Mule Deer in HD 270

W

WEKILLDEER

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-08 AT 03:31PM (MST)[p]Well, It is time again to start putting in for permits. I think that i will put in for the coveted hd 270 mule deer permit. Have any of you hunted this zone or know someone who has? If so please post pics so I know what I can expect to see if I am one of the lucky few to hunt this area.

four years ago i went on a guided elk hunt. what a joke.we did spend some time in the 270 never more than a quarter mile from the truck and the guides beer and smokes . saw 2 great bucks and like i said never got far from the road.if you get the tag i think you could have a great hunt .

The days of cruising into 270 and taking a decent buck appear to be over. I'm sure some pigs are still there, but not like 4 or 5 years ago. I don't apply for it, and I live in the Bitteroot. I know many guys that hunt it, and try to check local taxidermy shops. BIG bucks are way down in numbers from what I hear. You and at least 6000 other people still think it's a good area. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom