More nails in our deer herds coffin

NECALI

Just heard today that fish and wildlife is being asked to make coyotes a game animal and to sell tags to legally hunt them. Also the laws on lion control has changed. Before if a lion was hanging out in a habited neiborhood it could be killed for the health and welfare of the residents. Not anymore. Now they( federal trappers) will have to live trap and relocate the lion. Even if it is hanging out around a school full of kids. Also when it comes to depredation permits, they used to be able to kill more than one lion if they found more than one that had been killing livestock in the area. All they needed was a verbal OK from fish and game. Not anymore. Now they can only kill one lion at a site at a time.
This is not what our deer herds need. I don't think people in this state have a clue as to what I would consider common sense. Let's just let all the predators eat drink and be merry. Nature will even things out. We all know good and well what the anti's are trying to get done. We don't need hunting and won't have the deer to hunt anyway. Sad!

Can you post up a link of these changes and new laws?

Joey

Joey"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Anymore it's about how to make money because they can't manage our deer,hogs and coyotes don't need help they will be around forever like rats and not a dime is needed to manage them but they will be a profit making machine for the State,if this new law is true,this state is truly a bigger P.O.S run by idiots.

I would like to see a game warden enforce tags for coyotes. I don't pick them up and I have a helluva time finding them even when I shoot them. I miss alot too:) Aren't the Cali Fish Cops Glorified Drug enforcement cops now anyway?? According to wild justice they are....

Joey, I don't have a link to post up. I was told this by the federal trapper in this area. He deals with the fish and wildlife all the time. He did say the name of the gal that is pushing for the coyote changes. I think her name is Camilia Cox or Fox,not sure. Apparently she has a reputation to get things done in Cal.

Dean

OK, because i had more time this morning and the name you provided, was able to come up with this link. There is lots of stuff available on-line, "Camillia Fox Fish wildlife", on the subjects at hand and yes, things are looking much worse for the prey animal in favor of the predators.

I do see some resistance by sensible feedback and the "Balance by Science" plan in future policy's doesn't bother me at all but the anti's claim the responsible ranchers should fence better to keep predators out of their livestock fields is insane.

http://www.sfgate.com/science/article/Wildlife-agency-tries-to-bridge-divide-4284947.php#page-2

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Thanks, Sage. Also go to Camillia Cox Project Coyote and there's a bunch of anti hunting garbage. I would attach the link here if I knew how, but I don't. They claim that the coyote contest at Adin was illegal? Don't know how they come up with that idea, other than they were saying that OR-7 and other uncollared wolves might of been in the area. I didn't know that if a wolf might be on national forest land then all predator hunting was off limits on that national forest. But I think thats what they're trying to push.

Dean

You guys just don't understand!!:D These poor critters are just looking for a better home. I propose that if all these morons want to not allow coyote & cat hunting that they do the following.

1 - They pay to have these critters trapped (alive)
2 - They pay to have them relocated to their house. I do not want to see these critters hurt or killed by traffic, so they must keep them indoors.
3 - They each need to take a wild mustang or two also.

It makes me feel old to say this(starting to sound like my Dad use to)but this country is going to hell quick.

Bill

Unfortunately, Cali is the perfect spawning grounds for these eco extremists to both push their agenda's and test the waters for new ones to be propagated throughout the country. With the money train slowly drying up for the wolf project, these groups will continue to target predators, knowing full well the touchy feely sentiment of the general public can be manipulated to their liking. And I don't see it letting up any time soon.

The ticking of the clock measuring our hunting heritages' demise is more rapidly approaching the midnight hour with little to be done to stop it. It's getting harder and harder to keep from throwing up in my mouth when I read/hear about these things...

www.unitedwildlifecooperative.org

They don't care!!!!

It's getting rid of hunting they are attempting.

Most of the guys that hunt the Adin hunt, hunt in Nevada anyways.

Interesting read. Don't know if it will do any good. Seems many are saying that they need to stop hunting so the lions ,coyotes, and other predators have animals to eat...

http://www.sfgate.com/outdoors/article/Lions-are-hungry-and-all-are-at-risk-4303621.php

That Los Vaqueros Res is the big lake at the foot of My Grandparents big Ranch that i posted about in the, "thought i'd share" thread.

As a child thru my mid 30's, there was never once a mt. lion reported or seen in those hills, not one! Also, after many years of scouring every foot of those hills, i finally saw my first coyote as a late teenager while out scouting one evening. I big time noticed the reduction in deer numbers within 4-5 years of seeing that first yote and it got much worse by the time, 10-15 years later, we had sold the majority of our properties. I'm now told, was down there recently for a Funeral in the Family, that a deer is a hard thing to find in what once was a deer haven. They have been darn near wiped out by the predators and very few get to hunt any of that whole Mt range any more so hunting can't be the blame of the greatly reduced numbers.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

"Seems many are saying that they need to stop hunting so the lions ,coyotes, and other predators have animals to eat..."

Feed them some liberals. there's plenty in this state to go around...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I've seen this whole thing coming for years.
As they slip further and further away from the rural lifestyle, the non hunting urban masses of this state have less and less stomach for any kind of hunting especially the thought of hunting for trophies or furs.
I cringed as I watched this coyote thing unfold.
I saw it unravel in every major newspaper in California over the last several weeks, and in several of those newspapers and ALSO in the main petition drive to ban coyote hunting contests, they used my photos to turn the public against us.

http://www.change.org/petitions/ca-dept-of-fish-wildlife-f-g-commission-stop-coyote-killing-contest

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2013/01/31/18731088.php

As far away as New York City and Europe, websites used my photo to turn the public opinion.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=159722967510375&id=279298835461146

I posted that photo here a couple years ago when sharing the success of the Adin Coyote contest that I participated in....big mistake.

I feel absolutely horrible that I unknowingly contributed to this debacle.

I watch my hunting heritage unraveling before my eyes.

I'm taking the wife on a long vacation to Wyoming this year and am praying that she can love it like I do in an effort to relocate to a gun and hunting friendly environment.
I'm watchimg this disease of liberalism and environmental activism spread across this great country like a black plague, destroying our western heritage like a cancer from within.
Colorado, once a great western retreat with gorgeous scenery and spectacular wildlife has sadly fallen victim to this destructive disease, no steel leg hold traps, no spring bear hunting, legalized pot, a push for gay marriage and an ever growing liberal population that despises hunting and any other consumptive use of natural resources.

I'm so humiliated to be a Californian anymore, where I was once proud of what I had done here with my son and close friends, I now am shamed by the license plate on my vehicles.

With Governor Jerry Brown's pen still wet from signing the ban of bear & bobcat hunting with hounds, and our illustrious senators busily signing new even more restrictive gun legislation and Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsome a pivotal player in the Mountain Lion Coalition (His father founded it in order to put special protection on lions in 1990) and with the new democratic super-majority firmly entrenched in our state government, we conservative gun owning Californians are screwed like never before in my lifetime.

I fear that I will struggle to leave as my wife is so attached to friends & family here but am urging my son to find new hope in one of the last few remaining strongholds of our way of life, somewhere where you can still be proud to be a hunter and gun owner.

I openly apologize to all for my unforeseen contribution to this sad state of affairs.

Unfortunately I do not see this ending well for the sportsmen of this state.

HH

HH,

I truly do feel your pain as i came to the same conclusions 7 years ago. I absolutely loved the diversity of the wilds in Cali for 30 odd years. I left friends and family to find my last stronghold as well, with a short stop in Utah until I settle in Montana. Don't be so hard on yourself. Pictures and stories are pulled off the net by many of those groups to further their pocket books and agendas, no fault is yours. It's tough to fight against a money machine spending hundreds of millions of dollars a year to brainwash the common folk and lay in bed with dirty politicians.

I sometimes feel the plight of the hunter these days is very similar to that of the American Indian, slowly losing their lands and heritage, retreating to any last bastion of hope they could find until, ultimately, it was all gone.

It's amazing what a little time in beautiful country with kind and good country folks can do for the soul. I hope your wife can find it within her heart to love a new land as you do... Good luck.

www.unitedwildlifecooperative.org

HH, I agree with you all they way about moving out of Ca. My kids living here would of been one thing that would have kept me here after I retire ( hopefully in 7 years ). But now my son has decided to go to line mans school and will probably end up moving his family out. My daughter and her family are looking at a job opportunity in Southern Ca. So it looks like we might be moving out after all. We will look forward to it wholeheartedly. We were up at Cedarville last weekend and were talking to some nice folks up there that sell guns and ammo. They told us that about 200 people have left that small area and about 1000 have left Alturas. They probably didn't leave for the reasons we would but it shows that California is in the tank. It will probably never recover with law makers doing the things they're doing. Very anti- business and definitely anti hunting. The masses ARE turning against hunting and even fishing. Remember the quacks that were calling fish or something sea kittens.

Dean

Boy, I just read one of the links HH posted. Those people are really out for blood in trying to stop hunting. Making comments about the Adin coyote contest. Which is what they think about all hunting. Calling it;
A lack of compassion
Reckless
In humane
Unethical
Unjust persecution
Bloodthirsty
Corrupt
Slaughter and
Is it something we want to teach our children.
Your right EEL it does make you feel dirty.

Dean

Here's a question for you? How much of the money that we as hunters and outdoorsmen spend here in California actually goes to the betterment of our wildlife populations? Sure it helps maintain jobs on our wildlife refuges. It also goes to pay the salaries of our wardens and biologists. But really the majority of the money pads the pockets of the bureaucrats in Sacramento that are destroying not only our wildlife but also our way of life. So how do we change this? We probably can't vote out the knuckleheads in Sacramento. We simply don't have the majority here in Liberalville. So what does that leave us? Well this may seem radical but what if we all boycotted buying hunting or fishing licenses or deer tags for one year here in California? Remember it's the money that WE spend that is funding this nonsense. There are other states close to ours that would welcome our dollars spent and the money we would spend there is used in positive ways. I am a big fan of hunting in Nevada, Wyoming, Arizona, and Montana. By not spending money on your California hunting license multiple deer tags bear tag fishing license etc. and a little prudent savings you could easily go to Wyoming and have a magnificent antelope hunt every year or two. I know it's a lot to ask giving up hunting in your home turf? But if we can all just cut back a little bit by maybe only purchasing 1 deer tag instead of two...not getting a bear tag (what's the point anyways?)...think of the economic impact. Do you think PETA or the humane society is going to chip in for any budget shortfall? Let's show Sacramento that were not willing to fund their misguided, ridiculous policies any more! Who's in?

Another year, another trainload of rules, regulations and restrictions.
Ahhhh California, the anti freedom state.
I need to GTFO.

http://www.gopusa.com/.../ca-gun-owners-rush-to-beat.../

CA gun owners rush to beat shotgun and rifle registration law
A new California law that requires stores to register the sale of rifles and shot guns with the state has helped spur businesses at gun shops in Redding as consumers rush to beat the Jan. 1 deadline.

California Bans Lead Ammunition

http://www.fieldandstream.com/.../california-bans-lead...

Ca governor bans hound-hunting of bears, bobcats

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/.../20120929/NEWS/120929893

How the Bay Area's no-burn ban punishes Spare the Air day violators

The Bay Area's coldest months of the year are the times when wood burning is banned on winter Spare the Air days

http://www.contracostatimes.com/.../how-bay-areas-no-burn...

More than 800 new laws added in California

http://www.sfgate.com/.../More-than-800-new-laws-added-in...

The added laws run the gamut, from the controversial - such as gun-control measures and protections for transgender and undocumented people - to the lesser known about teen texting and home improvement requirements. Some of the most talked about laws have delayed implementations, such as the $1-per-...

1526535_230196367152864_1600887430_n.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom