Mt. Goat mount

tradarcher

I got lucky and drew a UT goat tag. Who should I consider when I have it mounted? I would prefer to keep it in Utah.

I would use Redview Taxidermy out of venice UT. Carey ogden does great work, you won't find a guy who cares more about his work.

Go to Bruce Capes. He has one in his showroom. He is in Sandy just North of 90th South.

Sam Raby in Bluffdale does nice work. He did a really nice mount for Predator (Lisa), here on MM, for her 2003 Montana goat.

I would give Paul Pennie (Alpine, Utah) a call. As well as look at some of his work in person.

46b3daba6f7b95e9.jpg

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

My opinion the full body Mountain Goat mount is the best looking mount in North America.

I hope to draw a tag some day.

Seriously look at Carey Ogden in Venice his shop right outside of Richfield and you will not be sorry. His number is 435-896-9669. Also that mount is really beautiful not taking anything from the animal its self but I am a big base fan and Carey is making some bases that would blow you out of the water. As well as he is incredible with mounts. He has my vote if you are staying in Utah.

Brandon,

If I ever get a goat, that is exactly how I want it to look. That is one of the best life size mounts I have seen.

I drew a uintahs liedy peak. Browtine, that is an awsome mount. How do i contact him. I've seen quite a few other mounts of Paul's and all of them are awsome.

Trad, you have an awesome tag, enjoy the challenge!

Here is the work Sam Raby did for me...

46b502520b713276.jpg

46b5029b0e0647e7.jpg

I had limited wall space, this was his idea for a corner wall pedestal. I am quite pleased!!

Pred

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-07 AT 06:17PM (MST)[p] tryed to upload, no joy.

Half body mount bedded on a rock. Looks great!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-07 AT 06:19PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/46b517393d18c252.jpg

Wow thats a big one.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-07 AT 06:23PM (MST)[p]I'm a sucker for life-sized/half body mounts with a relaxed appearence, like the last pic laying on the snow-covered rock...that's great!

This is a billy I got last fall here in Colorado. I just got him back from the taxidermist about a month ago. If you don't mind crossing the border to Grand Junction, Greg Brumfield of Brumfield Taxidermy (www.brumfieldtaxidermy.com) specializes in sheep and goats.

46b53cbb4874a351.jpg

46b53d4e50eebfda.jpg

I assume because of your handle you shoot a recurve or longbow. Enjoy your hunt!

Mike

Thanks guys. Great looking mounts. I have been seeing some very nice goats this year. I plan on hunting with my longbow for the first two or three weeks, but if i can't get close enough, 40 yards MAX the old .270 will get broke out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom