moose

S

scottbenson

Hi there,

I unexpectedly drew the Wasatch Once in a lifetime moose hunt that goes from Sept 13-Oct 16. The problem is that I will be out of the country for 2 weeks after opening day. I am hoping that I can get some help finding a wall hanger. I would really like to kill one opening day if possible.

If there is anyone willing to help, please contact me a [email protected]

Thanks so much.

Scott

LAST EDITED ON Jul-21-14 AT 01:12PM (MST)[p]Don't be surprised if very few people on here chime in to help - your first post is soliciting information that has taken some people years to compile. My advice is to wing it, or turn the tag in and apply when you have adequate time to research and scout.

MMM

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-14 AT 03:46PM (MST)[p]Hire a guide if you don't have time to scout...otherwise get out there every weekend. My mechanic took a nice one out there year before last and he spent all his free time out there scouting. You'll shoot a moose, but no guarantees on a wall-hanger.

Hire a guide, or start scouting, or turn in your tag, or dont leave for 2 weeks. Pretty simple. I see very nice bulls every year, but i never seem to find them sitting home. Sorry!

Who is to say he is not out scouting, Maybe he has yet to find what he is looking for.Its a once-in-a-lifetime tag would you turn it in (no way you would). Before you are quick to judge people you might want to think these things out before you just go trash a guy for your thinking he is lazy. It's a once-in-a-lifetime tag I would use every available resource I had as well. INSTEAD OF BASH PEOPLE, JUST DON'T REPLY.

Don't worry about the first 2 weeks. Why rush a morning hunt or kill because you can't hunt for the following 2 weeks? That seems like a waste of time unless all you care about is a set of antlers. The last 2 weeks are the best to hunt. Hunt when you get back and you'll do better anyway. Scout now and see where moose are and then hunt them in Oct after the leaves fall and you can enjoy it.

BHUNTIN, he never said he had been scouting, 1st post asking for a wall hanger, going to be gone for 2 weeks. I dont know, but I have been here for many years, but it sounds like he looking for a hand out. Just judging by the what I read. It would have been better to explain a little more, like hes been out scouting X times and had seen X amount of smaller bulls, I have tried X areas and havent had much luck. At least show some effort, then people are more willing to help out. Sorry, just saying how I see it. I know where there are several "wall hangers". I have been out with the family riding in the hills, hiking for fun, scouting, and have seen a few good ones. Just have to get out.

I agree dpb.
The tough part isn't only having a couple weeks to hunt but it would be the "gone for 2 weeks and then hunting for 2 weeks"!
There are darn few guys who can be gone for a month straight. I'll hunt about a month+ but it'll be spread over 3 months.
Zeke

My son showed me a pic of 2 bulls in Daniels right below the campground he took on his way to Strawberry last week. 1 Bull looked pretty good, but they were in the willows right off the road.

Stonefly,

Thanks for the information. I have been watching that bull for a couple of weeks now. It is in the area where I bow hunt for Elk. Thanks for keeping an eye open for me....much appreciated.

Scott

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-14 AT 10:48AM (MST)[p]Scott,
Are you keeping the tag or have you decided yet?
I suspect there will be plenty of help if you commit to the tag... maybe you've received been plenty of help anyways.
I just never heard if you were keeping it or turning it back and I suspect there are guys, like me, who would help with info but they want to know if you're hunting of just fishing.
Zeke

Edit; I just received a PM from Scott and responded to him. Thanks Scott for the shout.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom