moved to Kali!!!

cjboz

Very Active Member
Well boys sorry I have been away for a while. Taking care of the kids, job searching and moving to Redding have taken up a bunch of my time. The kids are growing,doing great. I would have never thought a couple 5 month old kids would be this much fun.

I grew up here in Palo Cedro and moved to Texas for college. Coming back is a lot of fun. My wife and I had a falling out working for her dad, so we were looking for some new atmosphere. My parents live here so that is a big help with the kids and a lot of fun.

Jobs are hard to come by, but I found a few to take care of things until I find something I really like. I plan to go back to school and start my MBA this spring in the evenings. and then??

Hate to move from that hot, droughty SOB of Texas, but I guess I can get back into hunting and fishing here in Cali. The good thing is all of the ranchers and around dwon there told me to come back anytime for some whitey and coyote hunting. Headed to the Trinity this weekend to get my salmon arm back in shape. Man have I missed the water and the Mountains.

Thanks B-Bop for your concern. I will be on here more regular now:)

Any of you MM junkies live around Redding or the North state?

Well boys sorry I have been away for a while. Taking care of the kids, job searching and moving to Redding have taken up a bunch of my time. The kids are growing,doing great. I would have never thought a couple 5 month old kids would be this much fun.

I grew up here in Palo Cedro and moved to Texas for college. Coming back is a lot of fun. My wife and I had a falling out working for her dad, so we were looking for some new atmosphere. My parents live here so that is a big help with the kids and a lot of fun.

Jobs are hard to come by, but I found a few to take care of things until I find something I really like. I plan to go back to school and start my MBA this spring in the evenings. and then??

Hate to move from that hot, droughty SOB of Texas, but I guess I can get back into hunting and fishing here in Cali. The good thing is all of the ranchers and around dwon there told me to come back anytime for some whitey and coyote hunting. Headed to the Trinity this weekend to get my salmon arm back in shape. Man have I missed the water and the Mountains.

Thanks B-Bop for your concern. I will be on here more regular now:)

Any of you MM junkies live around Redding or the North state?

Just checkin on ya boz!

So you pissed the In-Laws off huh?:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Just checkin on ya boz!

So you pissed the In-Laws off huh?:D

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-11 AT 07:41PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-11 AT 07:38?PM (MST)

:) Just the FIL. I offered to give him a "tune up" but he declined sadly! Long story, but it is definitely the best move for my family. Divorce is not only for marriages, you can divorce family too.lol The wife is excited about moving up here. A lot of recreation and a quality positive environment for us and the kids. Working in a family business is tough as hell. I would rather be poor and happy than rich and miserable. his loss our gain.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-11 AT 07:41PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-11 AT 07:38?PM (MST)

:) Just the FIL. I offered to give him a "tune up" but he declined sadly! Long story, but it is definitely the best move for my family. Divorce is not only for marriages, you can divorce family too.lol The wife is excited about moving up here. A lot of recreation and a quality positive environment for us and the kids. Working in a family business is tough as hell. I would rather be poor and happy than rich and miserable. his loss our gain.

Good Luck boz!

It's none of my Business but WTH was up with you FIL?

Good Luck boz!

It's none of my Business but WTH was up with you FIL?

Good for you & hope it all works out. Take away the Bay Area & LA basin (with exceptions of the fellow MM'rs that live there, of course) & Kali has as much to offer as anywhere else. Most misunderstood state with regard to the fact 90% of it is an outdoorsman's paradise.

Not as far north as you....hope everything goes good for you!

Good for you & hope it all works out. Take away the Bay Area & LA basin (with exceptions of the fellow MM'rs that live there, of course) & Kali has as much to offer as anywhere else. Most misunderstood state with regard to the fact 90% of it is an outdoorsman's paradise.

Not as far north as you....hope everything goes good for you!

Working for family is tuff.I worked for my FIL in his construction business for 15 years.They where always in my business and when hunting season came he always said we where to busy to take time off.Best thing I ever did was go to work some where else you will not regret it.

Working for family is tuff.I worked for my FIL in his construction business for 15 years.They where always in my business and when hunting season came he always said we where to busy to take time off.Best thing I ever did was go to work some where else you will not regret it.

Boz, welcome home! Redding isn't exactly cold in the summer. But it's a dry heat.:)

Head west on 299 until you hit the fog, that's me!

Enjoy all the public land. Redding is a great spot!

Eel

Boz, welcome home! Redding isn't exactly cold in the summer. But it's a dry heat.:)

Head west on 299 until you hit the fog, that's me!

Enjoy all the public land. Redding is a great spot!

Eel

BOZ....well I am about 3-1/2 to 4 hours south of you in the Redwood Empire in from the coast. I will be going with two friends up to Corning this coming July 23rd, a friend might buy another "Car". Due west of you over at the coast town of Eureka is where "EELGRASS" lives.

Welcome back to Kali and at least you picked the NORTH PART OF STATE.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

BOZ....well I am about 3-1/2 to 4 hours south of you in the Redwood Empire in from the coast. I will be going with two friends up to Corning this coming July 23rd, a friend might buy another "Car". Due west of you over at the coast town of Eureka is where "EELGRASS" lives.

Welcome back to Kali and at least you picked the NORTH PART OF STATE.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Glad all is working out for you.

The ONLY excuse for moving to Ca is LEAVING Texas!....LOL!

"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

Glad all is working out for you.

The ONLY excuse for moving to Ca is LEAVING Texas!....LOL!

"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

Cjboz, welcome back! Good to have a fellow MM'er just down the hill a bit. Good luck on the Trinity! I love that river but haven't paid enough dues i guess. It's always a good trip over there but can be short on fish at times!

Joey

Cjboz, welcome back! Good to have a fellow MM'er just down the hill a bit. Good luck on the Trinity! I love that river but haven't paid enough dues i guess. It's always a good trip over there but can be short on fish at times!

Joey

You need to hurry and learn to hold a gun sideways while you shoot or they will run you out of town.

Good luck on your new adventure

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

You need to hurry and learn to hold a gun sideways while you shoot or they will run you out of town.

Good luck on your new adventure

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Welcome back Boz. When you get the Salmon dialed in give me a call and I'll come visit.

Welcome back Boz. When you get the Salmon dialed in give me a call and I'll come visit.

I am just a little North of Eel in Crescent City. Welcome Back to Kali (I think).

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

I am just a little North of Eel in Crescent City. Welcome Back to Kali (I think).

Bill

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-11 AT 09:36AM (MST)[p]Redding is a beautiful town. Couldn't have picked a better place to live in. Good luck.

Eldorado

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-11 AT 09:36AM (MST)[p]Redding is a beautiful town. Couldn't have picked a better place to live in. Good luck.

Eldorado

Down south of you about 4 hours in Modesto. Great fishing in your area, Shasta is a great lake in the winter once the skiers go home.

Down south of you about 4 hours in Modesto. Great fishing in your area, Shasta is a great lake in the winter once the skiers go home.

cj- You are lucky to be close to Shasta Lake. We were up there last summer on a houseboat for a week with 3 other families. Had a blast!! I know it gets hot as crap up there in the summer but you can cure that with AC. I also worked for my FIL at one time. Its either really good or really bad. The nice things is that when finances for him were good, I was good. But, when things were bad, he dropped my families health insurance and flat lied to my face about doing it. All it took was one call to my insurance company and I got the whole story. That was the last day I worked for him. Lied to my face about cancelling my health insurance....and I have a daughter with a heart condition. I was floored. The grass is greener....good luck boz!

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

cj- You are lucky to be close to Shasta Lake. We were up there last summer on a houseboat for a week with 3 other families. Had a blast!! I know it gets hot as crap up there in the summer but you can cure that with AC. I also worked for my FIL at one time. Its either really good or really bad. The nice things is that when finances for him were good, I was good. But, when things were bad, he dropped my families health insurance and flat lied to my face about doing it. All it took was one call to my insurance company and I got the whole story. That was the last day I worked for him. Lied to my face about cancelling my health insurance....and I have a daughter with a heart condition. I was floored. The grass is greener....good luck boz!

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

You know the old saying they can't keep a good man down.Things will get better.I live about a hour south of you in Paradise.

You know the old saying they can't keep a good man down.Things will get better.I live about a hour south of you in Paradise.

Well shoot me a PM if some of you get to Redding and we will try to meet. I moved here at the right time. Weathers good, houses are cheap :) NO worries on the FIL, in the words of D13er hes just a Plick. Family business dynamics are weird as hell. Take care boys

Well shoot me a PM if some of you get to Redding and we will try to meet. I moved here at the right time. Weathers good, houses are cheap :) NO worries on the FIL, in the words of D13er hes just a Plick. Family business dynamics are weird as hell. Take care boys

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-11 AT 05:29PM (MST)[p]You can feel good about your move.
Redding is a great location for the avid outdoorsman.
You won't be missing any of those so called "blue ribbon" trout streams as you have kick ass fishing in every direction.

Steelhead?
You got it to the west.
The Trinity, Mad, Van Duzen, Smith.

59178_102658833130978_100001605848906_18975_5700242_n.jpg

62036_102951236435071_100001605848906_21411_4989744_n.jpg

9-7.jpg

Salmon?
Trinity, Sacramento, & Feather are all on the rebound...
There was a 15lb brown trout caught on the Trinity last month!

59131_102949986435196_100001605848906_21360_3140404_n.jpg

ppppppn.jpg

Great OTC bears & blacktails in the Trinity Alps & Yolla Bolly's that you can hunt every single year.

1257989338.jpg

1257989334.jpg

5-10.jpg

Picture062-1.jpg

Great Coyote hunts to be had in Modoc county to the east.

yotefest.jpg

Don't forget the abundant waterfowl on the public refuges.

Colusa%20NWR.jpg

Don't let the ignorant bring you down about Northern California, it still has way more to offer than many other states, you just have to get out and do it and you are in a great location to do just that..

;-)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-11 AT 05:29PM (MST)[p]You can feel good about your move.
Redding is a great location for the avid outdoorsman.
You won't be missing any of those so called "blue ribbon" trout streams as you have kick ass fishing in every direction.

Steelhead?
You got it to the west.
The Trinity, Mad, Van Duzen, Smith.

59178_102658833130978_100001605848906_18975_5700242_n.jpg

62036_102951236435071_100001605848906_21411_4989744_n.jpg

9-7.jpg

Salmon?
Trinity, Sacramento, & Feather are all on the rebound...
There was a 15lb brown trout caught on the Trinity last month!

59131_102949986435196_100001605848906_21360_3140404_n.jpg

ppppppn.jpg

Great OTC bears & blacktails in the Trinity Alps & Yolla Bolly's that you can hunt every single year.

1257989338.jpg

1257989334.jpg

5-10.jpg

Picture062-1.jpg

Great Coyote hunts to be had in Modoc county to the east.

yotefest.jpg

Don't forget the abundant waterfowl on the public refuges.

Colusa%20NWR.jpg

Don't let the ignorant bring you down about Northern California, it still has way more to offer than many other states, you just have to get out and do it and you are in a great location to do just that..

;-)

We went to the Trinity this weekend and I loaded a chromed up beauty springer in the driftboat. My dad and his friend probably got tired of me saying" what the hell have I been doing in Texas the past 10 yrs" lol. My dad drew a c tag so we will be out for that and I am contemplating a B tag and bear tag. Just not sure if I need to hold out until next year due to the NR prices. Your right HH northern cali is a recreational paradise. We will be wearing our driftboat out this fall inn the Trinity! I have not spent much time over in the trinity mts though. I just may need to load up and go!

We went to the Trinity this weekend and I loaded a chromed up beauty springer in the driftboat. My dad and his friend probably got tired of me saying" what the hell have I been doing in Texas the past 10 yrs" lol. My dad drew a c tag so we will be out for that and I am contemplating a B tag and bear tag. Just not sure if I need to hold out until next year due to the NR prices. Your right HH northern cali is a recreational paradise. We will be wearing our driftboat out this fall inn the Trinity! I have not spent much time over in the trinity mts though. I just may need to load up and go!

Harry, that coyote photo is the coolest photo ever!

Boz, if you're fishing the Trinity, might as well take home a couple pennyweight of gold while you're there.:) The Fall salmon run is starting on the Klamath I heard. I have a tough time eating them though. Gotta smoke them. I get fish every year from Indian friends.

Eel

Harry, that coyote photo is the coolest photo ever!

Boz, if you're fishing the Trinity, might as well take home a couple pennyweight of gold while you're there.:) The Fall salmon run is starting on the Klamath I heard. I have a tough time eating them though. Gotta smoke them. I get fish every year from Indian friends.

Eel

Yeah Eel we ours too. Cant beat a little smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers on a cracker. I think we are going over this next weekend. I would love to get a few ounces out of that river. Now they dont allow dredging anymore and my dad has an old dredge that would get me in cheap:) Helping my old man gather up a little firewood this weekend. Sure is nice being in the big woods again!

Yeah Eel we ours too. Cant beat a little smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers on a cracker. I think we are going over this next weekend. I would love to get a few ounces out of that river. Now they dont allow dredging anymore and my dad has an old dredge that would get me in cheap:) Helping my old man gather up a little firewood this weekend. Sure is nice being in the big woods again!

I lived in Eureka the summer before I started school, while still in the reserves.

The first thing I learned was to not stray too far from town whilst running in the woods. Something about not disturbing 'Humboldt Homegrown'. Beautiful country.

>BOZ....well I am about 3-1/2 to
>4 hours south of you
>in the Redwood Empire in
>from the coast. I
>will be going with two
>friends up to Corning this
>coming July 23rd, a friend
>might buy another "Car".
>Due west of you over
>at the coast town of
>Eureka is where "EELGRASS" lives.
>
>
>Welcome back to Kali and at
>least you picked the NORTH
>PART OF STATE.
>
>Brian
>http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I lived in Eureka the summer before I started school, while still in the reserves.

The first thing I learned was to not stray too far from town whilst running in the woods. Something about not disturbing 'Humboldt Homegrown'. Beautiful country.

>BOZ....well I am about 3-1/2 to
>4 hours south of you
>in the Redwood Empire in
>from the coast. I
>will be going with two
>friends up to Corning this
>coming July 23rd, a friend
>might buy another "Car".
>Due west of you over
>at the coast town of
>Eureka is where "EELGRASS" lives.
>
>
>Welcome back to Kali and at
>least you picked the NORTH
>PART OF STATE.
>
>Brian
>http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

>Geez H' was that like 20
>years ago or did you
>guys cover alotta ground on
>those yotes ?....

That was the Anual coyote contest in Adin Ca. back in February.

>Geez H' was that like 20
>years ago or did you
>guys cover alotta ground on
>those yotes ?....

That was the Anual coyote contest in Adin Ca. back in February.

Well CJ - since you were from there originally and moved back, these Texans here shouldn't lose any respect for you. Too bad though - now where am I going to get a good guide for a West Texas muley??!!

Hope it all goes well for the family.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Well CJ - since you were from there originally and moved back, these Texans here shouldn't lose any respect for you. Too bad though - now where am I going to get a good guide for a West Texas muley??!!

Hope it all goes well for the family.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Well Roy, you'll have to come up and visit sometime.

I was salmon fishing on the Trinity one time next to some guys with a dredge. They showed me the 35 ounces of gold they got from behind a big rock. This was at Big Bar. It's still fun to pan along the river and creeks.

Eel

Well Roy, you'll have to come up and visit sometime.

I was salmon fishing on the Trinity one time next to some guys with a dredge. They showed me the 35 ounces of gold they got from behind a big rock. This was at Big Bar. It's still fun to pan along the river and creeks.

Eel

Roy not to worry all of my connections are still intact.

Your right Eel their is some gold to be had in the Trinity, especially after a good wet winter that really stirred the river around!

Eel is right Roy, you need to come visit, maybe eel can hook you up with a cash crop to take back to Texas and pay for your trip:)
He live over in the emerald triangle ya know, he wants to brag about it but at the same time keep a low profile. I helped my dad move a logging side in June when we came to visit and I spotted 2 marijuana grows right off the logging road about 30 yrds or so as we were moving the equipment in. lol

Eel I told my dad you were a "filer" at a mill on the coast he wondered what one. He has logged Trinity, Shasta, Lassen counties for the last 35 yrs + or -.

Roy not to worry all of my connections are still intact.

Your right Eel their is some gold to be had in the Trinity, especially after a good wet winter that really stirred the river around!

Eel is right Roy, you need to come visit, maybe eel can hook you up with a cash crop to take back to Texas and pay for your trip:)
He live over in the emerald triangle ya know, he wants to brag about it but at the same time keep a low profile. I helped my dad move a logging side in June when we came to visit and I spotted 2 marijuana grows right off the logging road about 30 yrds or so as we were moving the equipment in. lol

Eel I told my dad you were a "filer" at a mill on the coast he wondered what one. He has logged Trinity, Shasta, Lassen counties for the last 35 yrs + or -.

Didn't they recently outlaw dredges in Kali?

You may have to use the pan CJ or just harvest a little green gold,LOL.

Bill

Didn't they recently outlaw dredges in Kali?

You may have to use the pan CJ or just harvest a little green gold,LOL.

Bill

Boz, I work at Schmidbauer Lumber in Eureka. The same family owns Trinity River Lumber in Weaverville. They also own a couple mills near Nacadocious (sp) Texas.

Pot has definatly replaced timber as the #1 crop in northern Kali. Far out, man, it's groovy!:)

There is a community in southern Humboldt that is trying to incorporate and become officially "Emerald City". I kid you not.

Eel

Boz, I work at Schmidbauer Lumber in Eureka. The same family owns Trinity River Lumber in Weaverville. They also own a couple mills near Nacadocious (sp) Texas.

Pot has definatly replaced timber as the #1 crop in northern Kali. Far out, man, it's groovy!:)

There is a community in southern Humboldt that is trying to incorporate and become officially "Emerald City". I kid you not.

Eel

The week of the 4th and part of last week they hauled over to Weaverville. I guess some of the logs on the tract they sold to TRL. I saw a kid I grew up with at the C-store a week or so ago and I asked him what he had been doing. He said "gardening" LMAO!! He was driving a real nice new pick up. HMMMM I did not know carrots, tomatoes and veggies could pay the bills like that:)

The week of the 4th and part of last week they hauled over to Weaverville. I guess some of the logs on the tract they sold to TRL. I saw a kid I grew up with at the C-store a week or so ago and I asked him what he had been doing. He said "gardening" LMAO!! He was driving a real nice new pick up. HMMMM I did not know carrots, tomatoes and veggies could pay the bills like that:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom