hunted. I was DIY and hunted on foot.Most of the time I was solo. The only moose I saw was the one I took(42"). I don't think that Unit 10 has improved over time. I had deer and elk hunted the same area for 10 years prior to 2011. During those years, I saw numerous bulls and a couple of real dandys. The numbers seemed way down to me in 2011, but I could be wrong.

If you are going to put in for this area, I would plan my hunt for the last two weeks of the season. Plan on some colder weather at that time of the year. I remember that the temperature for the last two days of my hunt was in the low teens. I butchered and hung my moose without help. All the meat was packed out in backpacks for the 3+ mile trip. You will need help if you plan on hunting very far from a road. The country is beautiful and I enjoyed every minute that I was there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom