Mule Deer hunt ideas ?

Stillwater165

Very Active Member
I’ve got a real good friend from way back that wants a good mule deer some day. He’s hunted with me at our old place in Wyoming for both antelope and muleys, just never sealed the deal on a mule deer. Long story short as of early this fall he’s now in a chair, not sure that will ever change. I didn’t make our last hunt in Wyoming before this happened and it’s bothered me pretty bad. I’d like nothing more than to get him out again I just don’t know where or how ? Anybody on here have any ideas ??? Obviously high country is out and he’s the type he will want to do it his way. He can shoot, that’s not a problem. Tough as the game is nowdays with this obstacle I’m not sure what type of hunt might work best. Any expirience or ideas I’m all ears, thanks.

I’m not sure about md but I know New Mexico has handicapped hunts available in a special draw. Most states also have special regs for handicapped where they can hunt earlier or longer season dates and can get permits to shoot from a road and vehicle.

It may also be possible to set him up at a waterhole or private land with alfalfa? .

I have several clients in chairs. There are plenty of organizations the help facilitate tags and property owners. Some states have extended seasons as well. Let me know and I can forward you some contact info.

I have several clients in chairs. There are plenty of organizations the help facilitate tags and property owners. Some states have extended seasons as well. Let me know and I can forward you some contact info.
I’d be all ears, thank you.

Wyoming will let him hunt 5 days early with a rifle. There are some hunts where that might work. I think a private land guided hunt is likely his best chance at a good deer. Nebraska wouldn't be a bad option if he wanted to that route. I wouldn't bother trying public in Nebraska though.

I don’t find either of you funny at all…… takes a real P.O.S. individual to joke about something like this……. maybe someday it’ll happen to you……..
I figured you had thicker skin than that. Good luck finding a good hunt for your buddy, that's nice of you!

Last edited:
I figured you had thicker skin than that. Desitin is on sale at Family Dollar in Nephi......good luck finding a good hunt for your buddy, that's nice of you!
You touched a nerve you really shouldn’t have ! Handicapped people aren’t a joking matter in my eyes ……. at all ! His whole life changed in a matter of seconds.

You touched a nerve you really shouldn’t have ! Handicapped people aren’t a joking matter in my eyes ……. at all ! His whole life changed in a matter of seconds.
Just to be clear I didn't say anything derogatory about your buddy, that was directed at your sensitivity. I wish you guys the best. In all honesty Nebo may not be a bad option. Lots of roads, easy to draw and believe it or not some good bucks are killed off of there every year. Decent 0 point CO units to look at too. Good luck finding a hunt that suits you.

Just to be clear I didn't say anything derogatory about your buddy, that was directed at your sensitivity. I wish you guys the best. In all honesty Nebo may not be a bad option. Lots of roads, easy to draw and believe it or not some good bucks are killed off of there every year. Decent 0 point CO units to look at too. Good luck finding a hunt that suits you.
No you did not, and yep I’m pretty touchy about it. Pretty lucky he’s still here. I appreciate the good luck wishes, hopefully he’s got many hunts left in him, the will power is there 100%. But I would not pay my worst enemy to ever hunt the Nebo with me, let alone him. I was there this fall, hands down worst hunt I’ve ever been on for too many reasons to list !

Life and health are truly fragile! Anyone or anyone with family members that have struggled with health issues know exactly why it's important to be thankful every day for life and health!

I'm not sure how many times I've been in lonely places and thanked the good man above for all of the great experiences I've had over the years in the outdoors with wildlife! Obviously, it would be impossible for handicapped people to experience some of these same things.

May sound corny.....but it is true. Some people may need a wake-up call!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom