More pigs

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I got this from my daughter. Her new family in central CA.

pigs.jpg

Nice shooting on that group of pigs!

Great time of year to be hunting them with the moist ground (no dust), green hills (their dark to black bodies really stand out against the green background), cool weather (don‘t have to worry too much about meat spoilage yet), and the lack of flies/insects that are just around the corner…

Horniac

I’ve never eaten wild/feral hogs but if they taste anything domestic I believe I’d make sure I had a freezer full of those before I went looking for antlers.

As deer numbers decline…….mmmmm.

Spring hunting would be a great addition to the schedule.

I’ve never eaten wild/feral hogs but if they taste anything domestic I believe I’d make sure I had a freezer full of those before I went looking for antlers.

As deer numbers decline…….mmmmm.

Spring hunting would be a great addition to the schedule.
I've only eaten part of one and that was in the fall of the year when the acorns were on the ground. Really good.

I killed a pig in San Miguel when I was younger. Had it processed locally. The first batch of chops I ate were not good. Tried another package...not good. From there on, every pig I have killed gets made into sausage.

I'd also like to take my son on a pig hunt but don't want to travel quite as far as Red Bluff to do it. I know guides are charging upwards of $850 for a pig hunt these days which seems a fair price. Compare that to when I was 20 paying $200 it seems as inflation is woke. Any one have connections in the Paso Robles area for a fairly priced pig hunt?

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom