moose tooth aging

ce61

G&F said 2/20 results out for tooth aging of animals, but I don't see anything. are they not out or am I looking in the wrong place. thanks for any input. ce61

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-15 AT 03:33PM (MST)[p]When my dad gave his to game and fish they lost it so he never got to find the age out

My Dad got his tooth data back right on schedule...5.5 years old.

DSCN9427.JPG

I remember waiting for that info to post online....and how disappointed I was when it did. Killed a bull with good palms pushing 40" wide...and the tooth aging results said he was only 2-1/2 years old.

That's just not possible. If it weren't for some broken points, that bull would have made P&Y. Based on photo comparisons, I had him at 4-1/2....with +/- one year being a possibility.

I did break one of the teeth getting it out....so they only had one tooth to examine. Thinking maybe that caused a flawed result?
(i.e. could the software divide the data by two?)

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-15 AT 06:39AM (MST)[p]>I remember waiting for that info
>to post online....and how disappointed
>I was when it did.
>Killed a bull with good
>palms pushing 40" wide...and the
>tooth aging results said he
>was only 2-1/2 years old.
>
>
>That's just not possible. If it
>weren't for some broken points,
>that bull would have made
>P&Y. Based on photo comparisons,
>I had him at 4-1/2....with
>+/- one year being a
>possibility.
>
>I did break one of the

>teeth getting it out....so they
>only had one tooth to
>examine. Thinking maybe that caused
>a flawed result?
>(i.e. could the software divide the
>data by two?)

Freaks happen my uncle got a 203"whitetail off my dads a few years ago, he got it aged didn't believe the bio so he had it aged by someone else they said the same 3 1/2 year old 203"buck a freak of nature.

I got mine back a few years ago from Unit 10. The bull was wide but had nothing for paddles. I thought 2 1/2 years old and it came back 6 1/2 years old. Packing it out on my back made me wish it had been a calf.

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-15
>AT 10:47?AM (MST)

>
>8 1/2 years old
>
>
80472013_bull_moose.jpg

Damn nice trophy bull!

"anticipation, experience, memories. The 3 stages of a hunting adventure"

Zeke

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom