Morgan Creek Ranch

stinky

I got an email from the CPW. It would seem that somebody turned in a tag for RFW on the Morgan Creek Ranch. I just paid for it to be re-issued to me. The problem is that I don't really know that much about it. I sorta got caught flat-footed. The tag is an Either-Sex Deer. The season date is at a bad time. I am obligated to work the 1st season. (11/10-14) and the 2nd season (12/1-5) will be cut shut because of family issues.

I may just shoot a doe....maybe not.

Anyways, anybody hunted in there and have any pointers?

I didn't think they reissued RFW tags, so I learned something today. Regardless I would put a call into the ranch manager to see what they have to say about this years hunting. I can only say that the winterkill is/was something last year that none of us have ever endured, but I still so a few good pictures of animals coming out NW CO.

When I hunted RFW, it was difficult to know much about it so you’re probably not far behind. Read the ranch RFW information online, call the ranch contact on their RFW page, study the boundaries using onx, study the terrain using onx and google earth. This is what I did. One question to ask the contact/ranch manager is what the profile and number of bucks looks like so you can decide what to pass and what to shoot if you can go more than one day. Also ask about the roads, difficulties getting around, need chains, etc.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom