Mt. Emily late buck hunt

M

muleymikey

November 20th opener just around the corner, anyone seeing any bruisers over that way. I'm hopeing for a little weather but not this darn fog.

muleymikey, expect good things. I filled my muzzleloader tag last week on a nice 4 point, different unit, still eastern oregon, and the bucks were starting to rut. A buddy I work with, his son shot one hell of a nice buck in mt.emily this year. And he just called me 5 minutes ago, and said he saw a 4x5 that would go 26". Im not sure where he is at, he doesnt tell me much. And I dont know anything about mt.emily unit, but just letting you know there in there if you can find them. I know that dont help much, just trying to give you a little good news, good luck!! Hope to see some big buck pics from you later on.

Eobowhntr

Eobowhntr and everyone else who offered help, all I can say is I really appreciate it. My hunt starts in a couple of days and I am getting pumped!! I'll let y'all know how it went. Hopefully I can get some good footage of what I see. I'll try and check in during the hunt if I'm able. Later, Mike

Had to come home for equipment failure. My bracket that holds the power steering pump broke and was hanging on by one bolt. Dropped it off this Sat am borrowed a buddies p-u and am on my way back out this afternoon. Tally so far a 26" four point, and a few smaller dink type bucks. 4 different sets of lion tracks, several sets of coyote tracks, and one set of bobcat tracks. 50mph winds first day till around 3:00pm then snow storm, next day no deer in am clear and cold. In the afternoon a few deer but no toads. Wind picked up about 3:00pm slow evening. That's all for now. Mike

Well done!

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Great buck! I love those heavy-horned deer. I will take them over width every time........almost.

Congratulations to the hunter.

Back
Top Bottom