mtmuley

REDDOG

Long Time Member
Now you've gone and done it!

Starting a Leupold haters forum on the 24, LMAO..nice

FWIW, my frammy bashing thread on the campfire is getting more traffic!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-10 AT 06:41PM (MST)[p]Yeah, I was in a crappy mood. Some of those guys over there live to bash stuff. We do our share here, but C'mon Man! I'm gonna check out your thread right now. BTW, I didn't forget about talking to my bud about the GS's. We just have played phone tag here lately. mtmuley 440, Theres a number of members on another forum I visit that continuously and relentlessly berate anything Leupold. I took exception, and well...

Since Leupold is an Oregon company I have to take exception too.

I can't see how anyone could put Leupold down. I've been a accused of being a snob myself on this forum and I do have Swarovski and Leica optics, as well as many from Leupold and my opinion is high end european optics are unbeatable but for the money Leupold is unbeatable and they're plenty good.

Unless I'm going to pony up the big bucks Leupold is the only brand I ever look at end of story. they've never let me down and if they did a lifetime warranty is there to back them up I don't know how you do much better than that.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-10 AT 09:23PM (MST)[p]I like Leupold too, most of my guns wear one. I have had problems twisting turrets with loops tho so I have gone to Zeiss for that. NF and S&B are jsut too damn heavy, and the Zeiss has been flawless in repeatability so far.

If I were starting out tho, I doubt I would buy anything but Zeiss, their conquest line runs about par with Leupold's VXIII's money wise.

mtmuley, if you want an hour of comical reading, click on oldmans profile and veiw his posts..he is a piece of work!

He's 67 years old, and wants me to meet him in Pinedale to fight! priceless..

There's a lot of good info over at the fire, but I like the more casual (well, almost always casual) atmosphere here at MM better. And I don't know why, but I've looked at the Conquest series, and to me the Leupolds looked better, the glass seemed sharper and the scopes just "feel" right to me. Optics are such a tough thing as the perceptions can vary widely from user to user. I just thought that all the users of Leupold must know something, even if the 24HRCF guys think we don't. mtmuley

Man I screwed up. I just put a 4.5x14 mark 4 Leupold on my 6.5x284 that was just built and it only allowed my buddy to shoot a 8" group at 1100 yards with it. I can only dream of how much better it could be with a Nightforce and how much I would enjoy the extra weight and how it would balance out the gun. Freakin' Oregon junk!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom